PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else?

Smithaveli
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
So im chillin out playing a game, whether its online ro not im always connected to live. but for some weird ass unexplained reason, Xbox Live disconnects, and won't reconnect for roughly 15-20 minutes. Now, what I'm not understanding is that there are four computers in my house. So, why is it that my Xbox will lose connection and refuse tor econnect, but yet all of my computers are stillin running the internet just fine?

Countless times I'll do a test connection thing, and it says confirmed on everything but Xbox Live comes up failed. Why? The only explaination I get from XBL Customer Supper is that my membership information must nto be up to date.. well WTF, I was JUST playing with it 5 seconds ago, and without me changing anything, it's no longer up to date? Furhtermore, without me changing anything, 15-20 minutes later its back up to date? It all makes no sense, and I'm really starting to feel hosed. If I'm paying them, theres no reason for them to randomly kick me off and say no, you can't get back on till we decide you're allowed to.

InkedUp
10-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Xbox live is having some problems since last night. Not exactly sure what it is, but if you look in the forums, I believe there are two threads that will offer you more of an explanation.

Smithaveli
10-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, It's good to know that today and yesterday were because of the maintenance, but this used to happened well before the whole sept 29 debacle. it hadnt happened in a while, but just a while ago it would connect me for like 15 seconds, then isntantly disconnect me and not let me back on for about 20 minutes,, just to be disconnected yet again after 15 seconds.

Crystic
10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
This is happening to me as well. I can't seem to get on and when I test my connection it tells me that Xbox Live has failed. I know my information is up to date and my connection works fine with my computer so what the fuck!? I pay Miscrosoft loads of money for this? This aggravates me so much. You know what? I think the connection test is right; Xbox Live FAILS!

Peace
10-02-2008, 03:00 AM
I pay Miscrosoft loads of money for this?

I'm not one to defend Microsoft, but "loads of money?" Huh? It's like a cheeseburger a month! Nonetheless, we are paying money for a broken service... just not exactly "loads of money."

Smithaveli
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Uhm.. yeah if a cheeseburger costs 9 bucks?

Thats nine DOUBLE cheeseburgers my friend.. hardly one >>

Peace
10-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Uhm.. yeah if a cheeseburger costs 9 bucks?

Thats nine DOUBLE cheeseburgers my friend.. hardly one >>

Depends on where you buy your cheeseburger, but since when is xbl $9? If you buy a 13 month card for $50, then $50/13=$3.85! Of course, if you go month to month it's $7.99/month. In no case is it $9, but still... If $9 per month is what you consider "loads of money" then you're in trouble! But let's not argue over the price - I think we can all agree that we're paying for a broken service, and that's just wrong at any price.

AntiMacro
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I've never had it drop me from a game, it only seems to drop when the connection is 'idle' - but I've never been unable to immediately reconnect.

D3adcell86
10-03-2008, 03:31 AM
So me and my girlfriend both have a 360, she got hers back from RROD yesterday, we hooked it up and now it's discconecting us at random times, then we can just sign back in real quick but it's annoying. Wondering if this is happening to anyone else becuase of the maintenance with live, or if they just sent her a 360 with a fucked up NIC.

Raven1709
10-03-2008, 10:16 AM
If the problem occurs after the 29th, it's most probably XBL.

Mine keeps singing off from time to time, but really that much.

And yes we pay money for it, so at least what they can do it make it work properly. The amount you pay for it shouldn't be an issue.

Smithaveli
10-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I thought it was 8.99, not 7.99, my badness.

So my bad, 8 DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS, not 9 :P

Jim Ignatowski
10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought it was 8.99, not 7.99, my badness.

So my bad, 8 DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS, not 9 :P

Regardless, thats 8 or 9 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds. So now your talking an extra 5-6$ for the warehouse size bottle of Pepto Bismol you are going to need after eating that many Mickey D burgers....

Smithaveli
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Nah, 8 Burgers over the course of a month, remember? not all at once :D

Still funny, though.

OR BETTER YET, 8 double stackers from Wendys.. those are good.

wammy71
10-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not one to defend Microsoft, but "loads of money?" Huh? It's like a cheeseburger a month! Nonetheless, we are paying money for a broken service... just not exactly "loads of money."

I'm sorry but how is XBL a broken service it works just fine. :confused:

MyAbsolution
10-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I had the same problem , albeit it was over a year ago.

Somehow my routers settings werent correct, and sometimes I would get booted off XBL for roughly 10-15 minutes.

I can't even recall what the issue was, but it might be best to take a browse on the official xbox.com support forums, people there tend to be helpful and knowledgeable with these things.

Deadly Moves
10-03-2008, 11:57 PM
So me and my girlfriend both have a 360, she got hers back from RROD yesterday, we hooked it up and now it's discconecting us at random times, then we can just sign back in real quick but it's annoying. Wondering if this is happening to anyone else becuase of the maintenance with live, or if they just sent her a 360 with a fucked up NIC.
Ever since the 29th my bro has been having the same problems...
keeps signing him out. and he cant sign back in straight away, has to wait a while

I dont have that problem, mines is different..
Ever since the 29th i cant play online. I can join or host any type of game of anything from Duke Nukem to GOW :mad:
i can connect xbl fine. and stay signed in. But everything runs at a snails pace, just trying to compare a friends achievements takes several minutes :mad:

I really want my xbl to go back to how it used to be.. i wonna play FIFA09 online!