PDA

View Full Version : Custom Elite messenger kit

Scurvy Curr
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I got my hands on some vinyl fabric paint and decided to make my chat pad match my black controller. It turned out perfect! I played for a few hours to test out the paints durability vs. my sweaty salty hands and not a mark! I tried this a while ago with some plastic model paint and it = FAIL. I highly recommend this to anyone. It took me about 10 minutes with 3 coats of paint.

b3nnyth3gr33k
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
thats pretty sweet i need a one

Y0UNGERKILLER
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
thats cool my have to try this some day lol

SKIBADABOMSKI
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Nifty ...... You should paint loads up and sell on E-Bay .... I would buy one.

Jdm
10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I got my hands on some vinyl fabric paint and decided to make my chat pad match my black controller. It turned out perfect! I played for a few hours to test out the paints durability vs. my sweaty salty hands and not a mark! I tried this a while ago with some plastic model paint and it = FAIL. I highly recommend this to anyone. It took me about 10 minutes with 3 coats of paint.

That's awesome!

Make me one and I'll pay you for it.;)

DJbruce
10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Nifty ...... You should paint loads up and sell on E-Bay .... I would buy one. Yeah I havent got one but I dont like to mess around with paint. But I'd pay for someone else to do it :p.

Scurvy Curr
10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Nifty ...... You should paint loads up and sell on E-Bay .... I would buy one.

well i put one on ebay today...if someone buys it then I might get some more and start painting them up. I still have quite a bit of paint left in my garage.

Just out of curiosity what does anyone think is a fair price to ask for one of these?

DJbruce
10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
well i put one on ebay today...if someone buys it then I might get some more and start painting them up. I still have quite a bit of paint left in my garage.

Just out of curiosity what does anyone think is a fair price to ask for one of these? I'd pay anything between 20-30 since they retail for 25.

SKIBADABOMSKI
10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah I havent got one but I dont like to mess around with paint. But I'd pay for someone else to do it :p.

Exactly !! That's why they would sell.

He could buy cheap x-box's and turn them into Elite's LOL...

Scurvy Curr
10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I'd pay anything between 20-30 since they retail for 25.

when i see 25 my mind thinks like $30 or $35 ....i was way off! Its $42!!
You guys and your valuable Euro!!! The U.S. economy is going to shite!!!

JC
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
So is ours and the rest of the worlds. :(

Looks sick man, really matches the colour of the controller. :D

Genesis x360a
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
He man thats a nice peice of kit my friend has painted a couple of chat pads and wireless mics to go with the elite controller and he sells them on ebay.

InkedUp
10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
That looks awesome. I need one of those, sick of using the white controller because the messenger kit looks like crap attached to the black controller

Pheonix_Assassin
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
wow that is pretty cool lol bet that took you ages

PunksNotDead2k8
10-16-2008, 04:52 PM
awesome.. its very neat.. very awesome.

rrapp00
10-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Looks awesome!! Question though how did you avoid painting the buttons? Like what did you use to cover them? Or did you just cover the whole chatpad face as in the entire grey area?

Nerdz0r
10-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Great idea about paint the xboxs black LOL

Havoc RedCell
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Thats pretty impressive. I was actually going to try to paint my xbox some random color because plain white is getting really boring lol.
And I can't afford to buy an elite just for the black look (and the HDMI connection, fucking 1st gen 360s)
and case mods run about 50 dollars for a nice looking one so thats also out of the question until I buy the games I want =P

Steve50013
10-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Why buy an xbox remote "keyboard" just buy a USB keyboard... Works just fine.

Parkerktm
10-16-2008, 09:15 PM
That looks awesome man, I'd certainly buy one, if i had a black controller.....

I still don't understand why MS has not released a black messenger kit, they have black controllers, black mics, black consoles, but instead of a black chat pad they find the need to release red, pink, and light blue controllers for all the softies out their. ;)

MyAbsolution
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Fantastic job man! It does kinda bother me that we arent seeing the black accessories (WTF MS?)

I actually plan on doing the same thing for my HD DVD player. It would look sexy in black, no? :P

oI eNvY P Io
10-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Looks awesome!! Question though how did you avoid painting the buttons? Like what did you use to cover them? Or did you just cover the whole chatpad face as in the entire grey area?

Probably took it apart and sprayed it. Same way you would do a controller. The button pop out after the back is taken off.

The chatpad looks great BTW.

Ketchup Killer
10-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Looks great. Good job.

FourChan
10-17-2008, 03:39 AM
I have to get some paint like that and do some custom color controllers, I mean, who wouldn't want a green or orange controller?

Ruthless
10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah it looks great but ive got 3 white consoles and 4 white controllers so its no good to me!!!! Im seriously thinking of trading my console in soon and getting an elite, wonder how much they would give for it at gamesation!!!

Taker447
10-17-2008, 03:24 PM
that looks amazing. *runs to the shops to get some paint" Also like some people have already said you should do some and slel them on Ebay. theres deffintly a market in it.

Chaosflare
10-17-2008, 03:28 PM
You did an awesome job!

I'm just stuck using my USB Keyboard. >>;

J.Waddo
10-17-2008, 03:44 PM
That looks sweet!
I'd totally buy one if you did put them on ebay, I was thinking of getting a normal one for my Black controller, but It'd look stupid, and I hate sending long messages using my controller. Bring on the Ebay!

Simzo
10-31-2008, 08:57 PM
That looks so unbelievably real, you must have some skill not getting any paint on the buttons..

Nerdz0r
10-31-2008, 09:48 PM
That looks so unbelievably real, you must have some skill not getting any paint on the buttons..

You can take the casing off. :P

Simzo
10-31-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm about to mod my xbox controller so.. that should be interesting..

Scurvy Curr
05-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I am going to be making another batch of these in the next week and putting them up on ebay, I will post in the ebay/trading forum when they are complete. Ive used mine for almost a year now and there are no issues.

Jethrow
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
thats pretty nice man. i cant believe they dont have any of them in the store. As far as the price, shit, take the price of it retail and add 10 15 bucks to it. I dunno, just realize that people will pay stupid prices for certain things, and if they want their setup all black you set the price and they'll come for it. good job

IISYNII Raid3n
05-18-2009, 05:36 PM
For prices start with the retail and work from there. If you sell it at the retail price try moving it up like 5 or 10 bucks and keep doing that until you get a price that nets you profit

ChrisDeston
05-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Excellent job man. I'm not that arsed that mines a different colour but that looks perfect. Seriously. I'd get 'em up on eBay for about 25quid a pop. Especially since you'll have an abundance of headsets spare/to sell separately and make up the money you spent on paint :)

And
Exactly !! That's why they would sell.

He could buy cheap x-box's and turn them into Elite's LOL...

Lmfao. Nice :)

CyanideBreathMint
05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
This guys talks a LOT of nonsense and needs to learn how to use his video camera but it looks like a really simple thing to do. I'll try this in my spare time and toss up some pics when I'm done too. Looks fun. I did this to my fat boy original Xbox with painting the side grills.

Anywho, here's a video. Is this basically what you've done Scurvy?:

YouTube - r3set.com - Xbox 360 Chatpad Paint Mod

Revolver
05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Just out of curiosity what does anyone think is a fair price to ask for one of these?

That's very good work, it looks as if MS manufactures them right from the factory.:)

Anywyas, in terms of price I'd say just add $10 to the retail price for the paint job.
That'd be something I'd pay for.

Kairi
05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
AWesome!!!
You should paint more colors and maybe even paint controllers. That would be awesome. Would be a good profit too.

A Meat Pie
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Dude, those Elite messenger kits are nice! And, they're good quality too.

helta_skelta
05-19-2009, 09:57 AM
can you use a mic with that in?

Tussell
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Looks great! I would have gotten paint all over the buttons and it would have just looked terrible if I did it!

Also, lovely avatar! :)

Deadly Moves
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Good job Scurvy Curr.
I sprayed a couple of Gamecube controller a few years back and they looked awesome. Infact i still may have the paint and could do same with my chat pad.
I'm about to mod my xbox controller so.. that should be interesting..
same here.. i'm changing the green LED's for the 'guide' button. so i'll have a red controller with red lights.. its gonna look awesome!
I'm just waiting for the torx screwdriver set i bought from ebay to come in the post and then im set.

xl RETRO
05-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Very good job there, not that i'd attempt it myself xD

Scurvy Curr
05-20-2009, 04:48 PM
can you use a mic with that in?
Yeah there is a mic that comes with it that has a different connection than the standard one. Its basically the same mic though.

Scurvy Curr
05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
This guys talks a LOT of nonsense and needs to learn how to use his video camera but it looks like a really simple thing to do. I'll try this in my spare time and toss up some pics when I'm done too. Looks fun. I did this to my fat boy original Xbox with painting the side grills.

Anywho, here's a video. Is this basically what you've done Scurvy?:

YouTube - r3set.com - Xbox 360 Chatpad Paint Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYQIYv4fzY)

Im at work and Youtube is blocked so I cant watch it right now, basically i just took it apart entirely, cleaned the white parts, peeled the stickers off and painted them. I let them dry for a day under some fans, put the stickers back on and screw them all back together.

I put 5 of these on ebay last summer for $35 each and they sold right away...(ive seen people trying to sell them on ebay for $57!! That is way too high but I may add a few more dollars to the price this time around. They are almost all back together and I will make a post in the ebay/trading forum soon. I have 10 of them this time.

DAYTONAMIKE
05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I might try this on my wireless headset.

MaL
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I had a buddy a little while ago that did this to my quick charge kit, wireless headset, messenger kit, my 360 remote, and all 4 of my controllers. He did a stellar job.. I'll try to get some pictures up. The quick charge kit looks the coolest.

Martinnn
05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
That look Swweet!

I think you have a Business on your hands there my friends :D

I defintly buy one!

Scurvy Curr
05-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I had a buddy a little while ago that did this to my quick charge kit, wireless headset, messenger kit, my 360 remote, and all 4 of my controllers. He did a stellar job.. I'll try to get some pictures up. The quick charge kit looks the coolest.

Awesome I would like to see those. I never thought about painting my charge kit. I tried to do the webcam but the light ring doesnt come off and it was too hard to paint it without getting some on the ring.

Scurvy Curr
05-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok they are done!! I am putting them on ebay shortly and will post a link in the ebay thread.

JC
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Ok they are done!! I am putting them on ebay shortly and will post a link in the ebay thread.

Awesome! I am going to buy one.

Pheonix_Assassin
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
So loads of spray paint XD

Scurvy Curr
05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
So loads of spray paint XD

no...spray paint will rub off after a few days. This is 2 coats of vinyl paint.

A ZombieTwinkie
05-22-2009, 07:22 AM
thats pretty freekin cool man. i was actually contemplating on doing that to my chatpad, since Ive got a green controller, and I dont like the whole, green/white/gray thing goin on. so i was thinkin all green or green/black. now i know what kinda paint would work best.