PDA

View Full Version : Wow - my jaw just dropped

p0rtfan
09-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I was just on the ufc09 website. Watched all 3 "teaser videos" and read about the features. All videos i hadn't seen aswell (only previously seen body scanning and first ever trailer). The gameplay video looks so good and in the second video you see Rampage KO'ing Forest Griffin in the game with one punch. The submissions/slams/strikes/takedowns/effects all look so real. And it also says they have a roster of over 80 real fighters. Wow. I bet i couldn't even name 80 ufc fighters.

Will be the best fighting game EVER. unless they make a better ufc one :woop:. Lets hope it isn't too far off. I estimate march 09.

DCS 23
09-27-2008, 10:24 PM
to be honest mate not very much people will actually go find this website any chance you could post up a link to the 3 vids?

p0rtfan
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry - its www.ufc09.com (http://www.ufc09.com)

Im sure it is on the first page after you enter your DOB, it says "open teaser videos".

GR33NY93
05-28-2009, 09:11 AM
And yes. IT is the best fighting game ever, :)

Swaggatron83
05-28-2009, 09:16 AM
And yes. IT is the best fighting game ever, :)

LOL Are you serious??

SFIV shyts all over this game, so will KOFXII and Fight Night 4.

Not to mention Virtua Fighter 5 and upcoming Blazblue. This game is good but it's on par with previous THQ wrestling games.

Let's not go crazy over here.

Too.Sneaks
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
LOL Are you serious??

SFIV shyts all over this game, so will KOFXII and Fight Night 4.

Not to mention Virtua Fighter 5 and upcoming Blazblue. This game is good but it's on par with previous THQ wrestling games.

Let's not go crazy over here.

Agreed.

FNR4 will merk.

HIFOSTAR
05-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Though I'm not a big SFIV fan (yeah kill me for it, but when you got your ass handed to you everyday as a kid by your brothers and could never play, well you tell me how much you would like something?) and KOF is eh.

FN sure it's good and because it is already an established franchise with a good following most likely will beat out UFC overall with it's more in depth career modes and so forth.

But gotta give UFC credit. It did what no attempt at an MMA game did before it. It made it feel like an MMA game and not a wrestling dress up in (former) Pride or other UFC titles. If THQ continues on with this game and they really attack it aggressively to come out with follow up titles to best eachother I feel in a few years down the road it will have beat out FN.

Really how different can you throw a punch? jab? straight? hook? and uppercut? At the end of the day it'll all just be the same thing right? Where as MMA (which is why it is doing oh so much better now) has so much more to offer. Can't box a guy, take him down. Losing on the bottom? Try a submission. Beaten on reach? Throw a high kick.

Player models are already great and if they can continue to build on the progress of UFC Undisputed 2009 then I think just as in real life, boxing has met it's match.