10-01-2008, 07:40 AM
what would you rather have . which is better

EnterTheFray
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM
xbox 360 atm, but if the dashboard makes it look like a bloody wii , ps3 ftw

Peace
10-01-2008, 07:58 AM
xbox 360 atm, but if the dashboard makes it look like a bloody wii , ps3 ftw

Hate to break it to you, but the PS3 is getting avatars next month... We're fucked!

JayToukon
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Meh - PS3 catalogue sucks compared to the x360 catalogue anyway, and who cares about avatars?

X360 ftw!

afunk117
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Hate to break it to you, but the PS3 is getting avatars next month... We're fucked!

whats an avatar? that question probably makes me look lie a retard but i want to know what it is

xRogue 5x
10-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Not this again....console wars and raging fanboyism need to die off. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. No console is "better" than the other just different.

scud1888
10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Not this again....console wars and raging fanboyism need to die off. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. No console is "better" than the other just different.

That sounds like common sense and reason....GET HIM!:grab

v_thorne
10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
If you're not happy with X-Box then geeeeeeet out :p

I've had all 3 consoles. An original 40 GB PS3 but it kept erasing my save data. Plus the lack of achievements at the time just made it pointless for me. I beat R:FOM and didn't touch it again. So I sold it. But I did like the dashboard interface, and I'll probably pick another one up sometime next year.

As for now, I prefer the 360. If I do get a PS3 next year, I'll get it only for the PS3 exclusive titles and everything else will be played on my Xbox.

But seriously, everyone needs to quit whinning about avatars. If you don't like them then just don't use them. But I can almost guarentee you that every one of you whiners will customize and play with your avatar once it comes out, regardless.

And the Wii avatars look a hell of a lot more stupid than these. At least they don't look like legomen.

Ryot Control
10-01-2008, 09:18 AM
I solved that problem and achieved the next gen perfecta. I have all three. Console exclusive my ass!

Also, not really a question to ask in such a biased community, don't you think?

afunk117
10-01-2008, 09:25 AM

if everyone had that aditude then there would probably only be one game console company. its an industry,they make something to compete with the other companies and they do the exact same thing. this industry is always chasing something new. that statements probably true.

EnterTheFray
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
whats an avatar? that question probably makes me look lie a retard but i want to know what it is
YouTube - Xbox 360 Avatars (E3 Trailer)

Peace
10-02-2008, 03:03 AM
Woah! Slow down! I'd hardly consider pointing out to EnterTheFray that xbox isn't the only console turning kiddie a flame war! Easy...

badgerodoom
10-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Here's my view on the whole avatar mess: Its good because it will promote the community aspect outside of games, where people usually just stick to playing a game online that they like. Its bad because they are going to make us buy accessories for these avatars if we want them to look the way we want. It's also bad because the integration of avatars into some games will take away from the experience. I don't wanna see some little badgerodoom shooting at nazis or locusts. or even playing major league baseball. seriously. thats why i chose a xbox over a wii.

EnterTheFray
10-02-2008, 04:02 AM
Woah! Slow down! I'd hardly consider pointing out to EnterTheFray that xbox isn't the only console turning kiddie a flame war! Easy...
?? i just answered the dudes question?? i found a video that i thought best described the new xbox 360 avatars and posted it. wasnt anything more then answering the dudes question.

SkaKid25
10-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Hold on, the avatars will be characters in games? I'm confused. The guy in the video said they will appear in the games...what does that mean?

Peace
10-02-2008, 05:32 AM
?? i just answered the dudes question??.

Not that... Above that when you said you're gonna get a ps3 if the update makes the 360 look like a wii. I replied that the ps3 is getting avatars this month as well... Somehow this started a mini console war. But then again this topic cries flame war, so even if I had said ice cream is good it could have digressed into flame wars just the same... I was trying to put the brakes on a bit.

Hold on, the avatars will be characters in games? I'm confused. The guy in the video said they will appear in the games...what does that mean?

Yeah, apparently there will be some in game support in future titles as well as being in your profile. I think I'm the only one who actually thinks that the interface is currently a bit clunky and in need of change. I hate having to back out of chat to listen to voicemail and then having to go through more menus to rejoin chat. Let's face it, the current system isn't perfect.

o0 TommyGuns 0o
10-02-2008, 06:48 AM
for me i choose the 360 just for the fact im addicted to achievements and games without achievements arent near as addicting

afunk117
10-02-2008, 07:21 AM
i wasnt really paying attention in the video because i saw that they were like the Wii Mii shit. at the end of the day, who gives a fuck. if they put it in games though its going to get annoying seeing someones Avatar taking down a bunch of Locust or the covenant. or playing Basketball. LOL. but that would take the story out of games. the way the players connect to the character, and all that shit. plus arnt the Gamertags like a Avatar except its the name not the little cartoon guy.
Also thanks for the video

Tiberian
10-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Posting this on an Xbox 360 Achievement site is kind of.. duh.

Every console now has reasons to be bought. An Xbox 360 has things a PS3 does not and likewise a PS3 has things Xbox 360 does not. Most gamers should aim to own all 3 in my opinion.

The only console i dislike this generation is the Wii. Own it and was very disappointed with the games. I think i only own like 3.

v SnOwMaN v
10-02-2008, 08:01 AM
These type of threads always fail and a flame war breaks out.

But if I had to pick.........I would pick both. I am a fan of the PS series and Xbox.

aoftailz
10-02-2008, 10:23 AM
PS3 sux, Xbox360 FTW :D

scarface
10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I tend to like my PS3 a little more. I brought it mainly for the games that are PS3 exclusive. 'tis nice and quiet as well.

SKIBADABOMSKI
10-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Wii

Great for family entertainment (the whole family playing together with big smiles) Kids here in Japan are mad for the Wii

PS3

Great for just showing off ATM but if you like to just play games like once a week or when ever then it's the ideal console

XBOX 360

Gamers who like to play everyday and like to play online everyday collecting heaps of achievements ATM....

My wife has a Wii ( Yoga and simple games )
My mate has a PS3 ... likes to play a game finish it then sell it. once a month
Me... am the sick puppy who is devoted and loves the XBOX 360. I play everyday and i think the X-BOX 360 is a fucking revolution.

Incidentally most shops that sell games make most of there money from PS2 games...ATM.

PunksNotDead2k8
10-16-2008, 04:50 PM
probably ps3. im not being a dick. but xbox 360 is very expensive cause you need to pay 50$ a year to play online. sorry i love xbox 360 but xbox 360 is expensive rather than ps3. its just my opinion.

stephenmilne27
10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
I prefer the 360 personally, don't like the ps3 controller.

Kwyjibo3637
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I like both of them.

I used to be all about the xbox fanboy thing..but not anymore..who cares what company sells the console..they all have great games..

dm master
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Well then im gona give my fanboy oppinion :)

PS3 SUCKS XBOX RULES

Now real

XBOX rules, PS3 dosent have enuf gaves and so isnt very gd.

Keano
10-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I have all three and I don't really have a favourite although I'm not to keen on the wii. Basically, I bought the wi because I expected to play it with my brother a lot but we never play together. The wii is just rubbish if you're playing alone. I think the PS3 and Xbox 360 are about equal. They both have flaws and strenghts but I like them about the same.

ITS OVER 9000
10-16-2008, 08:12 PM
im guessing it will be a bit bias due to the nature of the site, would be the same if you went to the thophies forum and asked this. anyway i have played the PS3 and when i felt the contoller i thought i was going to break it if i held it too hard. once the avatars come all hell will beak loose

mikeh88
10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
I like them both, but if I had to choose I'll prob go with 360 since there's more games to play but then again PS3 has MGS4 and GT5.