PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty of RB2 ?

Lukhuta
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Hey there! I'm there in France waiting for this great game, and I'm wondering: what is the global difficulty of this one?

I mean : RB was SO easy compared to Guitar hero 3, but had somehow the same level as Guitar hero 2...

Well I'm just wondering if they did it a little harder or the same way.

Well... that's it!

(I've been searching the whole forum to find the answer, but couldn't find it. Hope you wont find a miracle link and say I'm a fag^^)

SebastianSB
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
the gameplay is essentially the same, but there is a larger selection of challenging songs. In RB1 I would only fail Green Grass and High Tides on expert guitar, but in RB2 there's a whole set of songs that I either struggle with or fail on in RB2 expert guitar.

I don't play drums, but from playing with Lucent Beam over Live it looks like there are some pretty tough songs for that, too.

Alas, if you want songs that are overcharted just to make them harder than what makes sense, Neversoft's games are still your carpel tunnel devices of choice.

Lukhuta
09-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Ah thanks for the answer dude! Dont worry, I aint looking for overcharted songs (geez... Ttfaf... wtf was wrong with Neversoft doing such a thing?), I'm just waiting for more songs like GGAHT !

That sounds great then... Just can't wait! Thanks again for the answer^^

Lucent Beam
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree that RB2 is harder than RB1 on guitar in the later sets.

And overall, I've found the drums to get harder much earlier and stay much harder, or at least more complicated. Run to the Hills was the only song that gave me trouble in RB1 but there are a lot more that are a pain in RB2 on drums.

Vocals seem easier on this game, even if you ignore the fact that any sound counts for the talky parts, just overall the vocals seem easier.

SebastianSB
09-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Vocals seem easier on this game, even if you ignore the fact that any sound counts for the talky parts, just overall the vocals seem easier.

Yeah when I tried out expert over Live I didn't have any troubles with Vocals until I hit Spoonman.

fuzzy510
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah when I tried out expert over Live I didn't have any troubles with Vocals until I hit Spoonman.
I'll second that. The only song that gave me any difficulty on Expert vocals was Tangled Up In Blue, which is the single-hardest vocal song in the game, and even that didn't manage to fail me.

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't failed once yet on Expert vocals in RB2. That's not to try and say "look at how awesome I am!", it's just a stark contrast to RB1. I had so much trouble with Foreplay/Long Time, Suffragette City, Mississippi Queen and, to a lesser extent, Welcome Home that I thought that something would trip me up this time.