PDA

View Full Version : Boosting 2 consoles?

Evo Kazz
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I bought kid a 360 for her birthday, and she wants to play games withme on xbox live, but in the same house, using the same phone line (broadband)

is this easily achieved? if so how? also would we need another gold membership for her account?

Can I just ask aswell, is it possible this way to boost games faster using 2 consoles? could I get online achievements by playing against her? just curious

Jetpac
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I bought kid a 360 for her birthday, and she wants to play games withme on xbox live, but in the same house, using the same phone line (broadband)

is this easily achieved? if so how? also would we need another gold membership for her account?

Can I just ask aswell, is it possible this way to boost games faster using 2 consoles? could I get online achievements by playing against her? just curious

In Answer to your questions.

1) Yes its perfectly feasible and easily done (just connect the new xbox up as you have the older one)
2) Yes you would need another xbox live gold account
3) in theory its easier because you can coordinate easier, however it all depends on the specific game and the achievements as to whether you could get them just playing with her.

Asariel
09-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Just a note, some routers can't handle two on the same network properly; One will always be strict, the other open. You can still play together fine however there may be issues if you want more friends on. There is a list of compatible routers out there somewhere, my brother and I had to plump for one when we lived together.

Evo Kazz
09-29-2008, 06:17 AM
I have a Netgear router, so hopefully it will work, if not Ill probably buy another.

Is it just a case of plugging it in with another ethernet cable?

Asariel
09-29-2008, 08:57 AM
If it's the Netgear DG384 (most common router) that is also what we had and it wouldn't work for us, though I did read conflicting stories of it working for some simply by plugging the two in. Alternatively you could go into the settings and put one of the Xbox IPs in the DMZ or turn off all port forwarding and hope the uPNP handles it. (I gather this is the problem of most routers, same can, some can't). Neither worked for us, but I'd still give it a go before you buy a new router.

I found the list we used when deciding to buy one:

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=Two%20Xboxes%20one%20i nternet%20connection

Went for the D-link DSL-2640B and though the first died after 2 days the second was fine until I moved.

Good Luck. :)

JayToukon
09-29-2008, 09:17 AM
You mean DG834? Yeah that's what we've got. We run two 360's (both open connection), 2 PC's, a laptop, and an iPhone and it's fine - works without any problems at all. The only thing that might affect running so much hardware through it is your actual internet connection speed.

Ruthless
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
I have the Virgin Media Netgear router (standard) and i run a PC, Laptop and 2 360's and there is no lag and its fine, however its good to note that not all games work together. Castle Crashers is one of them as i was gonna boost it with my gf and it didnt work. Turok does as i did that with her ; )

You need two copies of EVERY game and she doesnt need gold 48 hour codes work fine for boosting. I just buy 3 months when i need it for her.

Daywalker-san
09-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Boosting with 2 360s work fine, thats how I did TNA for me and my brother

xBoricua Killax
09-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Well I have a Netgear CG814GCMR and it works great I have 2 Laptops, 1 PC, 2 360 all going at the same time and i don't lag... Well depending on what the people are the laptops and PC is doing... if they are downloading crap from like limewire. or big things like that the lag will be crazy

Peace
09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
So you want to get achievements by crushing your poor little daughter online? You're a sick, sick individual! Can I have her gamertag? I still need my headshot and grenade achievements in Gears... hehe!

Falcongale
09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
You mean DG834? Yeah that's what we've got. We run two 360's (both open connection), 2 PC's, a laptop, and an iPhone and it's fine - works without any problems at all. The only thing that might affect running so much hardware through it is your actual internet connection speed.

I have the DG834 too and its a GREAT router!

Evo Kazz
09-30-2008, 06:58 AM
My router is a DG834GT so I guess im good? lol