PDA

View Full Version : Today.

Gorjira
09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
What is the point in today, if we're not getting the new dashboard? I know its going to help towards it, but is there many facts? What are they doing, that takes a day to..Do what ever it is they do?

Searched, and could not find anything. If someone could link me, I'd appreciate it:)

Just need some light on this subject, I feel like Im sitting in the dark.

SuperNova X2X
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
It's just preperation. It helps with something but I don't know what.

RaidenX49
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah pretty much what SuperNova said, alot of people are saying it's supposed to be preparation for the New Xbox dashboard, somehow getting ready for it. But earlier today when I went to Xbox.com it said something like "Xbox Live is down for maintenence, we will be back up shortly with new Xbox Features" or something like that, not exact wording so don't quote me on it.

SuperNova X2X
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
When I go on Xbox.com, it just says:
Xbox.com and the Xbox LiveŽ service are currently down for maintenance.

VitalHook
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
They're updating something so we can get the new dashboard, but I don't think we get it until Christmas Day.

SuperNova X2X
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I think we'll get it before then. I'm guessing late November, early December.

MaGiCaL MoNKeY MaN
09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Dem bitches better hurry up! I want to play some GH3! (Battle)

J.Waddo
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
I swear down if they do put the new update on on christmas day, wont they have to shut live down? If they do Im gunna be pissed.

JC
09-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Just prep work, nothing more, nothing less. :)

Don't expect any new feature tomorrow...

vI Starlight Iv
09-29-2008, 08:41 PM
building for the future you may have some tweaks but nothing serious

Shadownage
09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
What is the point in today, if we're not getting the new dashboard? I know its going to help towards it, but is there many facts? What are they doing, that takes a day to..Do what ever it is they do?

Searched, and could not find anything. If someone could link me, I'd appreciate it:)

What if they're just BS'ing us and we actually get the new update today?
You never know.....

o0 TommyGuns 0o
09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
What if they're just BS'ing us and we actually get the new update today?
You never know.....
I was thinking the same thing but i really doubt they would ever do that but it would be awsome

SuperNova X2X
09-29-2008, 09:12 PM
We don't know when the update is, so it could be tomorrow. Let's just wait and see...

TheBarnabyJones
09-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, they just call it the 'Fall Update'. December would be winter, so it can't be that late into 2008. Fall is usually taken to be anywhere between late Aug./early Sept. to mid/late Nov. I just hope they have the new updates before Gears of War 2 hits the streets, multi-user private chat ftmfw.

First Spectre
09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I swear down if they do put the new update on on christmas day, wont they have to shut live down? If they do Im gunna be pissed.

Wait a minute. Aren't you from England? Do they have Xmas on England?

CORPSE CRISIS
09-29-2008, 11:20 PM
not saying this is true but i herd that u can upload pictures and put them in ur bio or somthing like that sorce. also probabily just other adjustments to the market place and such.

Mr Stokey G
09-29-2008, 11:22 PM

>>

Of course we do...

Anyway back to topic, i think they are setting up new servers to avoid what happened last time during the holiday season.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-29-2008, 11:37 PM
>>

Of course we do...

Anyway back to topic, i think they are setting up new servers to avoid what happened last time during the holiday season.

what happened last time?

OneWolverine1
09-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I swear they better not take it down another day after this.

Asian47
09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Long story short, Live was pretty much FUBAR last year. Women were weeping, children were screaming, and men gnashing their teeth. If I were to describe to you what happened, you would flee from this room in terror!!!

Thankfully, I had a spoon.....;)

EvilestBean
09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
What you talking bout course we do lmao.

SynysterMonkey
09-29-2008, 11:52 PM

I really don't know what they are doing. The new dashboard and the whole avatar thing looks lame. I do like the idea that achievements unlock new stuff for your avatar *cough* Mii *cough* ahem. Oh BTW I love your gif of Michael Phelps. It made me laugh.

Peace
09-30-2008, 12:18 AM

This is why the world hates us! We didn't invent Christmas! We just invented everything else!

CyanideBreathMint
09-30-2008, 12:21 AM
If this prep update takes a day, then be glad because MS could have incorporated this along with the actual update then where'd be we? I'll take a day's downtime here than two lumped together.

Just my best guess though.

BlaZiN cdn
09-30-2008, 01:40 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I've heard today!

Anyways, I hope the fall update isn't being released tomorrow because I hate the look of the new dashboard, they should keep things the way they are, or atleast give us the option of using whichever dashboard we prefer.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Long story short, Live was pretty much FUBAR last year. Women were weeping, children were screaming, and men gnashing their teeth. If I were to describe to you what happened, you would flee from this room in terror!!!

Thankfully, I had a spoon.....;)

lol you realized i've had xbox live for a few years now
I just can't remember what happened.

Crimson Ridley
09-30-2008, 01:49 AM

It's IN England! And yes we do, we don't get the snow or the christmas spirit, but we get the presents!

KrAzY xJiMmYx
09-30-2008, 02:06 AM

Thats definitely going in my sig:p

Female Ninja
09-30-2008, 02:14 AM
I really don't know what they are doing. The new dashboard and the whole avatar thing looks lame. I do like the idea that achievements unlock new stuff for your avatar *cough* Mii *cough* ahem. Oh BTW I love your gif of Michael Phelps. It made me laugh.

You make it sound like Nintendo didn't rip anyone off either, they didn't invent avatars.

And the dashboard update will be like every other update we have, not downtime. When the new update comes out it will be like when you update a game with a new patch.

TatteredRagDoll
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM

Shouldn't you be spending time with family anyway?

wstussyb
09-30-2008, 03:54 AM
>>

Of course we do...

I noticed in your sig, that you got 10k in 1990
10k - 29/09/1990
15k - ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Do you mind telling me where you got your 360 back in 1990? cuz I really missed out on that. :)

For today, I think the update is to just clear it and add some stuff, so they don't have what they did in the past with live being down and how much complaints they got, remember they had to give us a free game cuz of that.

Falcongale
09-30-2008, 04:08 AM

Would you rather it came up tomorrow with the new dash and then something went wrong and you lose everything you've worked for in your games in an instant? No, you wouldn't. Don't be so fucking thick in the future, the point is they are actually taking their time for once so they dont cock it up - NXE is a big step forward and care seems to have been taken to make sure it goes smoothly. So, on that note, stop questioning them.

Falcongale
09-30-2008, 04:09 AM
Yeah, they just call it the 'Fall Update'. December would be winter, so it can't be that late into 2008. Fall is usually taken to be anywhere between late Aug./early Sept. to mid/late Nov. I just hope they have the new updates before Gears of War 2 hits the streets, multi-user private chat ftmfw.

Fall Update 2007 was in December.

Asian47
09-30-2008, 04:11 AM
lol you realized i've had xbox live for a few years now
I just can't remember what happened.
No, but I still wanted to quote Lewis Black anyway.

YoungFate
09-30-2008, 04:25 AM
We will not know untill it comes back...Maybe a System Update may pop up...It may not

All we can do is wait

LeinboBelmont
09-30-2008, 04:27 AM
As we gear up to bring you the New Xbox Experience, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox LIVE page on Xbox.com will be down for 24 hours, beginning on September 29, 2008 from 12:01 AM PST until 11:59 PM PST. During this time you will not be able to access Xbox LIVE. ) -.- Is what it says, i just hope them shutting it down for two days is worth it if not then i know alot of people will be ticked.

gatorbait
09-30-2008, 04:28 AM
If this prep update takes a day, then be glad because MS could have incorporated this along with the actual update then where'd be we? I'll take a day's downtime here than two lumped together.

Just my best guess though.

This was my thought as well. I'm sure the whole process might have taken a couple of days so I was thinking they might just be laying some of the ground work now and when the update is ready to roll they won't have too many problems getting it up and running.

Falcongale
09-30-2008, 04:35 AM
As we gear up to bring you the New Xbox Experience, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox LIVE page on Xbox.com will be down for 24 hours, beginning on September 29, 2008 from 12:01 AM PST until 11:59 PM PST. During this time you will not be able to access Xbox LIVE. ) -.- Is what it says, i just hope them shutting it down for two days is worth it if not then i know alot of people will be ticked.

Are you thick as well? How is it 2 days? 12:01AM PST was midnight, while everyone should have been asleep and it comes back on 11:59PM PST. a full 24 hours.

And last I checked... 24 hours = 1 day. Or is 11.59PM past your bedtime?

YoungFate
09-30-2008, 04:41 AM
12:01 A.M. - 11:59 P.M.

23 Hours and 58 Minutes

Female Ninja
09-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Are you thick as well? How is it 2 days? 12:01AM PST was midnight, while everyone should have been asleep and it comes back on 11:59PM PST. a full 24 hours.

And last I checked... 24 hours = 1 day. Or is 11.59PM past your bedtime?

Are you thick as well? How is it 24 hours? If it starts at 01 and ends at 59

LeinboBelmont
09-30-2008, 05:27 AM
Actually this came from the main site, so if anyone is thick its that. Cause it started at midnight on the 27th making it the 28 and now it is the 29 and it is still offline. And if you dont believe me here is the proof. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/

vodo316
09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
The problem xbox had at christmas was severe lag due to EVERYONE getting a 360 for Xmas and the servers coudlnt cope with everyone playing at the same time. So we got constantly kicked or really bad lag it was horrible i belive thats the time they gave us the free XBLA game to compensate

v_thorne
09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
The problem xbox had at christmas was severe lag due to EVERYONE getting a 360 for Xmas and the servers coudlnt cope with everyone playing at the same time. So we got constantly kicked or really bad lag it was horrible i belive thats the time they gave us the free XBLA game to compensate

Yeah, a really shit one at that too. Undertow. Pfft.

And I find it really pathetic that a lot of you can't live without Xbox Live for one whole day.

Watch TV, go outside, do homework, catch up on house work, learn to play an instrument. Damn.... who cares if they were a bit late in getting XBL back up.

X Dboi X
09-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Haha I still have Undertow Lmaooo, even though I never played it more then once.