PDA

View Full Version : Not getting Achievements.

Avantos
10-01-2008, 06:45 AM
So I was playing Mass Effect at a friends house and saved my game to a mem unit and took it home to my xbox. Then I copied the game over to my xbox's hard drive and started playing. Since then I've put easily 10 more hours into the game. There are several achievements I 100% know I should of gotten(For example there is one for getting 1 million game money, I have over 9 million), but I haven't got a single one. Also when I look at my saved game thought the dashboard it does have my ID under, not my friends.

Any ideas on why I'm not getting credit for these achievements?

Thanks

Peace
10-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Just a guess, but maybe it's because xbl is broken... nah, that shouldn't effect achievements you should be getting even if you're offline. But shouldn't isn't the same is wouldn't, is it?

afunk117
10-01-2008, 07:57 AM
this isnt about mass effect but i did Act of Gears of war on Hardcore and then 1 out of 2 achievements i should have goten for that didnt unlock didnt unlock. ( 1 for hardcore and the other for Raam on hardcore) i got the Act 5 hardcore achievement

xRogue 5x
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
It probably has something built in to prevent people from copying a save, taking it home and getting achievements without playing the game.

When you moved the file it activated the protection/disabled achievements...just my theory.

Ruthless
10-01-2008, 09:10 AM
It probably has something built in to prevent people from copying a save, taking it home and getting achievements without playing the game.

When you moved the file it activated the protection/disabled achievements...just my theory.

This is correct, you cannot save on one console and mem unit and transfer to different console and HDD. If this was the case everyone in your street would play a game each then trade the saves, making you a dirty JAPAN TOP GAMERSAVER!!!

Good move by microsoft imo. Next time take your HDD and you will be fine.

Avantos
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Well damn, lesson learned I guess. Just sucks I had to learn it this way. Oh well. Thanks for the help guys

Lucent Beam
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM

This is correct, you cannot save on one console and mem unit and transfer to different console and HDD. If this was the case everyone in your street would play a game each then trade the saves, making you a dirty JAPAN TOP GAMERSAVER!!!

Good move by microsoft imo. Next time take your HDD and you will be fine.

This isn't true.

Achievements only disable if a DIFFERENT profile moves the save. When you move a save for a profile different from yours, it disables achievements on that save file. If you move YOUR OWN save from HD to MU or copy it from one to the other and bring it somewhere else, it does not affect your achievement-gaining ability at all.
You absolutely can move your own profile's save from a HD of a console onto an MU and then move it onto a HD of another console and still have achievements work.

To the OP: Unless a profile that wasn't yours moved the file, your achievements should be unlocking so it's strange that they are not. UNLESS you were playing the game signed in as your friend.. because obviously then the gamertag change would disable achievements.

Mah Weezy
10-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Im having a similar problem. However this has to do with recovering. I was playing the Orange Box and got a few achievements, not a lot prolly close to 15 gamerscore. Now when i did this i was not playing online because i have yet to get my wireless adapter after i moved home from college. I then recovered my account at a friends house to play halo. I thought i could avoid the problem by recovering back onto my HD before i left to make sure my Gamercard was back on my HD so i wouldnt loose any achievements. But come to my surprise i plug my HD back on my Xbox when i return home and bam!! the Orange box achievements are gone. This has happened with Ninja Gaiden as well, and my brother has had similar problems on his XBox, whats worse is i went to get the acheivements again, something as simple as "Get the gravity gun" and when i do no bubble appears and it seems that they are lost forever. Any advice/tips as to whats going on? please let me know!!!

Pashos
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Im having a similar problem. However this has to do with recovering. I was playing the Orange Box and got a few achievements, not a lot prolly close to 15 gamerscore. Now when i did this i was not playing online because i have yet to get my wireless adapter after i moved home from college. I then recovered my account at a friends house to play halo. I thought i could avoid the problem by recovering back onto my HD before i left to make sure my Gamercard was back on my HD so i wouldnt loose any achievements. But come to my surprise i plug my HD back on my Xbox when i return home and bam!! the Orange box achievements are gone. This has happened with Ninja Gaiden as well, and my brother has had similar problems on his XBox, whats worse is i went to get the acheivements again, something as simple as "Get the gravity gun" and when i do no bubble appears and it seems that they are lost forever. Any advice/tips as to whats going on? please let me know!!!

When you get an achievement offline and then recover your profile, all of your offline achievements go away no matter what.

Mah Weezy
10-09-2008, 02:34 AM
so pretty much, dont play offline if you plan on going online again?