PDA

View Full Version : Recovering before updating?

Absolutionz
09-30-2008, 07:28 AM
So, today when Live was down I played some LEGO Batman and gained 250gs. About..10 minutes ago I was deleting some stuff off my HDD and had a few profiles that I wanted to delete. I accidently deleted the one I had gained all those achievements on. If I go to recover, will I lose all the achievements? And if so, will the game register it to? Like, if I beat a level offline, then loaded the game up, will it still say I beat it?

GoFFe
09-30-2008, 07:33 AM
If you recover it'll collect the data from the last time you were online.

So you won't have the achievements you gained offline, in this case Lego Batman.

I'm not sure if the gamesaves is on your xbox after deleting a profile though...

Absolutionz
09-30-2008, 07:35 AM
If you recover it'll collect the data from the last time you were online.

So you won't have the achievements you gained offline, in this case Lego Batman.

I'm not sure if the gamesaves is on your xbox after deleting a profile though...

I only deleted the profile, not the profile and items. And wow, this sucks. Is there anyway I can update it without recovering? Lol. I'm fucked.

GoFFe
09-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I only deleted the profile, not the profile and items. And wow, this sucks. Is there anyway I can update it without recovering? Lol. I'm fucked. The only way to update is by using your profile, unless you use another xbox live account.

I'm pretty sure you can't go to live without any tag.

Female Ninja
09-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Try signing on to xbox.com first then recover, idk. It's just crazy enough to work. Don't know how but hey!

Absolutionz
09-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Try signing on to xbox.com first then recover, idk. It's just crazy enough to work.

I am signed in, so whenever LIVE comes back I'll check. I doubt it will work. I'm actually really pissed. I spent about..3 hours doing a bunch of side achievements, which I now have to do over.

Female Ninja
09-30-2008, 07:44 AM
I am signed in, so whenever LIVE comes back I'll check. I doubt it will work. I'm actually really pissed. I spent about..3 hours doing a bunch of side achievements, which I now have to do over.

Ir's better than doing nothing, Because you never really know until you try. But you will probably have to do them again.

Absolutionz
09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Ir's better than doing nothing, Because you never really know until you try. But you will probably have to do them again.

Damnit. Oh well. It's what I get for not checking what I'm deleting..before I delete it.

GoFFe
09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm sorry but signing in on live first won't work. As you got the achievements offline there's no way to get them back.

Sucks though.

Female Ninja
09-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry but signing in on live first won't work. As you got the achievements offline there's no way to get them back.

Sucks though.

Yeah seeing in how live is down :p

GoFFe
09-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah seeing in how live is down :p Yeah, that sucks as well.

You know I recovered my GT at a friends house. And now I'll have to wait till live is up. I can't play offline either because my GT is on my friends Xbox. :p