PDA

View Full Version : New Idea!

Genesis x360a
09-29-2008, 05:08 AM
As far as i know the Awards on this site are not Automated and have to be given out, if they are automated ignore this idea.

Well my idea is to make the life of the mod/admin easier by making some of the Awards like the Donation/Subscriber/Post count awards Etc. Automated. Maybe this is already in motion but if it isnt you no where you saw it 1st :p

The Pants Party
09-29-2008, 12:07 PM
You really think we wouldn't have done that by now if it was possible? :p

Genesis x360a
09-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Lol yer i guess but isnt it possible?? and thanks for the reply. Worth a try :p

JC
09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Lol yer i guess but isnt it possible?? and thanks for the reply. Worth a try :p
If it was possible they would have done it by now...

Phil709
09-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a better idea: tell me how to get some easy awards. Like the "spread the word" one for example. This site is cruel. It mixes my love of achievements with my love of earning emblems on websites. Its distracting me from studying which can actually lead to REAL achievements and awards like scholarships and getting into good universities. :(

JC
09-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I have a better idea: tell me how to get some easy awards. Like the "spread the word" one for example. This site is cruel. It mixes my love of achievements with my love of earning emblems on websites. Its distracting me from studying which can actually lead to REAL achievements and awards like scholarships and getting into good universities. :(
Then learn to moderate your time if you are being completely distracted from work by x360a...

Though it is an awesome site, so I can't blame you. :p

Phil709
09-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Then learn to moderate your time if you are being completely distracted from work by x360a...

Though it is an awesome site, so I can't blame you. :p
You're right. I'm neglecting achievements and this site. No more work.:woop:

mclinton92
09-30-2008, 01:08 AM
imagine the time spent if it wasnt automated, lol

Vereor Vindico
09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
I realize this is a bit off topic, but I have a question:

How do you design what the badges look like and implement them? I mean, do you just put a picture together and copy and paste it into a little box or something? I only ask because I have been asked to help design user icons for a website's forums, and am not sure as to how to go about it.

Skillet
09-30-2008, 05:28 AM
I realize this is a bit off topic, but I have a question:

How do you design what the badges look like and implement them? I mean, do you just put a picture together and copy and paste it into a little box or something? I only ask because I have been asked to help design user icons for a website's forums, and am not sure as to how to go about it.

They ask someone like me to make it for them.

;)

And you need to get some Photoshop skills in first. Or at least GIMP.

Go lurk around in the Media Forum.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-30-2008, 05:30 AM
lol I'm still awaiting for my awards.
they will look so good under avatar