PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Power is Kind of Neat Glitched?

wgpfly
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I dont know if im doing something wrong Ive followed the guide and I cant seem to get this to unlock. Im taking the British...and done this numerous times on different settings all while playing on King...Anyone have any tips

EDIT: Figured out you cant play as The British at least for me...

jtaylorb
10-01-2008, 07:51 PM
It's because you have to play as a civ that starts out with despotism as their government type. The British don't work because they start with monarchy.

owtkastbabyboi
10-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Well how about that! Someone needs to edit the guide then.

HuNNiE BuNNiE
10-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Hahaha I was wondering the same thing myself as I also was following the guide for that achievement:)

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Lucky I stumbled upon this as I am having the same problem!

Hopefully it will work now!

Also with settlers am I aloud to settle them into my city or not? Should I just send them off to the barbarians or just let them wait in the city?

PeterTheWolf
01-01-2009, 03:26 PM
THANK YOU!!! Thats been driving me nuts as I couldnt get it unlocked for the life of me. Makes sense when I think of it.

denjuandemarco
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
It's because you have to play as a civ that starts out with despotism as their government type. The British don't work because they start with monarchy.

Really? I am so glad to read that! 3 times I tried it with the english fellows ... but I'm not quite sure, as I also played the greeks, changed immediately right from the start from despotism to monarchy (as written in the achievement guide) and it didn't work.

Is there a chance to win on "king" and stay on despotism?

It's the second last unlocked achievement for me (also 2 famous persons left), yeeha!