PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft points buying over marketplace?

Agent Aero
09-27-2008, 06:22 PM
When i attempt to buy microsoft points via the XBLmarketplace iv registered a card etc and when it says commit to buy/or w.e it says "this profile is restricted from downloading premium content please change settings in the system tab and then family settings" so i do this then when im at family settings it says "no child profiles were found on this console please insert a memory unit with a child profile"

Its really starting to pee me off now so any help would be extremely grateful.

By the way if i made another LIVE account for a month, could i purchase points via that profile and use them with my main? (Agent Aero)?

So are the points restricted to the console or profile?

TIA.

P.S-with the points im probably going to download some gamerpics and the halo legendary maps. Just need 100% clarification that if i download on profile 'A' profile 'B' will also get the benefits. I will be connected to LIVE if need be.

edd__
09-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that the points are restricted to the profile. But i also think that content that someone downloads/buys on one console is usable by other profiles on said console, though some of the time it'll only work when connected to Live.

dunno what to say about the family settings :S