PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking Ban

Tenacious
09-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I know this belongs in the Halo 3 forum, but I thought it was such epic bullshit that I just had to share what's happened to me. Bungie are a bunch of pricks, and they've completely banned my 360 (possibly my gamertag, not sure) from their matchmaking system.

Let me paint the picture for you. I wasn't even doing anything considered illegal. It was a few nights ago, the 24th I believe, I wanted to play matchmaking with 2 of my irl friends, and we thought, hey, what the hell, why not go for some of the new achievements? So we went to play DLC FFA. We figured we might as well get an 8 person party together for boosting since they allow it. I brought in 3 guests (1 other controller, 2 guitars), one of my friends brought 1 guest (1 controller), and my other irl friend couldn't bring any guests because he was at his dad's and he forgot his controllers. That made a 7 person party. We went into matchmaking, and most games, we had a game with just us because our party was so large. We all got the Splatter Spree achievement on Ghost Town in mongooses (LOL), and all in all, we were just messing around and not doing anything of importance. We were all taking turns getting overkills, perfections, etc. Just basically messing around. Splatter Spree was the only achievement I boosted for that night. For 15-20 more games, we all stayed in the party and we weren't getting oddball games, etc. that everyone else needed (I already had the oddball achievement), so after around 20 games, my friend who didn't have the guest left. That's when we stopped. I got on Halo 3 last night to keep my 360voice streak going because I didn't have any time to game, and I get a message telling me I have been banned from Halo 3 matchmaking, and to visit http://www.bungie.net/ban/.

You know, that's fine and dandy, I can understand where they're coming from, but I have a few questions for them. First question, WHY ALLOW an 8 person party in an 8 person playlist if you don't want people boosting and generally messing around? It's like a trap for achievement whores or something, why would you even include the option? If you don't want boosting, make it like Lone Wolves.

Second question, I know it states in the Codes of Conduct that it is not allowed to boost for skill or experience. It says nothing in the Code of Conduct about boosting achievements. That's exactly what I was doing (actually, let me rephrase that, TRYING, I only earned 1 achievement the entire night). Why is it wrong to boost? What does Bungie have against boosters? I've played over 650 matchmade games, and played them all the way through, legit. I'm a Captain, my highest skill is 23, and my experience is somewhere in the 270s. You'd think if I really cared about the experience and skill system in Halo 3, I'd be much higher by now, a Brigadier or General, for example. Just because I was boosting for achievements and coming in the top 3 in most games (we had 4 guests, I pretty much had no choice but to be in the top 3), it was assumed I was boosting for experience, which is not the case.

Third question, why haven't my other friends been banned? The other two people I was playing with in that party had absolutely no repercussions, and one of the friends boosted for every single multiplayer achievement in the original 1000 for Halo 3. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I boost for a Splatter Spree and I am permanently banned from matchmaking. Being banned from Matchmaking means I can never complete my 1750 in Halo 3, I will always be stuck with the amount of achievements I have now UNLESS I buy myself a new Xbox 360, which is bullshit and highly unlikely.

I really couldn't have cared any less about my rank or anything in that silly little game, I played Halo 3, mostly in parties with my friend, but most of all, I played for fun. According to my 360voice, I've played Halo 3 for 53 days since the start of June. 53 days. I had tons of fun just messing around in custom games, creating maps in the forge, and no-scope sniping in matchmaking. I was just a regular player, and I boosted for 1 achievement, and was called out for it. If anyone from Bungie ever reads this post, I want them to get one message out of it: There ARE achievement whores in the xbox 360 world, and they like to get said achievements as fast as possible. Why ban them for doing something they enjoy?

Sorry for my rant, everyone will probably just tl;dr. Looks like I'm going to have to find another game to get really good at. Thank god for Guitar Hero. Thank you and goodnight.

Outline
09-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Shitty man.

laundryman
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
So you were banned from Halos' matchmaking system? Yeah, Bungie reformed their policy a little while back. You aren't allowed to boost for Achievements in Halo anymore. I have no clue why. I don't see the harm in it.

It's bullshit though , I agree.

allisd00m
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
are you 100% sure that's why you got banned? not saying you're a liar or anything just seems highly unlikely

also it would be your account banned from MM not your 360 but again, it seems really unlikely they perm banned you for that

if i remember correctly they didn't even ban the people that WERE exp boosting with social doubles and the rest

try posting this on their forums or email them just to confirm why you were banned, because as you said you weren't even doing anything against their ToS as far as I know

Maka
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
You've probably been banned for like 2 weeks...

... And they don't care about the achievements, as much as the EXP. With the new TU2 they have made a system that Auto-detects exp boosting. If you have inactive controllers and are constantly winning then you are boosting EXP, which only happens to lead to a couple achievements.

They could care less about your splatter spree though.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-28-2008, 05:25 PM
dude that sucks
im sorry.

CovertDog
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Already a couple of threads on this in the Halo 3 forum.