PDA

View Full Version : Worse racing game ever!

DeafSunchaser
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
thank god i rented this!

i have played a lot of racing games over the years on ps1 ps2 PC xbox also x360
i have to say this is the worse ever racing game so very unrealistic!

the Ai cars are the worse i have ever seen,

i guess some guys will like this!

jeffy777
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, the AI could be improved, but it's not that bad. I've seen worse. Atleast the AI is aggressive and not totally retarded like some racing games I've played.

OzzieDreamer
10-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I have this in my queue on gamefly. Just read in the latest issue of Scoreboard:
http://www.oxmonline.com/article/features/scoreboard/scoreboard-19
that it takes a LONG time to get gs points from this one.

What do you mean when you say it's unrealistic? The physics? If it is an arcade style racer, it will perform a lot differently than something like Gran Turismo. I like racing games, especially ones that allow you to unlock things, like the Burnout series and Need for Speed. What other racers would you compare this to?

ONEBADJEEP
10-02-2008, 01:58 AM
I would compare it to MX vs. ATV Untamed. Just substitute the bikes and quads for trophy trucks and buggies.

IMAMEX
10-02-2008, 06:57 AM
It's a pretty good game. I don't see where all the hate is coming from. As far as the graphics go, they're a bit sup-par but the game overall is fun as hell to play.

Darth Cuda
10-02-2008, 07:34 AM
It's a pretty good game. I don't see where all the hate is coming from. As far as the graphics go, they're a bit sup-par but the game overall is fun as hell to play.

I couldn't have said it better.:whs

Suki
10-02-2008, 07:39 AM
This game is a funny one, i just finished pure (800gs) and loved it and went onto this i put it on the first race of baja career and laughed out loud at how poor i thought it was, crap graphics,crap gameplay and tough as hell however i carried on and now have a game time of over 7 hours in career and its great im really enjoying this, it takes some getting used to but when u do its a very challenging / rewarding racer, i just did a 15 minute mountain side rally and the graphics/vistas were awesome so much going on and not an ounce of slow down. sometime games can grab u in the first 5 minutes like pure but under the gloss they dont have much to offer but some games u have to do a little digging to get to the heart of the game but when u do its worth it, baja is a really good game, massive single player, lots of tracks and modes of racing highly recommended. i would say though if u r not a racing fan u will not like this as it is pretty hardcore and very close racing, i am not american and have no interest in truck racing, my passion is F1 so this is not a biased opinion towards truck racing FYI.

Tailz
10-02-2008, 08:09 AM
It's hard but challenging.

vultu
10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I agree this game take the place of Nascar 2008 I thought that the worst racing game that has already played. :D

greg
10-03-2008, 06:48 AM
It's a pretty good game. I don't see where all the hate is coming from. As far as the graphics go, they're a bit sup-par but the game overall is fun as hell to play. amen 2 that.....but if u planning on winning take it slow and learn how to "drift" into corners...it took me about 2 hrs to get used to steering...driving its really similar to uphill races in DIRT...so if u liked those you gonna like this game ...if not well ...maybe its a time to wait 4 a new NFS to play racing games then....:)

master_shake_350
10-04-2008, 05:11 PM
God dam this game is pissing me off! I thought it would be great!

This game really disappointed me!

Mellar
10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
To the people who like the game, would you compare this to Colin McRae DiRT?? Since I love the WRC (World Rally Championship) and have been watching the Baja for a year or so, I would like to pick this up.

Thanks in advance

Suki
10-05-2008, 11:20 AM
this game is more like the american version of colin mcrae but not 'dirt' more like one from a few years ago.

Mellar
10-05-2008, 05:01 PM
this game is more like the american version of colin mcrae but not 'dirt' more like one from a few years ago.

Ok, cheers :) I'll pick this up soon :)

thedave
10-13-2008, 06:52 PM
It's a pretty good game. I don't see where all the hate is coming from. As far as the graphics go, they're a bit sup-par but the game overall is fun as hell to play. :whs

I can't stop playing this game.
It's awesome!

Although, I am probably have a little bias, since I have gone to (& seen) so many of the locations & cars that are all modeled in this game.
Not to mention personally meeting sooo many people (drivers) who do this kind of racing in real life. And who's cars are in this game.

For me it is just fun as hell!
But yes, the AI could be a bit better, as well as a couple other things (grafx), but really this is soooooooooooo far from the "worst racing game ever".
Really. Maybe you need to play some other racing games...

Darth Cuda
10-15-2008, 04:20 AM
I agree this game take the place of Nascar 2008 I thought that the worst racing game that has already played. :D

can someone get me an interpreter?

Suki
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
After racking up around 40 hrs and getting 100% on this and over 900 gps i would say this is actually one of the best racing games i have played the upgrades and tuning are a waste of time but the racing itself is great as are the tracks.

master_shake_350
10-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Now that I have raced the BAJA 250 with a Trophy Truck, now I can see what people mean.

This game isn't to bad after all!

mightymouse2715
10-20-2008, 02:30 AM
this is such a good game i like everything about it. It is fun racing and if you get bored you can just go and drive around in free ride.

Barad
11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Is this game really that bad as most people r sayin?

HacksawDoomx187
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I use gamefly and I'm getting tired of crappy easy 1000s. So is this actually worth a rental or not? I want to rent something thats entertaining and the majority of the achievements are attainable. If it helps at all, I hated Mx vs Atv Untamed and Pure.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/hacksawdoomx187.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/hacksawdoomx187)

marcofarlio
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
People who say its bad are just bad at the game. Anyway ply the game for fun and worry about achievements later on.

SpyTip
05-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes i agree this game is bad. makes hotwheels looks like a A+ game in my opinion

Speed OD
06-12-2009, 03:44 AM
this cant be the WORSE racing game ever
look at the all racing games ever made i think even ridge racer 6 on the 360 was worse

theking380
07-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Thats because the same people that made mx v. atv made this game

SzilardUK
09-08-2009, 02:57 PM
This game can be very annoying sometimes but it is not bad at all. Definitely not the worst one by any means.

The AI – or as I sometimes call, the AU – gets really bad (some would say harder) towards the end of the game and makes it a pain to finish the career mode but after you had finished it, riding any track in an OpenWheel is really fun.

If you can step over your frustration you feel sometimes the game proves to be surprisingly good.

bwfcskillsinhd
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
yes id say so