PDA

View Full Version : REALISTIC DLC Wishlist

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mad World
10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I know that there was a DLC Wishlist in the Rock Band forums, but since we have a new game, I figure some new musical tastes have been found by many people, myself included, so I think an updated list is in order.

By 'realistic,' I mean, not impossible, obviously. Artists that most likely will not have any future content in Rock Band are Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, and Van Halen, because of exclusivity with Guitar Hero. Prince is also unlikely. And, as always, Led Zeppelin is not going to happen.

Edit: After some 50 posts, I've come up with quite a wishlist, in order of appearance in this thread:

Queen, Guns N' Roses (Appetite For Destruction), Blue Oyster Cult, The Killers, The Police, Allman Brothers Band, Bad Company, Jethro Tull, Rush, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cream, Deep Purple, The Clash, David Bowie, Nirvana, The Guess Who, Soundgarden, Procol Harum, Derek and the Dominos, Radiohead, Simple Minds, Bob Seger, David Gilmour, MGMT, more southern rock in general, and the hits of GH2.

Theluckylefty26
10-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I want some Sublime DLC
I saw they have "Santeria" in GH:WT

Inhale3xhale
10-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I no longer believe Tool is a farfetched idea. Like the Who "Best Of", I could see that being a good Tool DLC. Songs like Lateralus, Schism, Sober, Jimmy, Aenima, Vicarious, The Pot, and more. Gets me excited just thinking of that band. Also, they should revisit some GH2 songs. I'd love Free Bird again. And they had Atreyu, they had Maylene and The Sons Of Disaster, and Soilwork. I'd love ALL of those bands to be on here. What about Chevelle or Three Days Grace? All great bands with fast, slow, heavy, soft, technical, and simple songs. All great to jam to and fun to listen to. I would love to just import my iTunes library. I'd die at that point.

MinPinz
10-02-2008, 02:33 AM
I completely agree with your ideas for the best of Queen pack, the Blue Oyster Cult track pack, and the Appetite for Destruction album.

I'd also love a Dire Straits track pack, the entire Hotel California album (I don't think the Eagles are GH exclusive), and some Scorpians tracks (other than Hurricane--I'm sick of songs repeated between franchises).

Oh, and I'd also love them to release my favorite Freezepop song, Do You Like My Wang? ;)

lucas1987
10-02-2008, 02:39 AM
I really believe that if Linkin' Park can put a song on here, so should Staind or Nickelback. A trackpack from them would be nice.

Smurfquake
10-02-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm hoping for some more System of a Down (Aerials, Sugar, Question, Prison Song, Hypnotize, and Vicinty of Obsenity would all be fun. The last one would be an awesome goof around song, and might turn out to be a lot of singer's favorite). Maybe Paradise City by GNR. More Dream Theater? Maybe Lacuna Coil and Linkin Park? Hmm, or some bands not yet released I'd really like in there like Seether/Cold/Rammstein (that last one is a HUGE wish of mine, which might be a Loooooooong time in coming...not giving up though!).

Mad World
10-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Also, they should revisit some GH2 songs. I'd love Free Bird again. I would love to just import my iTunes library. I'd die at that point.

that would be amazing if you could import iTunes. amazing, yet impossible. sad.

but i agree with the Free Bird thing 100% as well. i was going to list the song, but i wanted to stick with my "track pack" thing. i can't remember GH2 off the top of my head, but i know there was some good ones on there, like JESSICA, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Woman, off the top of my head...

Inhale3xhale
10-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Ah, the last 2 posts are great! Good SOAD, good Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory, mayyyybe Meteora), some of the early Nickelback, more Dream Theater (I'm thinkin' Never Enough, The Dark Eternal Night, shoot, all of Octivarium. The whole Redeemer CD by Seether, and for sure the Guns 'N' Roses Greatest Hits. November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child Of Mine...gahhhh I wish I worked for Harmonix. And more of Afi's Sing the Sorrow, that was a fantastic CD. I want to stop but I can't, I just can't. I think we should all form a group and bombard Harmonix in song emails with the same songs, that way we can have a higher chance of getting them? They have an open suggestion area...what do you guys think?

Sorry, I know its supposed to be packs, I just wish too much. Good idea though MadWorld.

birdshake
10-02-2008, 03:09 AM
More Nine Inch Nails or more Radiohead. That's the only DLC I would be willing to put money into.

Colonel Muffinz
10-02-2008, 03:10 AM
This game needs moar Phil Collins.

Smurfquake
10-02-2008, 03:37 AM
Ah, the last 2 posts are great! Good SOAD, good Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory, mayyyybe Meteora), some of the early Nickelback, more Dream Theater (I'm thinkin' Never Enough, The Dark Eternal Night, shoot, all of Octivarium. The whole Redeemer CD by Seether, and for sure the Guns 'N' Roses Greatest Hits. November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child Of Mine...gahhhh I wish I worked for Harmonix. And more of Afi's Sing the Sorrow, that was a fantastic CD. I want to stop but I can't, I just can't. I think we should all form a group and bombard Harmonix in song emails with the same songs, that way we can have a higher chance of getting them? They have an open suggestion area...what do you guys think?

Sorry, I know its supposed to be packs, I just wish too much. Good idea though MadWorld.
Breaking the Habit would be amazingly fun, their only new song I like is What I've Done (which is coincidentally on GH4, yay!). Most of their songs on Hybrid Theory are fun to sing (of course), and to play. If they had an entire album by SOAD available for DL I'd do it in a heartbeat. Got Constant Motion from DT today, awesome song, I tend to play bass on Theater songs, just 'cause John Myung is that frickin awesome, and it's another great line. Still like Panic Attack's more though... More Foo Fighters would never be bad either! And thankfully we do know that they will release 'Colour and the Shape', which has Monkey Wrench! Remedy and Gasoline are good songs by Seether. Cold wrote the cover song for Psi Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy on the original Xbox (it's called With my Mind), Stupid Girl is a good song by them to. The lead sings reminds me a lot of Disturbed's lead singer toned down a little.

Paradise City is the song by GNR that I really want that they haven't already done. Dust and Bones is a good song by GNR as well. Hmm...all kinds of stuff are possible. More Nails is always good, maybe some Marilyn Manson? More Slipknot perhaps? Korn? Insane Clown Posse?....ok, just kidding with that last one.

SynysterMonkey
10-02-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm hoping for some more System of a Down (Aerials, Sugar, Question, Prison Song, Hypnotize, and Vicinty of Obsenity would all be fun. The last one would be an awesome goof around song, and might turn out to be a lot of singer's favorite). Maybe Paradise City by GNR. More Dream Theater? Maybe Lacuna Coil and Linkin Park? Hmm, or some bands not yet released I'd really like in there like Seether/Cold/Rammstein (that last one is a HUGE wish of mine, which might be a Loooooooong time in coming...not giving up though!).

I agree with System and Rammstein. But I really hope there isn't any Linkin Park.

Smurfquake
10-02-2008, 03:57 AM
I agree with System and Rammstein. But I really hope there isn't any Linkin Park.
Yeah, a lot of people don't like LP, and I have admitted myself numerous times that Chester's sound can grind at time. Other than that, some of their new songs (a vast majority actually...) seem quite canned and unoriginal. It's the first album and some of the second that I prefer.

Hmm, what song by Rammstein would you like (or pack of songs). The popular pick would definitely be Du Hast as a stand alone. But I'd say Mein Teil instead. Perhaps a pack of Engel, Sonne, and Zerstoren? So many options, they don't have too many songs that wouldn't be great for Rock Band (songs like Ein Lied/Fire Und Wasser/Ohne Dich wouldn't be that fun though...).

Inhale3xhale
10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah, a lot of people don't like LP, and I have admitted myself numerous times that Chester's sound can grind at time. Other than that, some of their new songs (a vast majority actually...) seem quite canned and unoriginal. It's the first album and some of the second that I prefer.

Hmm, what song by Rammstein would you like (or pack of songs). The popular pick would definitely be Du Hast as a stand alone. But I'd say Mein Teil instead. Perhaps a pack of Engel, Sonne, and Zerstoren? So many options, they don't have too many songs that wouldn't be great for Rock Band (songs like Ein Lied/Fire Und Wasser/Ohne Dich wouldn't be that fun though...).

I agree. Linkin Park went WAYYYY downhill after Meteora, but some of those songs are just...classics ya know? And Rammstein would be great. Du Hast is a must, and most of the songs from Mutter would be great.

On a different note, I think that guy from GH2, some may remember him, Brian Kahanek (he had Gemini) would be good on there. That song was instrumental, but it was a big favorite of mine. He has some good stuff. Sounds fun on the drums, and the guitar playing is great.

DevilGuy
10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Jonathan Coulton.

Code monkey get up get coffee,
Code monkey go to job,
Code monkey have boring meeting,
with boring manager rob.

iskoot
10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I want Foreigner, "Records" That CD had every great song of theirs on it. They have a cover of Juke Box Hero but I didn't even bother, if it isn't Foreigner then it isn't worth buying.

MadMartign
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Certainly would love to see some tool...

and a little band called UFO! Michael Schenker ftw!

YouTube - Michael Schenker MSG Rock Bottom

That video is actually the Micheal Schenker Group, but i want the UFO version from the live album "Strangers In The Night"

EDIT: The embedding is disabled for the video so it wont play here. You need to grab the link and go to it on youtube.

Phil709
10-02-2008, 06:59 PM
"I Am The Black Wizards" Emperor
"The Voices" Enslaved

^Part of the Norwegian Black Metal Pack

Black Label by Lamb of God
Beautiful Mourning by Machine Head

iskoot
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
After thinking about it, I also would LOVE Blue October's CD "Foiled" Another instant buy for me.

Smurfquake
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I agree. Linkin Park went WAYYYY downhill after Meteora, but some of those songs are just...classics ya know? And Rammstein would be great. Du Hast is a must, and most of the songs from Mutter would be great.

On a different note, I think that guy from GH2, some may remember him, Brian Kahanek (he had Gemini) would be good on there. That song was instrumental, but it was a big favorite of mine. He has some good stuff. Sounds fun on the drums, and the guitar playing is great.
Yeah, they really did. Numb might be fun to play, maybe Faint. I'd still stick with Breaking the Habit though, or maybe Somewhere I Belong. I'd be willing to bet that keyboard part on Du Hast would be played on Guitar, much akin to the intro to TtFaF. Adios' solo would be altogether epic, as would Links 2, 3, 4's solo. Feuer Frei's solo would be like one note, but you'd have to play it QUICKLY. Moskau would be fun to sing, and Keine Lust would be fun as well.

Your mentioning of instrumentals reminded me of something no-one I've seen has brought up yet....Buckethead anyone?!!! Most of his songs would be quite epic on RB.

Inhale3xhale
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, they really did. Numb might be fun to play, maybe Faint. I'd still stick with Breaking the Habit though, or maybe Somewhere I Belong. I'd be willing to bet that keyboard part on Du Hast would be played on Guitar, much akin to the intro to TtFaF. Adios' solo would be altogether epic, as would Links 2, 3, 4's solo. Feuer Frei's solo would be like one note, but you'd have to play it QUICKLY. Moskau would be fun to sing, and Keine Lust would be fun as well.

Your mentioning of instrumentals reminded me of something no-one I've seen has brought up yet....Buckethead anyone?!!! Most of his songs would be quite epic on RB.

Haha Jordan all over again. Even the song with Serj Tankian, We Are One. I saw someone say Lamb Of God, sign me up please.

Phil709
10-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Lamb of God would be so fun on vocals. They'd probably make it talky though :(

Inhale3xhale
10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Lamb of God would be so fun on vocals. They'd probably make it talky though :(

Probably. Randy Blythe is among my favorite metal vocalists. He has such a wide range. And the guy who said Tool, yes please. A Perfect Circle would be good too.

XVx KILL SWITCH
10-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Realistic, totsl crap music like usuall, probally the sticks:)

SebastianSB
10-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I really believe that if Linkin' Park can put a song on here, so should Staind or Nickelback. A trackpack from them would be nice.

I was pretty surprised when Nickelback wasn't included in the Roadrunner Records Pack.

Poisonheadcrab
10-03-2008, 01:26 AM
The only 'ode band from the 70's and 80's that isn't in the game yet that I would want as DLC would probably have to be the Styx...particularly "Mr. Roboto" and "Come Sail Away."

sharonoagain
10-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Oh Lord, he said it ...

"I'm sailing away ... "

Phil709
10-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Probably. Randy Blythe is among my favorite metal vocalists. He has such a wide range. And the guy who said Tool, yes please. A Perfect Circle would be good too.
Tool would be fun to! I started listening to tool a few days ago. A very unusual but cool sound. And unusual is what I like. Can't wait for World Tour. I think there are not one, but a few Tool tracks on it.

SebastianSB
10-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Can't wait for World Tour. I think there are not one, but a few Tool tracks on it.

Three if I recall correctly.

Inhale3xhale
10-03-2008, 04:35 AM
Three if I recall correctly.

Yep, Vicarious (from 10,000 Days), Parabola, and Schism (from Lateralus). Thus my jealousy. They are an amazing band. I love from Lateralus up until 10,000 Days. Definitely a band to do many illegal things to. And I use them to fall asleep to sometimes as well.

killerharu45
10-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Definitely a band to do many illegal things to.

Hahaha this cracked me up. Especially when I saw your username. Inhale exhale, kinda reminds me of inhaling certain illegal things :p

branDONEson
10-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Muse!

that is all.

inVINCEable1008
10-03-2008, 03:40 PM
If I could get Brand New's album Deja Entendu, I would die a happy man. Any Brand New would be amazing though.

Also I would love some Rise Against or Senses Fail. I was thinking with both of them coming out with a album pretty soon, that it would be a perfect time. Wolves At The Door would be amazing to play on Rock Band.

Old New Found Glory would be good, anything from the Sticks and Stones or Catalyst albums would be good. Also any Story of the Year. Story of the Year is a perfect Rock Band type of band. Good guitar riffs, clean vocals, and good drumming.

iskoot
10-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I also want Blink 182's Album, "Enema of the State" Such great music...

Inhale3xhale
10-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I have to agree with Muse and Brand New. From Muse, how about Starlight? Love that song to death. Their bassist is crazy. I like the Deja Entendu CD alright, but I really like the new one.

inVINCEable1008
10-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I have to agree with Muse and Brand New. From Muse, how about Starlight? Love that song to death. Their bassist is crazy. I like the Deja Entendu CD alright, but I really like the new one.
I love The Devil and God, but Deja Entendu would be better for Rock Band IMO.

CM Matty
10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
what i'd like to see in the next few months:

- any nofx

- maybe an alkaline trio 3 pack

- more pearl jam

- more bad religion

- queen

- more against me

- old everclear or bush (something from sparkle and fade and sixteen stone/razorblade suitcase)

- taking back sunday - cute w/o the e (that'd go well w/ the requested brand new stuff)

- some pinkerton weezer

- more blondie

- finally...the weakerthans (though i doubt it'd happen).

P1TTMAN
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Summing up...

BRAND NEW: Yes!!!!
BOC: Yes! as long as one of the songs is Godzilla:)
RAMMSTEIN: Great, but I don't think they can really market it to Americans ("WTF? I can't sing in German!"); except their version of "Stripped," but I still want it anyway.
GNR: Might as well take the whole Appetite album; all I really want is "Paradise City"
LINKIN PARK: What the hell for?
PEARL JAM: Must have Yellow Ledbetter!

And now me:

JOURNEY: Obviously they've used them before, and what singing game could not have "Don't Stop Believin'?"
MORE SOCIAL D: Why no Ball & Chain?
And I think they'll have to put out a whole new game called Metal Band, since there's hardly any in RB1&2 (I know I'm straying from realism here);
but 2 more albums:

Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World (or anything:woop:)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys: part 2 (so bass players will finally have something to do)

PurpleStuff
10-03-2008, 10:37 PM
They need some Slipknot. I was so happy when Before I Forget came out on GH3, but now I wanna play Psychosocial on drums.

D RaK Fereal
10-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Blinded By The Light!!

SebastianSB
10-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Everclear 3 Pack:
-Father of Mine
-I Will Buy You A New Life
-Speed Racer

Inhale3xhale
10-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Everclear 3 Pack:
-Father of Mine
-I Will Buy You A New Life
-Speed Racer

Everyone I know HATES Father Of Mine, I love that song, and New Life. Yes, please.

antnie
10-04-2008, 01:01 AM
The Beatles. I know it is impossible but I still want it. I really don't care what they add as long as it is good.

SebastianSB
10-04-2008, 01:10 AM
The Beatles. I know it is impossible but I still want it. I really don't care what they add as long as it is good.

Well there goes the topic title...

inVINCEable1008
10-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Some old school Papa Roach would be nice. Like Between Angels and Insects, Last Resort, and Getting Away With Murder.

Smurfquake
10-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Summing up...

BRAND NEW: Yes!!!!
BOC: Yes! as long as one of the songs is Godzilla:)
RAMMSTEIN: Great, but I don't think they can really market it to Americans ("WTF? I can't sing in German!"); except their version of "Stripped," but I still want it anyway.
GNR: Might as well take the whole Appetite album; all I really want is "Paradise City"
LINKIN PARK: What the hell for?
PEARL JAM: Must have Yellow Ledbetter!

And now me:

JOURNEY: Obviously they've used them before, and what singing game could not have "Don't Stop Believin'?"
MORE SOCIAL D: Why no Ball & Chain?
And I think they'll have to put out a whole new game called Metal Band, since there's hardly any in RB1&2 (I know I'm straying from realism here);
but 2 more albums:

Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World (or anything:woop:)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys: part 2 (so bass players will finally have something to do)
True about Rammstein, they couldn't really market it. HOWEVER....there is English versions of Engel and Du Hast as well as the aforementioned Stripped (which is a great cover of Depeche Mode, BTW). Question though, isn't there some songs from the European version of RB that had foreign lyrics? Maybe for the RB2 release in Europe this could happen...here's to hoping...

Yeah, I know a lot of people hate Linkin Park, hah. It's not for everyone, that is for sure. But there are a lot of LP fans out there (like me!). Hah, anywho, I'd love some more metal stuff, I wouldn't be able to play it on expert, but it'd still be fun to play. I've heard Helloween suggested before (on Youtube, actually...), they are pretty good.

Oh, and the guy right above me....Last Resort would be totally kickass to play!

KamikazeQ
10-04-2008, 03:35 AM
I want some Sublime DLC
I saw they have "Santeria" in GH:WT

i would kill for some Sublime, My Chemical Romance or some No Doubt specifically off the RockSteady Album.

Kami

Smurfquake
10-04-2008, 04:13 AM
i would kill for some Sublime, My Chemical Romance or some No Doubt specifically off the RockSteady Album.

Kami
Good news for you then...No Doubt is coming to RB soon!
Or at least their best hits and everything, it's been announced for a while.

ViciouS VladdY
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I would have to agree with a lot of peoples wish lists.

-Dire Straits "Money for Nothing"
-Queen Track Packs
-Older Tenacious D
-Sevendust
-More Kansas
-More Foreigner
-More Bad Company

and i know its not a Realistic wish but CKY has some great tracks.

Theluckylefty26
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM

Kami
Santeria is coming in the next month
well its suppose to

Smurfquake
10-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Santeria is coming in the next month
well its suppose to
That's GHIV not RB2, I believe...

Phil709
10-05-2008, 02:03 AM
We also need some YES in this game. I'm talking Close to the Edge (18 minutes+ song), Roundabout, and Owner of a Lonely Heart

ComanderHalfjaw
10-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Im down with anything Rage Against the Machine, i mean they are in GH2, GH3, RB2 why not add more? its pretty obvious it would attract alot of people unlike crap such as those artists nobody even knows about that are local to them. Dont get me wrong some of them are good but id much prefer some RATM...

sharonoagain
10-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Blinded By The Light!!

LOL, that would be EPIC!!

Only thing better would be "Come Sail Away" by Styx ...

*humming*

brosif74
10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
obviously more DREAM THEATER or THE ENTIRE UNITED ABOMINATIONS album from MEGADETH woot woot

SebastianSB
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
obviously more DREAM THEATER or THE ENTIRE UNITED ABOMINATIONS album from MEGADETH woot woot

Realistically, I wouldn't expect a second full album from an already featured band.

Rattlehead
10-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I'd say album wise.

Pantera - Power Metal ( i know its an odd choice for any fan :P )
Megadeth - Killing is my Business / Rust in Peace
Anthrax - Among The Living
Overkill - From the Underground and Below ( anything by these guys would be awesome! )
Girlschool - Hit and Run / Demolition ( once again anything by them would be nice to see )

Theluckylefty26
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
That's GHIV not RB2, I believe...
No i know its on the GHIV disc but its suppose to come out for rockband2 also

Inhale3xhale
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
No i know its on the GHIV disc but its suppose to come out for rockband2 also

Exactly, its supposed to come out. Its in the 20 free DLC rumor list.

Theluckylefty26
10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Exactly, its supposed to come out. Its in the 20 free DLC rumor list.
already have of the 20 have been confirmed as DLC for last week or this upcoming week
so im geusiing thats its prolly coming soon

Mad World
10-05-2008, 07:41 PM
at above: the 20 free song list is still unknown-we thought we knew for a little while, but 6 or 7 of the songs on it will come out as actual DLC this week, so that rumored list needs some major tweaking

honestly, i think the list we've all seen WAS the real one, but since it was revealed early, Harmonix is shaking things up. just my thoughts i guess

but i've been really surprised by some of the songs/artists people have brought up-mostly metal fans and-what should i call it-"alternative pop/rock emo" fans have posted here. everyone's different though...

thought of some more songs though:

Jessica, Allman Brothers Band
King of Pain, The Police

Tenacious
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Rammstein, but I know it will honestly never happen..

xfleeksx
10-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I think the Soundgarden album "Superunknown" should be come out, 2 of the songs are already in the games. If not that album, then "Badmotorfinger."
For DLC packs I have to go with Element Eighty, Trivium, Rage Against the Machine, and Audioslave.
Why not get some Dethklok in here? That'd be fun.

Smurfquake
10-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Rammstein, but I know it will honestly never happen..
It could, I'm holding out hope for it along wit ya.
European release of RB2? That would be altogether awesome.

Inhale3xhale
10-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm surprised at the Rammstein fans out here.

I was talking to a friend last night about more classic rock. That'd be fun. I still say Thrice would be fantastic, they have some heavy stuff and some really technical songs.

CriscoDisco878
10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
i wanna see queen, styx renegade, cheap trick, journey, particularly wheel in the sky. the killers, scorpions, more rush, and pretty much anything from the 70's and 80's

Mad World
10-06-2008, 01:20 AM
i wanna see queen, styx renegade, cheap trick, journey, particularly wheel in the sky. the killers, scorpions, more rush, and pretty much anything from the 70's and 80's

FINALLY! we're a tiny bit different, but we have the closest musical tastes so far. i'm so tired of people saying just metal or, strangely enough, Linkin Park

the Killers would be great, i've been wanting Queen forever, journey, although the corniest band ever, would be great for this, and more Rush in the future-just not right now.

SebastianSB
10-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Considering the thread title, I'm amazed how many posts there are where someone says something along the lines of "BANDNAME....but I know it's impossible..."

Rogue Batleth
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Any Billy Talent Will Do For Me.

chito33
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
i wouldnt mind a bit more of flyleaf songs and nickelback really needs to put some tracks on there

SebastianSB
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
i wouldnt mind a bit more of flyleaf songs and nickelback really needs to put some tracks on there

Who knows...maybe there will be a Nickelback track pack to promote the Dark Horse album coming out in November.

Inhale3xhale
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I think if any Nickelback, it should be off the album Long Road, that one was, in my opinion, the best.

Mad World
10-11-2008, 08:05 PM
just thought of some more:

Bad Company-just got the original anthologoies from my dad, and i like 'em

irishoh
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I'd love a Jethro Tull track pack or album DL for the whole Aqualung album.
More Allman Brothers. Pink Floyd would be sweet but doubtful. Others I drop a load over:
Classic rock:
Cream
Traffic
Blind Faith
early Santana
later Beatles
more Garteful Dead
80's 90's rock:
Black Crowes
Primus
Alice in Chains unplugged
Blind Melon
more current:
Black Keys
Racontours
Cake
hip/hop: Jurassic 5

Above all else I'd love some Phish

laundryman
10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
There would be 3 packs that I would want

"Avenged Sevenfold Pack"
-Scream
-Unholy Confessions
-"Lost" or "Seize the Day"

"Green Day Pack"
-When I come Around
-Boulevard of Broken Dreams
-Basket Case

"Nirvana Pack"
-Smells Like Teen Spirit
-All Apologies
- Come as You Are

Hardangelfan
10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I just want more new bands...old rock bands are great but we have guitar hero 1,2,3 rockband 1 and most of 2...can we get some more bands...more variety...where can we request this?

Hardangelfan
10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
"Bring Me To Life"
"Call Me When You're Sober"
"Lacrymosa"

By Evanescence

Hardangelfan
10-11-2008, 11:06 PM
well any song
from Evanescence
Within Temptation
NIghtwish
Mindless Self Indulgence
The Birthday Massacre

I would do anything to have such a pack!

Mad World
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd love a Jethro Tull track pack or album DL for the whole Aqualung album.
More Allman Brothers. Pink Floyd would be sweet but doubtful.
[/B]

i knew i was forgetting some stuff. Aqualung album would be sweet...but a little bit...weird for Rock Band, don't you agree?

Allman Brothers would be great, and Pink Floyd would be an amazing addition, but you're right-highly doubtful

you basically summed up half of my ideas though

Hardangelfan
10-12-2008, 12:30 AM
The day that Rockband starts to put RAP music in the setlists...is the day ill make a Youtube Video Destroying my rockband games, Instruments and MAIL IT to Harmonix...RAP is crap.

voodooboy01
10-12-2008, 01:14 AM
I would love to see Emerald by Thin Lizzy the instrumentals in that song are amazing

doom363
10-12-2008, 02:01 AM
I would actually like some Lamb of God such as hourglass and redneck. And if it ever happens Jambi by Tool

Inhale3xhale
10-12-2008, 02:06 AM
I would actually like some Lamb of God such as hourglass and redneck. And if it ever happens Jambi by Tool

YESSSS Stuff from Ashes Of The Wake or Sacrament, and, like I've said tons of times, ANY Tool.

moonieass13
10-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Blondie - Heart of Glass...

I dont know why but I love this song..

Bl°°dwolf
10-12-2008, 04:57 AM
I'd give my right nut for Zeppelin. Unfortunately that will probably never happen, so I'd like some rocking classics like:

AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top, TNT, Whole Lot of Rosie, Thunderstruck (I prefer Bon Scott era stuff though)
Aerosmith - Mama Kin, Kings and Queens, Rats in the Cellar
Alice Cooper - School's Out, No More Mr Nice Guy, Ballad of Dwight Fry, Hey Stoopid
Allman Brothers - Just about any, but especially Wasted Words and Whipping Post
Blackfoot - Train Train, and Highway Song
Blue Oyster Cult - Cities on Flame, Veteran of the Psychic Wars, and Shooting Shark
More David Bowie please. He has much better songs than just Sufferagette City.
Deftones - Minerva
Depeche Mode - anything up til Violator
Doors - Might as well put that in the same category as Zeppelin I guess
Eagles - any, but not holding out much hope
Fuel - Any, but I prefer the Sunburn album
Heart - Barracuda, Kick it Out, Magic Man, Crazy on You, any from the Self titled album
Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name, The Trooper, Powerslave, Revelations
More Tull. The entire Aqualung album please.
Joe. Fucking. Walsh.
Judas Priest - Need more. Screaming for Vengence is a decent album, but this would have been much better as a best of pack. Need Night Crawler, Touch of Evil, Ram it Down, Metal Gods and Blood Red Skies... I actually destroyed an entertainment center with that song once.
More Skynyrd
Ministry - NWO, Jesus built my Hot Rod, Stigmata
Misfits - Any
Need more Mountain. Nantucket Sleighride please. Probably too old for most though.
Nirvana - need the entire Nevermind album.
Pantera - either a best of, or the Cowboys from Hell album
Pretenders - Mystery Acheivement, Time the Avenger, Middle of the Road, My City was Gone
Queen - Any
more RATM (first two albums were the best IMO)
Rammstein - Any
Rolling Stones - Way too many good ones
Scorps would rock. The Zoo, Blackout, Big City Nights... Rythm of Love
Slayer - Reign in Blood and Seasons albums
I'm rather partial to Steely Dan too, so I was happy they put a song in RB2. Always up for more though.
Styx - Renegade, Snowblind, Suite Madame Blue
Suicidal Tnedencies - any but have to have I'll Hate You Better
System of a Down - need moar. Aerials please.
Ten Years After - I'd love to change the world, I'm going home, 50,000 Miles beneath my brain
Tom Petty - Any... I need to KNow, American Girl, Here Comes my Girl, Even the Losers, You got Lucky, Runnin Down a Dream
Tool - Schism is the only one I know well, even though I have Undertow and Aenema as well.
Triumph - Lay it on The Line, Fight the Good Fight, Never Surrender
Tubes - White Punks on Dope
Uriah Heep - Easy Livin, (The Wizard & July Morning but they might not be rocking enough)
Van Halen - Any but prefer the earlier years
The Who - I was disappointed with the Live cuts on the DLC pack. I do not like live tracks, and trying to sing live tracks when you never listen to live tracks is annoying as hell. sorry, had to rant. Could use more though. Just not live tracks.
Yes - Yes.
ZZ Top - please. They have some really rocking classics.

Considering I have something like 8k tracks of music that is fairly abbreviated ;)

Also while not crazy about death metal in RB, I do like Lamb of God, and would like the 11th Hour, or Letter to the Unborn just to see if Inhale3xhale could pull it off... Otep - Blood Pigs, and maybe Cradle of Filth - Dusk and Her Embrace.

And finally I would like to see some classic 80s pop tracks... Icehouse, INXS, Missing Persons, Pet Shop Boys... Ok, I know a lot of people are making faces, but that's the kind of stuff that was around when I was in High School... I happen to like it in moderate doses.

loki008
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I would like to see some Static-X,White Zombie/Rob Zombie,Coal Chamber,The Distillers, Face to Face -Disconnected,Godsmack -Whatever, and Mudvayne

inVINCEable1008
10-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Some Protest The Hero would be insane. The vocals would be tough as hell, the instrumentals are weird and would be tough and something new for Rock Band. The thing with that is I don't know how open they would be to bring in some Core type bands. Hopefully them bringing in All That Remains is a sign.

Crimson Ridley
10-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Styx (Grand Illusion)
Scorpions (Winds of Change)
Journey (Seperate Ways, Don't Stop Believin')
Lynyrd Skynyrd (Free Bird)
All That Remains (Six)
Korn (Coming Undone, Twisted Transistor)

And a few GH2 songs, such as Jessica, Sweet Child of Mine, Thunderhorse, Arterial Black and Raw Dog.

But first, I'd like the damn game to be released in Europe!

branDONEson
10-12-2008, 06:12 PM
i want "A Certain Shade of Green - Incubus"

i would LOVE that.

xxXI Dave IXxx
10-13-2008, 01:16 AM
GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!!!!!!!! Every album except chinese democracy.

And where the hell is Van Halen. Have we forgot that the real guitar hero played guitar with everything but a guitar pick? And not that fake ass new van halen, Give us some David lee Roth and eddie Van Halen!

Mad World
10-14-2008, 11:11 PM
GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!!!!!!!! Every album except chinese democracy.

And where the hell is Van Halen. Have we forgot that the real guitar hero played guitar with everything but a guitar pick? And not that fake ass new van halen, Give us some David lee Roth and eddie Van Halen!

not really "confirmed" as there's no official source, but i'm pretty sure Van Halen is exclusive to GH now

i remember at the MS E3 conference the Red Octane guy (the one who expected massive applause for everything he said) said something like "Along with Van Halen and The Eagles being exclusive to Guitar Hero..."

it's pretty pitiful of Activision to have make certain bands exclusive-Harmonix doesn't do this (we think), and they still have bands "exclusive" to RB!-The Who and Rush come to mind

Acti must be pretty nervous that GH's crown is slowly falling off

as long as Rock Band gets Led Zeppelin though, I'm happy. i know, i know-Zeppelin doesn't license and they're not comfortable giving out masters. but...it has to happen at some point. maybe it won't be until Page/Plant die and we're on Rock Band 11, but it will happen

EDIT: i found the link of this story i mentioned, or at least a similar one

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/07/17/exclusive-hendrix-comes-to-guitar-hero/

apparently, "Guitar Hero really was on the ball and and they were biting at the bit to get this out this year, so, we just accommodated them,”

SamuraiLink
10-15-2008, 01:14 AM
I would absolutely love some Zeppelin, Floyd, The Doors, Hendrix, Cream, etc. There have been tons of other good bands mentioned through out this thread as well.

My #1 pick would have to be some Floyd, as doubtful as that is, there might be a way to talk Gilmour into letting some of his solo work on here.

I think Chuck Berry would be fun to play on guitar as well.

Mad World, where did you hear about Jimi being a possible GH exclusive? This is back in the original post; "as it SEEMS that Activison has secured exclusive rights-these possible bands include Metallica, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix."

That would probably make me cry as I'm fed up with GH and the lack of decent DLC they provided for GH3 (at least when I last looked, not long after RB1 came our :p), and the game just really pissed me off the other day.

Mad World
10-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Mad World, where did you hear about Jimi being a possible GH exclusive? This is back in the original post; "as it SEEMS that Activison has secured exclusive rights-these possible bands include Metallica, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix."

That would probably make me cry as I'm fed up with GH and the lack of decent DLC they provided for GH3 (at least when I last looked, not long after RB1 came our :p), and the game just really pissed me off the other day.

first off-agree completely with your wishlist

but to your question, i remember reading in post-E3 news that Neversoft and Harmonix had both talked to the Hendrix camp and only Neversoft had really been adamant about getting his music in their game, so while Hendrix in RB isn't ruled out, it's not likely now

i'll look for a link and if i find this story i'll edit this post and add it

i just included the exclusive bands in my OP because i wanted to keep this a realistic wishlist, to avoid the same posts for bands that won't be in RB

i'm actually hoping GHWT continues to not have good DLC-i'm a Rock Bander now, and I only want to spend money on the better franchise. at the same time, I most likely will get GHWT and hopefully there will be some good songs for all who invested in it, but if Zeppelin or Pink Floyd wants to license, I hope they pick Rock Band-know what I mean?

lastly, yea GH3's DLC really sucked, but at least there were some pretty okay free songs among some decent, but few in numbers, song packs

Big Brunsy
10-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I would personally like to play Metallica's "suicide and redemption" but I don't see them putting a 10min instramental on rock band

SebastianSB
10-15-2008, 05:13 AM
I would personally like to play Metallica's "suicide and redemption" but I don't see them putting a 10min instramental on rock band

10 minute instrumental? Possible...Metallica? Not so much.

SamuraiLink
10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Mad World - Pardon me for being lazy and not searching online myself for a related article. I for one like RB way more than GH now. For me the DLC has been far superior and the game play a little more friendly for those of us whose skills just can't quite get expert down. I struggled with GH3 on hard but with RB it is a little bit easier and helped me learn to use the orange button better by being a bit more forgiving (damn you Raining Blood.) Not too mention that my GH3 decided that it didn't want to load my band and thus made me overwrite all previous data, so my band and all songs have since gone away. It still showed my save file and everything on my hard drive but it just wouldn't access it even after trying everything I could think of for 10 mins. That is the last straw for me purchasing anymore of the GH series. In fact, I had just told my brother last night that I wouldn't be buying GHWT, and that he could if he wanted to play it. Of course I would try it out too, but until further notice, I'm going to stick with the RB franchise. Ok, not that I've went completely off topic.... :)

So I just found this.... http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/21/jimi-hendrix-joins-guitar-hero-world-tour/

Maybe I'll see if Leon Hendrix is still living up here in the NW and "persuade" him to go over to the RB franchise :p

Nomor
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I really believe that if Linkin' Park can put a song on here, so should Staind or Nickelback. A trackpack from them would be nice. You poor, misguided soul.
Not to thread sh*t, I'd like to see some more Bowie, Dylan, and AC/DC. Some indie music like Spoon or The Black Keys would be cool. Also Lou Reed, though I doubt he'd allow it.
I think Chuck Berry would be fun to play on guitar as well.
This too, I'd love to see some 50's rock n' roll.

CM Matty
10-16-2008, 07:44 AM
nofx - the decline.

heh...that'd be something on expert drums.

sharonoagain
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM

They are doing a 5 minute instrumental with YYZ ... 10 is not inconceivable.

Bl°°dwolf
10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I forgot... we need some Skid Row, and some Night Ranger. Golden Earring would be nice too.

irishoh
10-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I was raised on the likes of Floyd, Zeppelin and the Beatles, so I have a soft spot for the classic rock. I'd love some more Jethro Tull(maybe a full album DL for Aqualung) and maybe an Allman Brothers track pack( an Eat a Peach Album DL would be sweet but they'd have to drop the 30 min "Mountain Jam"). Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album DL would rock. Other classic rockers we've yet to see that I'd wet myself over some track packs or albums: Cream, Blind Faith (full album, they only made the one but it's one of the best rock albums ever), Traffic, Later Beatles (Abbey Road or Let it Be would be rockin album DL's), early Santana. I could go on but you'd get bored so here's some more current artists I'd love to see: First and foremost PHISH (the epitomy of touring jam bands but their studio stuff'd be great, back together by the way, my brother & I just got tickets to see 'em in March), The Black Keys just plain rock, Primus, Oysterhead, Cake, Blind Melon, the Racontours, My Morning Jacket, Modest Mouse, and Rage (Renegades would make a sweet album DL)

irishoh
10-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I grew up listening to the likes of Floyd, Zeppelin and the Beatles, so I’m definitely partial to classic rock, though I do appreciate a wide range of more current artists as well. I dont care how old the masters are, we need more classic rock. I’d love to see more Jethro Tull, maybe a full album DL for Aqualung. More Allman Brothers, an Eat a Peach album DL would rock (though they’d have to drop the 30 min Mountain Jam). Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust would make a great album DL. Other classic rockers we haven’t seen yet that I’d love: Any Cream, Blind Faith (full album DL would be sweet, they only made the one but it’s one of the best rock albums ever), Traffic, later Beatles (Abbey Road or Let it Be would make great full album DLs), early Santana, Dire Straits, Yes. More current artists I’d love to play: 1st and foremost PHISH (the epitome of touring jam bands, but their studio stuff would make for some great DLC), The Black Keys, Primus, Oysterhead, Racontours, Cake, Beck, Blind Melon, My Morning Jacket, Alice in Chains unplugged andsome more Rage, Renegades would be a sweet full album DL.

TwistedFate
10-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Why in God's name did you post the exact same thing again 6 days later in a different font?

iceefudgesickle
10-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Incubus Pack (A Certain Shade of Green, Rogues, Stellar)

Classic Rock Pack (Rock and Roll Woman by Buffalo Springfield, Listen to the Music by The Doobie Brothers, Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann's Earth Band)

All I can think of right now. We seriously need some Incubus in RB though.

Bl°°dwolf
10-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Why in God's name did you post the exact same thing again 6 days later in a different font?

Maybe he felt that strongly about it? ;)

Bl°°dwolf
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Classic Rock Pack (Rock and Roll Woman by Buffalo Springfield, Listen to the Music by The Doobie Brothers, Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann's Earth Band)

Doobies have a number of good songs, as do Buffalo Springfield. Mr. Soul and Broken Arrow are two of my personal favs. Expecting to fly is pretty awesome too. Blinded by the light would rock, but since The Boss wrote it I wouldn't be expecting it.

Shadow Of A Man
10-25-2008, 11:30 PM
TOOL
A Perfect Circle
Opeth
Machine Head
In Flames
Lamb Of God!!!!!!!!

Inhale3xhale
10-25-2008, 11:45 PM
TOOL
A Perfect Circle
Opeth
Machine Head
In Flames
Lamb Of God!!!!!!!!

YES. you rock. but really, prolly wont happen

Better idea. Protest The Hero and Atreyu. Both GH2 downloads...

DJ Psyanyde
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Prince

specifically

Peach
Little Red Corvette
My Name is Prince
Kiss
Let's Go Crazy

and an absolute must for guitar players
When Doves Cry

Full album wishlist

Kiss - Destroyer
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - into the great wide open
Aerosmith - Get a Grip (unrepresented in GH:aerosmith)
Green Day - Dookie
Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Pearl Jam - 10
Evanessence - Fallen

also random songs

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin
Sisters of Mercy - Ribbons and Temple Of Love
Firehouse - Don't treat me bad
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Whitesnake - In the still of the night
Autograph - Turn up the radio
Vixen - edge of a broken heart
Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back
Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome or Water's Edge
Candlebox - You
Temple of the Dog - Say hello to heaven

and Korn lots and lots of Korn

Mad World
11-04-2008, 10:05 PM
just wanted to add a few more bands here that are haven't really been represented:

Bad Company and Creedence Clearwater Revival. make it happen.

Lord Chabelo
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Though I would love full albums from these bands, I would settle for some of these songs

Guns N' Roses: Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine, Paradise City, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics), November Rain.

Garbage: Only Happy When It Rains, My Lover's Box, Vow, Push It, Temptation Waits, Right Between The Eyes.

Dream Theater: Pull Me Under, Take The Time, Another Day, Burning My Soul, Hollow Years, Take Away My Pain, Through Her Eyes.

Faith No More: Falling to Pieces, Midlife Crisis, A Small Victory, Evidence, Digging The Grave, Last Cup Of Sorrow.

Korn: Blind, Got The Life, Alone I Break, No Place To Hide, A.D.I.D.A.S., Twisted Transistor, Did My Time.

Linkin Park: In The End, One Step Closer, Breaking The Habit, What I've Done, Shadow Of The Day, Leave Out All The Rest.

Pantera: 5 Minutes Alone. Walk, Cemetary Gates, I'm Broken, Becoming, A New Level.

Would it kill Harmonix to include song in other languages? I would kill for songs from Rammstein and Heroes del Silencio.

Bl°°dwolf
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Would it kill Harmonix to include song in other languages? I would kill for songs from Rammstein and Heroes del Silencio.

While they aren't "included on the disc" there are non-english DLC available. Mostly german metal granted, but it's there.

Der Nacho
11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Three packs that I NEED on Rock Band:

Bad Religion:
The Defense
Epiphany
I Want to Conquer the World
No Substance

System of a Down:
Aerials
Question!
Spiders
Hypnotize

Linkin Park:
Crawling
Bleed it Out
The End
Valentine's Day

9 of my favorite songs form 3 of my favorite Bands.

Some random songs:
Killswitch Engage: Last Serenade
Escape the Fate: The Flood
Alkaline Trio: Help Me
Scars on Broadway: Serious
Sum 41: We're all To Blame
Good Charlotte: the River

And some full Albums:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication
Linkin Park - Meteora
Bad Religion - New Maps of Hell
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Breathing

SebastianSB
11-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Aerosmith - Get a Grip (unrepresented in GH:aerosmith)

Agree 100%! I was very annoyed to see my favorite Aerosmith album absent in GH:A...not a likely band to see in Rock Band though since they're signed on with Neversoft.

I'd really like to see Into the Night (Santana Feat. Chad Kroeger) added to the game...that would be a blast on guitar and vocals.

kuuassmofo68
11-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Kay here's my wishlist

Accept - Balls to the Wall
AFI - The Boy who Destroyed the World
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Anthrax - Got the Time?
Avenged Sevenfold - I won't see you Tonight (Part 1)
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Camp Kill Yourself - 96' Quite Bitter Beings
The Casualties - Unknown Soldier
Cheap Trick - That 70's Song
Chevelle - The Red
Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Cinderella - Nobody's Fool
Cold - Stupid Girl
Damageplan - Crawl
Daniel Lioneye - The King of Rock and Roll
Dethkl÷k - Thunderhorse
Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark
Dream Evil - Made of Metal
Drowning Pool - Step up
Elvis - Devil in Desguise
Evanescence - Going Under
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Tuff Enuff
Fireball Ministry - King
Georgia Satelites - Keep your Hands to Yourself
Grim Reaper - Fear No Evil
Guns 'n' Roses - You could be Mine
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Johnny Cash - I've been Everywhere Man
Korn - Twisted Transistor
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (or) In my Time of Dying
Marilyn Manson - Fight Song
Master Shake - Face Omelet
Mastodon - Crystal Skull
Megadeth - Hangar 18
Mercyful Fate - Into the Coven
Metallica - Master of Puppets or Fade to Black
Misfits - Halloween
Neil Young - Rockin' in the Free World
Pantera - Cemetary Gates
Papa Roach - She Loves me Not
Pennywise - Alien
A Perfect Circle - Passive
Quiet Riot - Metal Health [Bang your Head] (The Whole thing)
Rage Against the Machine - Calm like a Bomb
Rob Zombie - More Human than Human
Rush - The Temples of Syrinx
Skid Row - Slave to the Grind
Slipknot - Duality
Static X - Hell in your Eyes
Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild
Styx - Renegade
Sum 41 - We're All To Blame
Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever
Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar
Three Days Grace - Just like you
Turbonegro - Sailor Man
Twisted Sister - I wanna Rock
Van Halen - Eruption/You Really got me
The White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl
311 - Down
The 69 Eyes - All American Dream

Thats my wishlist

Maka
11-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Legend:
(L) - Possible lyric problem. i.e. No Words, Screamo
(D) - No Drums
(*) - Band might not need Pack, singles instead?
OR - Can't decide between the two or more songs

Singles:
3 Doors Down - Superman Kryponite
Alien Ant Farm - These Days
All That Remains - Six
Bedouin Soundclash - Walls Fall Down
Bullet for My Valentine - Room 409 (L)
Europe - The Final Countdown
Fall of Troy - Act One, Scene One (L)
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Goldfinger - Superman (Tony Hawk 1 Song)
Good Charlotte - The River
Jerry C. - Canon Rock (L)
Marianas Trench - Shaketramp
Maroon 5 - Won't go home without you
Matchbox 20 - How far We've Come
Nickelback - You Remind Me
The Offspring - Pretty Fly
Papa Roach - Scars
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - The Grim Goodbye
Relient K - Who I am hates who I've been
Shinedown - I dare you
Three Days Grace - Never Too Late
Three Days Grace - Animal I have Become
The Used - The bird and the Worm

Packs: (Bands)
AlexisonFire Pack 01
- Accidents (L)
- No Transitory (L)
- This could be anywhere in the World (L)

Billy Talent Pack 01 (*)
- The Ex
- River Below
- Fallen Leaves

Blink-182 Pack 01
- First Date
- What's my Age Again?
- Always

Fallout Boy Pack 01
- 7 Minutes in Heaven
- The Takeover, the breaks over
- Dance, Dance

The Killers Pack 01 (*)
- Mr. Brightside
- Somebody Told Me
- Smile Like you Mean it OR Don't shoot me Santa Claus

Linkin Park Pack 01
- Numb
- What I've Done
- Crawlin'

Mobile Pack 01 (*)
- Dusting down the Stars
- Out of my Head
- See right through me

Panic! at the Disco Pack 01
- Camisado (Relax Relapse)
- I Write sin not Tragedies
- Lying is the most fun a girl can have...

Paramore Pack 01
- Misery Business
- For a Pessimist, I'm pretty Optimistic.
- Rewind

Rise Against Pack 01
- Paper Wings
- The Good Left Undone
- Heaven Knows

Sum41 Pack 01 (*)
- Underclass Hero
- Some Say
- With Me

Yellowcard Pack 01
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Yellowcard - Only One
Yellowcard - Way Away

Packs: (Various Bands)
Cut Myself Pack:
illScarlet - Nothing Special
My Chemical Romance - Helena OR Ghost of You
Tokio Hotel - Ready, Set, Go

Intense Pack: (Warning: This pack includes heavy screaming, but the songs are quality, trust)
Protest the Hero - Sequoia Throne (L)
Bullet for My Valentine - Tears dont Fall (L)
The Fall of Troy - Reassurance Rests in the Sea (L)

Soft Voices Pack:
Boy Like Girls - Let Go (D)
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
System of a Down - Lonely Day

TA Sasuke
11-09-2008, 03:47 AM
i would like some of the songs from GH1 like No One Knows, Cowboys from Hell, Killer Queen, Texas Flood, and Symphony of Destruction.

Inhale3xhale
11-09-2008, 03:59 AM
i would like some of the songs from GH1 like No One Knows, Cowboys from Hell, Killer Queen, Texas Flood, and Symphony of Destruction.

I remember reading somewhere No One Knows would be here...let me go find it.

wazz1
11-09-2008, 04:06 AM
master of puppets

TA Sasuke
11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
master of puppets

oh god how i wish this would happen, unfortunately Metallica is exclusive to GH so no more Metallica songs after Battery :/ if RB were to get any metallica albums i would want all of Master of Puppets besides Battery, All of Ride the Lightning, and a few downloads from Reload (mainly Fixxxer).

TA Sasuke
01-03-2009, 07:34 AM
More Rush
More Megadeth (maybe the Greatest Hits: Back to the Start album?) plus Tornado of Souls
More Testament!

Mad World
01-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Eh, though I'd give this a boost since there's been some new post-Christmas forum members.

I will add to the conversation though, although since I've posted in this thread a dozen times, I guarantee I'm repeating something:

Cream (not gonna lie, I don't know anything about Cream bar the Greatest Hits album, but RB needs one of the best trios ever)

Bad Company-I've always considered them a pretty unknown band, even though they had a few hits, but regardless, they have some fun songs

more Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Clash, Bowie, Nirvana and Guess Who. would love to see some more Killers as well (I have to say, I'm really enjoying their new album)

still waiting on some Queen, as well as Appetite for Destruction (if Chinese Democracy is made into DLC, as rumors recently suggest, I'll be quite disappointed)

I'm quite certain we'll see more Rush and AC/DC in 2009 (my guesses being Permanent Waves and Back in Black, respectively) and I think Soundgarden's Superunknown could appear (although its biggest hits are already in RB, but there's a lot of good tracks on that album)

as for random songs, I'd love to see Procol Harum's Shine on Brightly and Derek & The Dominos' classic Layla.

SebastianSB
01-03-2009, 08:29 AM
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9018/a03b12bb9da0c83901ffb01uv8.jpg
Seriously.

Crimson Ridley
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
- Rush
- Rush
- The rest of Rush. Who dislikes Rush? Nobody! What, someone does? Let me grab my gun...Be right back...
- Symphony X - Just the Odyssey, epic 24 minute long song. This has to be done, screw people who will get tired :p
- As much Dream Theater as possible. We all know that Harmonix/Neversoft like this band.
- Free Bird. It's Free Bird! And they have had songs from GH2 on RB2, so... Yeah.
- Jessica. How I love this song! I just love it, love it, love it!
- Cowboys From Hell - Full album would be nice. Even if they just get the song, that's cool. I WANT IT!
- Bark at the Moon. Good song.
- Some more Country songs with epic guitar charts. The pack DOES say Country Pack 1, at least I think it does...

If all those were on Rock Band, I'd never turn the game off. Well I hardly ever do anyway, but whatever :p

diesel680
01-03-2009, 11:07 AM
A Pantera track pack
Seconding Blue Oyster Cult track pack
Jonathan Coulton track pack

Basically, I think anyone they have thought to included in the game or with one song on DLC should be a realistic option for a track pack, especially a Bob Dylan track pack, Avenged Sevenfold track pack, Radiohead track pack, Social Distortion track pack, and a Rise Against track pack.

Red Eyes Metal
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Lemme see:

More Nine Inch Nails (more stuff from Year Zero and The Slip)
Genesis Pack (Land of Confusion, Mama & Tonight, Tonight, Tonight)
Phil Collins Pack
More Rise Against
More 80's stuff
Get some damn Trivium on there!
Perhaps some Sevendust (Seriously, they are a really underrated metal band and deserve some more attenetion)

Mythtakes
01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Rolling Stones pack
Muse pack
Radiohead pack
The rest of Jimmy Eat World's Bleed America album
Lynyrd Skynyrd pack

ParoXyzm
01-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Bullet for my Valentine, some more All That Remains, and Atreyu would be good except for the screaming vocals.

LP would be nice as well.

daenius
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
here goes my definitive wishlist:

# Tool - Lateralus, The Grudge, Rosetta Stoned, Stinkfist, Forty Six & 2

# The Mars Volta - Cygnus, Vysmund Cygnus, Inertiatic ESP, Eria Tarka

# Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer, Digging In The Dirt

# Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up, Killing In The Name, Sleep Now In The Fire

# definitely more Nine Inch Nails - it's far-fetched but the "Fragile" Stuff is pretty intense

# The Beatles - doesn't matter which songs

# more Queens Of The Stone Age ("Song For The Dead" ftw!!!)

# Radiohead - Go To Sleep, Street Spirit, Bodysnatchers, etc.

# some Rolling Stones stuff would be awesome,

# as well as some Bruce Springsteen songs

and last but not least I'd love some

# Thrice

and about Led Zep:

we oughta start an online petition and spread the word to get as many signatures as we can, give it to Harmonix and let them knock on Jimmy Page's door again!
After all, they licensed the Immigrant Song to School of Rock, so why not give their ok for Rock Band if there's enough signatures.

Mad World
01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
# The Beatles - doesn't matter which songs

and about Led Zep:

we oughta start an online petition and spread the word to get as many signatures as we can, give it to Harmonix and let them knock on Jimmy Page's door again!
After all, they licensed the Immigrant Song to School of Rock, so why not give their ok for Rock Band if there's enough signatures.

keep in mind that there's a Beatles game in the works, so I wouldn't expect any RB DLC because apparently they're only licensing their music for a game only about themselves. I'd say it's possible we'll get a song or pack when that game is detailed or set to release (much like Dream On was available for GH3 at the announcement of GH:Aerosmith) but we'll have to wait and see

apparently the issue with Zeppelin isn't just the licensing, it's the band's fear in losing their master tracks. i think that if the situation is closely monitored and guarded (not, "here, we'll send the masters through the mail!") then there should be no fear, but hey, that's just my reasoning.

we'll definitely see some Zeppelin in music games in the future. maybe it won't be until Page, Plant, and Jones are dead and we're on to Rock Band 11, but it will happen, and it will be just as good as it would be today. personally, i think Led Zeppelin, my all-time greatest band, just shouts for its own game (I would have much rather had The Led Zeppelin game over The Beatles game) but only time will tell.

but on a thread-related note, I think the possibility of seeing all of The Allman Brothers' Brothers and Sisters is likely. if not, i can definitely see an Allman Brothers track. I'd like to see more Radiohead as well.

Rocha12
01-03-2009, 05:04 PM
This game needs moar Phil Collins.

I Second that! especially with the singing plus drumming!

I'd like to see some Tom Petty tunes.

And some Ry Cooder.

And more 80s pop

Bl°°dwolf
01-03-2009, 05:48 PM
While I enjoy playing Tool on drums in GHWT, I seriously doubt you will see them in RB because I am sure they signed an exclusive to the GH franchise. Pretty sure that is part of why we lost Paranoid and Enter Sandman on the RB1 export also. Those exclusivity contracts are annoying.

daenius
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
we'll definitely see some Zeppelin in music games in the future. maybe it won't be until Page, Plant, and Jones are dead and we're on to Rock Band 11, but it will happen, and it will be just as good as it would be today. personally, i think Led Zeppelin, my all-time greatest band, just shouts for its own game (I would have much rather had The Led Zeppelin game over The Beatles game) but only time will tell.

I can't agree more! Led Zep is also one of my all-time favs.
any music/rhythm game without led zep is not a real music/rhythm game.

well, I guess only time will tell and we'll have to wait and see.

While I enjoy playing Tool on drums in GHWT, I seriously doubt you will see them in RB because I am sure they signed an exclusive to the GH franchise. Pretty sure that is part of why we lost Paranoid and Enter Sandman on the RB1 export also. Those exclusivity contracts are annoying.

I seriously doubt that Tool licensed their songs exclusively to GH.
I think they negotiated a deal where they are comfortable - and with comfortable I mean they can license their songs to anybody they want to.

That's just Tool and I wouldn't expect any less of them.

They even got to design their own stage and be involved in the creative process, and that was ok with Activision,
that's why I think they probably also have a "no exclusive rights" clause in the contract.

GumbyÖ
01-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Fall of Troy would be amazing.
Songs:
Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles
I Just Got This Symphony Goin'
"You Got a Death Wish, Johnny Truant?"

:)

White Lama
01-04-2009, 08:10 AM
All I want is more The Who and other old good rock bands, and none of the new crap.

Joker0fLife
01-04-2009, 08:29 AM
With all the softy songs floating around in RockBand 2 I say:

-Pop Evil - "100 in a 55" would be a perfect song to put in there.
YouTube - Pop Evil - 100 in a 55
-Nine Inch Nails - "Everyday is Exactly the Same" (They had them in RB1 bring them back!)
-Crooked X - "Rock and Roll Dream"
-Theory of a Deadman Track pack ( Including "Hate My Life" and "Bad Girlfriend)
-A HELLYEAH track pack ("HellYeah" "You Wouldn't Know" and "Alcohol and Ass")
-MAYBE some Kid Rock?
-Chevelle
-Alter Bridge
-MORE METALLICA!!!!!!!!

I can't recall but is the Nine Inch Nails song Everyday is exactly the same in the DLC?

TooMuchCowbell
01-04-2009, 08:34 AM
All I want is more The Who and other old good rock bands
You're my new best friend:p

I'm a huge fan of classic rock, and don't listen to that much modern music. That being said, I'm going to think of some modern-ish bands that I'd like to see, as all of the classic rock bands I'd like have already been said.

Tenacious D, we already have one of their songs. They are not as much a band as they are a comedic band, so their songs are funny and have plenty of swearing. Editing out the swearing is going to be tough for HMX, but D released a version of their songs where all the swearing was replaced with random, made-up words. Antics and silliness aside, some of their songs are actually very good musically and are tough to play (Master Exploder).

The Arctic Monkeys, a British band formed in 2002. They're labeled "indie" but they're really not. You have to listen to them to see why they're good. They're the only modern band I can really stand. Their mainstream stuff isn't as good as if you dig down into their albums and find some gems. Some of their verses are boring, but they have some pretty sweet breakdowns. Here are some videos.

YouTube - Perhaps Vampires is a Bit Strong But - Arctic Monkeys (Rare)
YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker

Harijan, an 8 man ska band from England. I don't even like Ska, but their vocals make me lol. Check out their MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/harijan

White Lama
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
You're my new best friend:p

Lets get married! =D

And I wouldn't mind to see the song they play at the end of School of Rock either ^^ The only bad part is the vocals :/

TwistedFate
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
-Crooked X - "Rock and Roll Dream"

Been a while since you checked the music store has it? That has been there for months.

SebastianSB
01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
-Nine Inch Nails - "Everyday is Exactly the Same" (They had them in RB1 bring them back!)

I can't recall but is the Nine Inch Nails song Everyday is exactly the same in the DLC?

No, but god I wish it was...and it's not really a matter of bringing "them" back since NIN is just Trent Reznor. He hires people to tour with him.

Joker0fLife
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Been a while since you checked the music store has it? That has been there for months.

That's what it was, I knew one of the songs I posted might have already been a DLC but i didn't know if it was Rock and Roll Dream, or Everyday is Exactly the same :\

NIN is just Trent Reznor. He hires people to tour with him.

I did not know that, I sit corrected :P

killerharu45
01-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Definitely the Final Countdown by Europe should be in the game. It's not a very guitar heavy song but pretty much anyone can recognize the synth. It would be really fun to sing and play the guitar solo.

And another not very instrumental heavy song I want is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (obviously). Would be so much to sing and play the guitar solo.

Just my two cents (or songs)

TooMuchCowbell
01-05-2009, 03:36 AM
And I wouldn't mind to see the song they play at the end of School of Rock either ^^ The only bad part is the vocals :/
Are you talking about It's a Long Way to the Top by AC/DC?

White Lama
01-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Are you talking about It's a Long Way to the Top by AC/DC?

No, no, no ^^ I'm an huuuuge AC/DC fan, so I recognized that from the first notes. I mean the song that "Zach" wrote ^^

*youtubing*

YouTube - school of rock battle of the bands video

That one =D (the bad Vocal part is the part with the Oh, lalala's)
((Sorry about those seconds of weird subtitles, no idea what that is))

EDIT: OMG! SWEET! AUTOMATIC EMBEDDING! =D

NathAttack
01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
I agree. The song from School of Rock needs to be in Rock Band.

I'd love some Matchbox Twenty too, actually... Say what you want, but I love them...

ferrara316
01-05-2009, 06:28 PM
TRIVIUM!! they are practically the last band that i like that hasnt been once in any GH / RB game..

Trivium Pack:
Shotgun of Trepidation (nice anthem type song and sickkkkk solo's)
Kirisute Gomen (thrash all around)
Between Scylla and Charybdis (nasty bass solos and drum fills)

A Pantera pack is a def since harmonix had Cowboys on GH 1.

Cowboys From Hell (of course, the classic)
Cemetary Gates (nice slow slow song that has a wicked interlude / solo)
Walk (the hit)

loozered
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I'd love some more alternative stuff. I'm a huge fan of that sort of early 90s sound, and some songs i think would be great for RB.
im thinking some stuff like Pavement, Silver Jews, Breeders, Secret Machines, Husker Du, Milk, Fishbone, etc. Or maybe some more well-known stuff, like more Sonic Youth, smashing Pumpkins, Hole (pre-shitty Celebrity Skin stuff though), Replacements, or whatever.

Throwing down some youtube videos:
YouTube - Pavement - Stereo
(for any Rush fans, this name checks Geddy Lee)

YouTube - The Breeders - Cannonball

YouTube - Hole - Violet

Or actually, some Minutemen would be awesome, or some of Mike and George's follow-up band fIREHOSE
YouTube - Minutemen - King of the Hill
amazing song!
YouTube - Minutemen's "Maybe Partying Will Help" on bass - LRRG
(ignore the guy in the video - so hard to find Minutemen songs on youtube, this was all i could find)

YouTube - fIREHOSE - Brave Captain
the bass and drumming style of these guys is something that doesn't get enough praise, and is unlike anything i've played in RB before. Always, there isn't that much punk in RB.
I could wrote a lot about why Mike Watt is the best bassist ever, but i'm sure no one cares :D

Float On is already in the game, so some more Modest Mouse is probably more likely than the stuff i've said, but hopefully some stuff of their 97 album Lonesome Crowded West. Like this song for example:
YouTube - Teeth Like Gods Shoeshine - Modest Mouse

don't wanna get too silly about things.. but has there being any music in RB with black musicians or singers at all? just been thinking about it, and to the best of my knowledge, i don't know of any in the 500+ songs available. Apart from that rumoured Skunk Anansie song, but that has been a rumour for far too long with no confirmation. And i know it shouldn't matter, but it's food for thought no?

Mad World
01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
don't wanna get too silly about things.. but has there being any music in RB with black musicians or singers at all? just been thinking about it, and to the best of my knowledge, i don't know of any in the 500+ songs available. Apart from that rumoured Skunk Anansie song, but that has been a rumour for far too long with no confirmation. And i know it shouldn't matter, but it's food for thought no?

yea, there's been very little (if any?). some people are starting to think those Harmonix devs are racist bastards...

off the top of my head, I can only come up with the Lenny Kravitz stuff, and that's not even out yet. I'm sure it's unintentional, but it does raise the question.

APX
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I recently made a thread on the RB forums about a Devin Townsend/ Strapping Young Lad pack, so far people agree, it should be in it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2C8UwPlqEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMzit6DZrg

Come on, it's Devin, the sickest motherfucker in metal <3

loozered
01-07-2009, 10:11 PM
yea, there's been very little (if any?). some people are starting to think those Harmonix devs are racist bastards...

off the top of my head, I can only come up with the Lenny Kravitz stuff, and that's not even out yet. I'm sure it's unintentional, but it does raise the question.
forgot about the Kravitz announcement. And looking at the list on RB's site, there are a number of bands im totally clueless about, so for all i know, they could all be black.

Wanna add Dire Straits' Sultans of Swing to my wishlist too, fantastic song.

UNDERWALLY
01-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't know if this is possible if WWE has the rights, but:
WWE Pack
- The Game by Motorhead
- No more words by EndeverafteR (Jeff Hardy theme)
- Metalingus by Alterbridge (Edge)
- Sexy Boy by Shawn Michaels (Yes, he sings it, but was written by Jimmy Hart)

Also RATM pack
- Wake up
- Bulls on Parade
- Darkness

Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists album

Colonel Muffinz
01-08-2009, 12:06 AM
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9018/a03b12bb9da0c83901ffb01uv8.jpg
Seriously.

+1 internet to you good sir.

CoopMoe
01-08-2009, 12:34 AM
I used to have this local dive bar that had a Rock Band night, and whenever I was headed down to it, I always thought how great it would be if there was some Black Flag. They've since stopped having their weekly thing (the hosts got a better offer somewhere else further than a crawl away).

Anyway, I kept giving some thought to what they could potentially use. Albums wouldn't be feasible due to swearing and that, so I boiled it down to:
-Gimme Gimme Gimme
-Rise Above
-Damaged
-Nervous Breakdown (and just cover up the couple instances of swearing like they did in "You Oughta Know" which is hilarious when sung CONVINCINGLY by a guy, I might add, plus, Rise Against covered it, and some people just don't know where it came from)

I don't know what licensing would be like. I'd assume that might be rough.

Aside from that though, I'm very surprised there hasn't been any Cake, so I'm totally signed on for some of that. Then again, I would also get a good laugh if they said they'd release a Cake track pack and then didn't come through and released a Jonathan Coulton one instead.

mailmanchris
01-18-2009, 02:19 AM
They should totally steal some thunder from this company and issue this stuff.... ;)

YouTube - Christan Guitar hero guitar praise

Bl°°dwolf
01-18-2009, 03:39 AM
I was thinking we need some Tomahawk.

YouTube - Tomahawk - God Hates a Coward YouTube - Tomahawk - Mayday
Mike Patton is genius.

Or some Unearth.

YouTube - Unearth &quot;My Will Be Done&quot;
The intro and outro are freakin amazing guitarwork.

Squify
01-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Biffy Clyro and Paradise Lost.

Mythtakes
01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd like this song by InMe

YouTube - FoF - Myths &amp; Photographs by InMe

Iconoclast
01-20-2009, 07:39 AM
My ultimate wishlist for some new Rock Band DLC includes:

Coheed and Cambria:
-Crossing the Frame
-Mother May I
-The Suffering
-Wake Up
-Once Upon Your Dead Body
-The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court

OR this album: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (2005)

Avenged Sevenfold:
-A Little Piece of Heaven
-Dear God
-Brompton Cocktail
-Unbound
-Lost
-Gunslinger

OR this album: Avenged Sevenfold (2007)

Journey:
-Only the Young
-Don't Stop Believin'
-Ask the Lonely
-Who's Cryin' Now
-Open Arms
-Send Her My Love

Rise Against:
-Paper Wings
-Swing Life Away
-Ready to Fall
-Drones
-Under the Knife
-Prayer of the Refugee
-Worth Dying For
-Survive
-The Approaching Curve
-Behind Closed Doors
-The Good Left Undone
-Roadside

OR this album: The Sufferer & The Witness (2006)

SebastianSB
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Avenged Sevenfold:
-A Little Piece of Heaven
-Dear God
-Brompton Cocktail
-Unbound
-Lost
-Gunslinger

OR this album: Avenged Sevenfold (2007)

No Bat Country? :(

Iconoclast
01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Not as much a fan of their old stuff as I am of their newer album...Beast and the Harlot from GH2 is probably the only older song by them I'd like to see come up as DLC.

SebastianSB
01-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Not as much a fan of their old stuff as I am of their newer album...Beast and the Harlot from GH2 is probably the only older song by them I'd like to see come up as DLC.

I don't like their old stuff either but if someone had told me (back when I was new to it) that Beast and the Harlot and Bat Country were on the self titled album I would have believed them :p

Bat Country is at least worth checking out if you haven't.

TwistedFate
01-21-2009, 06:23 AM
They should totally steal some thunder from this company and issue this stuff.... ;)

YouTube - Christan Guitar hero guitar praise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnYUK9TzKU)

Not as far fetched as you might think. Flyleaf and Kutlass are already available. Bride and The Crucified would be great additions to RB (Vox on Bride would actually be fairly difficult, Dale Thompson has amazing range and uses it vigorously in their songs). It's a little dated sounding, but White Cross would easily fit, as well. And the track they have from DC Talk is pretty good.

Magnified Plaid (MxPx), Tourniquet, Deliverance, Bloodgood, Rose, Mad At The World, Guardian, Detritus, Applehead, Third Day, Die Happy, Precious Death, Veni Domine, Killed By Cain. All christian bands that would be great additions to RB.

mailmanchris
01-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Don't get me wrong, Twisted. I meant to knock the company making the cheap knockoff game, not the Christian music genre or the artists...

Personally, I would love to see Stryper's 'Honestly' in RB. It's a much underappreciated Monster Ballad. P.O.D. 'Youth of the Nation', 'Satellite' or 'Alive' might be good (but I'm tired of talkies...)

Of course, I could lose my rocker street cred for admitting this but I kinda like Creed. They're not technically a Christian band, and Scott Stapp is still a douchebag but 'With Arms Wide Open' is a good sing-a-long song...

Sorry.... where was I? Oh yeah...
Just as long as they stay away from Amy Grant and Michael W Smith...

D3adcell86
01-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I would really like to see any Queensryche. They have so many awesome songs that would just be great on all instruments. I would like to see the Operation Mindcrime album though. Think it would be great. Vocals would be really fun too. Geoff Tate is rated as one of the best vocalists in all of metal up there with rob halford and dio.

YouTube - Queensryche-Eyes Of A Stranger

YouTube - Queensr├┐che - Suite Sister Mary (Live 2006)

YouTube - Queensryche - Another Rainy Night (video clip)

I would pay more then 160 for their songs on rockband if i had to.

Pyroman31
01-21-2009, 08:36 AM
More Between the Buried and Me!

Please!!!! I want that entire Colors album. It's so damn amazing.

loozered
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Is Christian Rock big in USA?
Over here, i've never heard of anything before RB, and i honestly thought it was a fake, mock genre.

SebastianSB
01-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Is Christian Rock big in USA?
Over here, i've never heard of anything before RB, and i honestly thought it was a fake, mock genre.

Bigger I think...I forget the stats but from what I've heard the US has a ridiculous proportion of religious people compared so some other countries. You hear a lot about "Christian Rock" but honestly I can't tell the difference...it's like Glam and Indie to me: it's just not a real genre. It's based on crap outside the music itself.

loozered
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Bigger I think...I forget the stats but from what I've heard the US has a ridiculous proportion of religious people compared so some other countries. You hear a lot about "Christian Rock" but honestly I can't tell the difference...it's like Glam and Indie to me: it's just not a real genre. It's based on crap outside the music itself.
oh god, i know it's hilariously over dependant on religion. But i didn't realise that the music was so huge too. I don't really get what constitutes Christian Rock though, cos the stuff on RB that is i wouldn't call Christian at all. Just rock that happens to be shit

What The Buck?
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Duality - Slipknot

Bliss - MUSE

These 2 songs i would play all day everyday!

Mad World
01-21-2009, 09:38 PM
cos the stuff on RB that is i wouldn't call Christian at all. Just rock that happens to be shit

What other Christian rock songs are there besides Spirit In The Sky? Didn't realize there were others...

Colonel Muffinz
01-21-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.sharpened.net/images/reviews/Train_of_Thought.jpg
http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/led-zeppelin-houses-of-the-holy-back.JPG
(Houses of The Holy by Led Zeppelin)
(I know Led Zeppelin probably won't happen but don't make me cry)

http://geordierussell.instone.net/Jukebox/Img/M/Mars%20Volta%20-%20De-Loused%20In%20The%20Comatorium.jpg
(De-Loused In The Comatarium by The Mars Volta)

http://www.ptreepolska.plo.pl/images/porcupine_tree_in_absentia.jpg
http://www.preisvergleich.org/pimages/Rage-Against-The-Machine-The-Battle-Of-Los-Angeles_280__80025099749199323_20.jpg

Also any TOOL album other than Opiate

mailmanchris
01-22-2009, 12:46 AM
What other Christian rock songs are there besides Spirit In The Sky? Didn't realize there were others...

There aren't any...yet. Don't think MTV won't try to tap that market. They won't overload it because they won't pick up new fans, but as Twisted said there are a lot of really good songs that fall under that category (see above post). Then there's bands that technically aren't Christian (like Creed) but have uplifting messages so they can be lumped into the category as well. The song Signs could also fit into this genre (but I'm pretty sure that Tesla's rock version wouldn't fit due to it's use of profanity.)

Funny thing about Spirit in the Sky. It was written and performed by Norman Greenbaum, who is Jewish. He just heard a gospel song and thought it would be easy to do. 40 years later, it consistently makes one-hit wonder lists and was #333 in the top 500 songs of all time (guess it's only half as evil as 666).

Mad World
01-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Funny thing about Spirit in the Sky. It was written and performed by Norman Greenbaum, who is Jewish. He just heard a gospel song and thought it would be easy to do. 40 years later, it consistently makes one-hit wonder lists and was #333 in the top 500 songs of all time (guess it's only half as evil as 666).

Yea I've always found that funny about Greenbaum.

Always been a big fan of the song though. I believe I even put it in my wishlist on the original Rock Band forums. One day I was listening to it and my exact thought was, "This should fuckin' be in Rock Band!"

Bl°°dwolf
01-22-2009, 01:17 AM
There aren't any...yet.

Don McLean - American Pie can be lumped in along with Neil Diamond's version of Signs. There are a few other oldies that are 'wholesome' enough to be in that category as well I suppose.

TwistedFate
01-22-2009, 01:58 AM

There aren't any...yet.

Ummm, yeah there are.

Flyleaf and Kutlass are already available.

While they don't technically label themselves as a "christian" band, Flyleaf releases singles to christian radio stations and their CD's are available in christian book store.

mailmanchris
01-22-2009, 07:54 AM
good catch Twisted. I missed that on your original post...

Kyoujin
01-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd really love to see some Dillinger Escape Plan songs.. >>

That, and Dog Fashion Disco, as well as Tub Ring.. That would make me really worship the game.

Kyoujin
01-24-2009, 09:53 AM
I was thinking we need some Tomahawk.

Dude, I'd love ANYTHING by Mike Patton to be placed in the game. Tomahawk, Mr. Bungle, Peeping Tom.. I think it'd be awesome, either way.

XZYOE
01-24-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd like to see more Jethro Tull, playing the "We Used To Know" guitar solos would be epic. Any Jimi Hendrix, his relative that basically does all the licensing said she is interested in putting him in Rock Band. Coheed & Cambria, I'd like to play "Everything Evil", "Blood Red Summer" "The Light and The Glass", and "No World for Tommorow". Buckethead, "Soothsayer" and "Too Many Humans." A few Less Than Jake also. Not really sure about Linkin Park, older stuff maybe.

And always, the unrealistic suggestion of Led Zeppelin.

hannibal
01-25-2009, 03:49 AM
U2-
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Where the Streets have no name

Van Halen - Hey, GH has one
Panama
Running with the devil

The Rolling Stones
Satisfaction
Street Fighting Man

Jimi Hendrix
Just about anything he did

The Clash
London Calling

Bob Dylan
Like a Rolling Stone

Bl°°dwolf
01-25-2009, 04:47 AM
If we were to get any Hendrix, I would love Crosstown Traffic, Spanish Castle Magic and Machine Gun.

And for Dylan I would love Subterrainian Homesick Blues. Just because I am crazy like that.

Mad World
01-25-2009, 05:37 AM
If we were to get any Hendrix, I would love Crosstown Traffic, Spanish Castle Magic and Machine Gun.

Since you appear to be a Hendrix fan, I'll ask you-do you think Hendrix is an acquired taste?

Because I have all 3 studio albums (plus his greatest hits) in my itunes (which I borrowed from a friend and imported) yet haven't listened to him more than once or twice.

But in regards to this thread, I've finally gotten over my obsession with Spaceman to listen to the rest of Day & Age completely, and think Losing Touch would be great for another Killers packs along with Read My Mind, Move Away, and All These Things That I've Done.

Bl°°dwolf
01-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Since you appear to be a Hendrix fan, I'll ask you-do you think Hendrix is an acquired taste?

Maybe for some. I am older and grew up listening to "classic rock" 90% of the time (which back in the late 70's to late 80's meant early 60's to mid 70's) and it was hard not to gain an appreciation for someone of Jimi's visionary style.

Shit. I felt old a few years back when Charlie Bronson died and most of the guys at work were like "Who?". They hadn't seen any of his movies, which aside from the mediocre deathwish series were quite good actually. Lost a lot of great authors, actors and musicians lately. A lot of younger people not knowing or caring enough to know about any of them.

Jebus that got me feeling maudlin.

Mad World
01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Maybe for some. I am older and grew up listening to "classic rock" 90% of the time (which back in the late 70's to late 80's meant early 60's to mid 70's) and it was hard not to gain an appreciation for someone of Jimi's visionary style.

Yea, I think he's just not my style, for I'm a classic rock guy, too. It's just weird though, since I typically enjoy guitar tracks. Oh well.

But yea, today's society sucks. I'm a young guy myself, and can't stand the total lack of appreciation or musical taste of today's youth.

Cynicalfate
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
id love to see some hardcore bands

like emmure

or the devil wears prada

all shall perish stuff like that

the drums would be so intense :D

JrdRIOT
01-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I'd love some more Paramore & Underoath.

krucifiedkevin
01-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Or actually, some Minutemen would be awesome, or some of Mike and George's follow-up band fIREHOSE
the bass and drumming style of these guys is something that doesn't get enough praise, and is unlike anything i've played in RB before. Always, there isn't that much punk in RB.
I could wrote a lot about why Mike Watt is the best bassist ever, but i'm sure no one cares :D
Apart from that rumoured Skunk Anansie song, but that has been a rumour for far too long with no confirmation. And i know it shouldn't matter, but it's food for thought no?

damnn!! i love minutemen! i saw them on the last tour, what a freaking drag that D. Boon died... Mike Watt is amazing..
i saw Skunk Anansie open for H. Rollins years ago, amazing!!!

i would like to see more of the 80s hardcore. i mean if dead kennedys, bad religion, social distortion etc can get on this then bands like:
AGNOSTIC FRONT
G.B.H
BROKEN BONES
the BUSINESS
and where is mr. Rollins stuff anyways? he has been selling and marketing himself since forever!!!

Janca5
01-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Atreyu or some Bullet For My Valentine should def be some dlc

Luriden
01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
I'd love to have a Queen album, preferably not "A Night At The Opera" though since it has too many filler tracks without much guitar. "News Of The World" or "Sheer Heart Attack" would be great.

Also, Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness" would just be epic as hell.

loozered
01-27-2009, 10:56 AM
damnn!! i love minutemen! i saw them on the last tour, what a freaking drag that D. Boon died... Mike Watt is amazing..
i saw Skunk Anansie open for H. Rollins years ago, amazing!!!

i would like to see more of the 80s hardcore. i mean if dead kennedys, bad religion, social distortion etc can get on this then bands like:
AGNOSTIC FRONT
G.B.H
BROKEN BONES
the BUSINESS
and where is mr. Rollins stuff anyways? he has been selling and marketing himself since forever!!!
I'd love to see Liar by Henry Rollins Band, or some Black Flag stuff in there. And BF have had their music in games before, so i don't see why they wouldn't let RB have some.

oh, and you're a lucky bastard mate xD I'd kill to have seen Minutemen before Boon's death. Or Skunk Anansie when they started out, their first album is amazing!

krucifiedkevin
01-28-2009, 01:05 AM
I'd love to see Liar by Henry Rollins Band, or some Black Flag stuff in there. And BF have had their music in games before, so i don't see why they wouldn't let RB have some.

oh, and you're a lucky bastard mate xD I'd kill to have seen Minutemen before Boon's death. Or Skunk Anansie when they started out, their first album is amazing!

yeah but at the time, seeing Minutemen was great.
sad thing is i never picked up any of skunk anansie music after seeing them..

the song that would be hilarious in rock band is an old song by Bad Religion called "frogger", it started out with the music of the game frogger... "playing frogger with my life" that would be ironic... although i dont think the majority of people knew bad religion exsisted before the mid 90s....

the Descendants would be funnie to see as well...
and i really wished Social Distortion would have done a different song.. why not something off of mommys little monster, or prison bound...

Grizzlegrom
01-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Three Days Grace "Three Days Grace" Album
Papa Roach "Last Resort"
The offspring "Conspiracy of One" or "Greatest Hits" Albums

FruityExplosion
01-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Monster Magnet - Space Lord

Maka
01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
New and Revised DLC Wishlist:
Legend:
(L) - Vocal problem. i.e. No Words, Screamo
(D) - No Drums
(R) - Already Released
(*) - Band might not need Pack, singles instead?
OR - Can't decide between the two or more songs

Singles:
Alien Ant Farm - These Days
Apocalyptica - I Dont Care
Bedouin Soundclash - Walls Fall Down
Europe - The Final Countdown
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Goldfinger - Superman (Tony Hawk 1 Song)
Good Charlotte - The River
Jerry C. - Canon Rock (L)
Jimmy Eat World - PainThe Killers- Somebody Told Me
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns (L)
Marianas Trench - Shaketramp
Nickelback - You Remind Me
The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Papa Roach - Scars
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
Relient K - Pressing On
Shinedown - I dare you
The Used - The bird and the Worm

Packs: (Bands)
AlexisonFire Pack 01
- Accidents (L)
- No Transitory (L)
- This could be anywhere in the World (L)

Billy Talent Pack 01 (*)
- The Ex
- River Below
- Fallen Leaves

Blink-182 Pack 01
- First Date
- What's my Age Again? OR I Miss You
- Always

Fallout Boy Pack 01
- 7 Minutes in Heaven
- The Takeover, the breaks over
- Dance, Dance

Linkin Park Pack 01
- What I've Done
- Crawlin'
- From the Inside

Mobile Pack 01 (*)
- Dusting down the Stars
- Out of my Head
- See right through me

Panic! at the Disco Pack 01
- Camisado (Relax Relapse)
- I Write sin not Tragedies
- Lying is the most fun a girl can have...

Paramore Pack 01
- Misery Business
- For a Pessimist, I'm pretty Optimistic.
- Rewind

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pack 01
- The Grim Goodbye
- Face Down
- You Better Pray

Rise Against Pack 01 [Possible Large Pack]
- Like the Angel OR Heaven Knows
- The Good Left Undone OR Paper Wings
- Re-Education OR Audience of One

Skillet Pack 01
- Savior
- Rebirthing
- Whispers in the Dark

Sum41 Pack 01 (*)
- Underclass Hero
- Some Say
- With Me

Three Days Grace Pack 01 (*)
- Never Too Late
- Animal I have Become
- I Hate everything about you

Yellowcard Pack 01
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Yellowcard - Only One
Yellowcard - Way Away

Packs: (Various Bands)
Cut Myself Pack:
illScarlet - Nothing Special
My Chemical Romance - Helena
30 Seconds to Mars - From Yesterday

Intense Pack: (Warning: This pack includes heavy screaming, but the songs are quality, trust)
Protest the Hero - Sequoia Throne (L)
Bullet for My Valentine - Tears dont Fall (L)
The Fall of Troy - Reassurance Rests in the Sea (L)

Soft Voices Pack:
Boy Like Girls - Let Go (D)
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
System of a Down - Lonely Day

Songs with Numbers Pack:
All That Remains - Six
Bullet for My Valentine - Room 409 (L)
Fall of Troy - Act One, Scene One (L)

Bands with Numbers Pack:
3 Doors Down - Superman Kryponite
+44 - When your heart stops beating
Maroon 5 - Won't go home without you
Matchbox 20 - How far We've Come

daviduk2000
02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
the hoosiers : (cops n robbers, goodbye mr.A and worried about ray)
the Zutons ( valerie, HATE winehouse version)
Queen (dont stop me now)
chelsea dagger

the killers, Human and somebody told me (though human will prob never come now thnx GHWT)

The FlamedLiquid
02-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm hoping for some more Rob Zombie and Papa Roach. Would also love to see some Van Halen, 3 Days Grace, and Saliva

Mad World
02-02-2009, 02:04 AM
the killers, Human and somebody told me (though human will prob never come now thnx GHWT)

eh, I don't think GHWT will affect anything regarding Human in RB. Neversoft has been making bands exclusive, not just songs.

so it's still possible. I just wouldn't expect to see another Killers pack so soon however, as there was one in late November. I'd love to though. a big pack: Read My Mind, Move Away, Losing Touch, Human, and All These Things That I've Done.

daviduk2000
02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
what do killers fans think f jenny was a friend of mine?
im not too sure theres one bit that i like but in general its not one of my faves. and it doesnt sound like it would be great fun to play.

i like bones aswell

i like the chorus of dont shoot me santa, but dislike the rest of it

Mad World
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
what do killers fans think f jenny was a friend of mine?
im not too sure theres one bit that i like but in general its not one of my faves. and it doesnt sound like it would be great fun to play.

i like bones aswell

i like the chorus of dont shoot me santa, but dislike the rest of it

Jenny Was a Friend of Mine is pretty 'meh' for me. It's alright, but personally not the biggest fan. Bones is a much better song, but I think it can get rather annoying.

Regarding Don't Shoot Me Santa, I actually haven't heard it yet. I didn't buy any of those iTunes singles they released. I'm one of those guys who has to have full albums and their iTunes in perfect order. Oh well.

Favorite Killers song is now Spaceman. I don't know how many time I've listened to that over the past few months. Great song, catchy lyrics, genius.

Sniper Riflez
02-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd love

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire (Album)
In Flames - My Sweet Shadow (Song)
Killswitch Engage - My Last Serenade (Song)
Machine Head- Halo (Song)
Parkway Drive Track Pack (Any three)
Rise Against Track Pack (Any decent three)
Sea of Treachery Track Pack (Any three)
Trivium Track Pack (Any Three)
As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle (Song)
Avenged Sevenfold Track Pack (Any decent three)

JohnnyR74
02-03-2009, 05:23 AM
I would LOVE a Muse pack.

Muse Pack 01:
New Born
Time Is Running Out
Invincible

Feel free to add/replace songs :)

loozered
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I would LOVE a Muse pack.

Muse Pack 01:
New Born
Time Is Running Out
Invincible

Feel free to add/replace songs :)
I'll replace them all with Minutemen songs.

Andreas_loel
02-04-2009, 07:02 AM
1: Bullet for my valentine - The poison
Would be so fucking epic, one of my favorite albums of all time.
2: MOAR RISE AGAINST
Seriously give me Tip the scales, i want it nao.

Wouldnt mind seeing some swedish bands get some love either, seems like everyone except the Fail hero world tour people didnt. But then again Kent is a worthless band.
Show some love for In flames, Sonic syndicate etc. Would love to play Crawl trough knives and Psychic suicide on Drums

Colonel Muffinz
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Cut Myself Pack:
- Numb
- What I've Done
- Crawlin'

:3

I would not mind another punk pack tbh. I'd love some Leftover Crack/Operation Ivy in Rock Band but I doubt it'd happen.

Ever.

Norman Coxwell
02-06-2009, 01:02 AM
I'd kill to see some Doors.

Also how kickass would it be to have the Scooby Doo Where Are You theme song? You know you want it and you know you love that bass line.

Mad World
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I'd kill to see some Doors.

Also how kickass would it be to have the Scooby Doo Where Are You theme song? You know you want it and you know you love that bass line.

I believe that The Doors are exclusive to Guitar Hero. I'd say it's possible that we'll see some Doors, but I remember what'shisname at E3 said that "Along with exclusives from Van Halen and The Doors!..." or something of that matter. I don't think they're quite as exclusive as Metallica or Aerosmith, but then again I haven't read the contract they signed.

Regarding Scooby-Doo, I would definitely pay for that, even if it is only 45 seconds. A must-buy. If MTV/Viacom owned Cartoon Network, then maybe we'd have a shot, but sadly, they don't. Scooby-Doo was my favorite show growing up, and if I see it on, I'll watch it. In fact, I was channel surfing the other day and came across Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf. I watched the whole thing. Too bad that the show has gone slightly downhill-today's children are sure missing out...

Colonel Muffinz
02-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Watch us get the Simple Plan version of The Scooby Doo Theme Song from that shitty show "What's New Scooby Doo?".

Norman Coxwell
02-06-2009, 02:13 AM
YouTube - Good Burger Soundtrack-Were all Dudes

alex31991
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, where to begin....there's soo many bands and songs that i would love to see on Rock Band

I want Slipknot, Trivium, Divine Heresy, Gojira, Rammstein, more Devildriver, more Dream Theater...some more OLD Metallica (good stuff) and Korn

I mean honestly, why isn't Slipknot or Korn on there yet? they've only sold millions of albums worldwide...its not like they wouldn't make money from them...unlike some of these bands they keep releasing that no one's ever heard of

Oh, and "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry would be a fun song to goof off to xD

loozered
02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
unlike some of these bands they keep releasing that no one's ever heard of
God, i'm really not gunna make any friends here by doing this again :| but still.

Just because you haven't heard of a band, doesn't mean that no one has. Big difference.

daviduk2000
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
i asked for fratellis and they gave me em:) but not the ONE i wanted, i want chelsea dagger.

and yeah Spaceman > human, everyone says human is best killers song, but hell no SPACEMAN i to have listened to it about 100 times and played it like 30

Xerofox
02-06-2009, 08:20 PM
My wishlist

Finger Eleven:
Paralyzer
Good Times
Other Light

Rise Against:
Ready to Fall
Dancing for Rain
Entertainment

Avenged Sevenfold:
Unholy Confessions
Bat Country
Scream

All that Remains:
A song for the Hopeless
The air that I breathe
And death in my arms

Papa Roach:
The world around you
Between angels and Insects
Dead Cell

Three Days Grace:
On my Own
I hate everything about you
Animal I have become

Breaking Benjamin:
Whole "Phobia" and "We are not Alone" albums

The Butterfly Effect:
A slow Descent
Take it away
Sum of 1
One second of Insanity
In these Hands

DakidJose
02-08-2009, 06:43 AM
For people who bought and liked Guns N' Roses " Chinese Democracy".I got this from an interview from RollingStone.com.I like some songs from this so I will buy at least 3 songs from the album.

Rose also said that Chinese Democracy will be heading to Rock Band on February 28th, but MTV Games told Billboard the release date has been shifted to the spring.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/06/axl-rose-gives-first-chinese-democracy-interview-says-hell-never-reunite-with-slash/

Mad World
02-08-2009, 07:34 AM
For people who bought and liked Guns N' Roses " Chinese Democracy".I got this from an interview from RollingStone.com.I like some songs from this so I will buy at least 3 songs from the album.

Rose also said that Chinese Democracy will be heading to Rock Band on February 28th, but MTV Games told Billboard the release date has been shifted to the spring.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/06/axl-rose-gives-first-chinese-democracy-interview-says-hell-never-reunite-with-slash/

Nice find. of course I had seen Axl's statement months ago, but I didn't expect it to actually surface. Kinda disappointed-it's a pretty below-average album.

I don't typically question Harmonix's DLC decisions, but I have to regarding this subject. I'm sure that the band (Axl) had some say in it of course, but how does Harmonix choose a disappointing, low-selling, poorly-reviewed album over a platinum-selling, highly acclaimed Appetite For Destruction? (or even any of the other albums)

I really hope there's some legal reason behind this decision (that is, if it's even true :P) because Chinese Democracy, to me, is a waste of a decade.

Bl°°dwolf
02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
because Chinese Democracy, to me, is a waste of 13 plus years.

Fixed it for you.

Mad World
02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Fixed it for you.

much appreciated

SebastianSB
02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I really hope there's some legal reason behind this decision (that is, if it's even true :P) because Chinese Democracy, to me, is a waste of a decade.

Bands tend to say "these songs, or no songs" or vice-versa. HMX was negotiating with Cake a while ago and they wanted to use The Distance. Cake didn't want them to use The Distance and this is the last we've heard about the situation...in months.

I'll wait til I see charts on Chinese Democracy (assuming it comes out) before I pass judgment. I was never a GnR fan so I don't have any bias against it and it might actually be fun to play in-game.

Norman Coxwell
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM
You know what? I'd love to see some Rolling Stones. Anyone else with me on this one?

Bl°°dwolf
02-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm with you. Always good to have more stones. They have an incredibly large catalog to pull from. Though if Harmonix is listening: you really need to stop putting backup vocal tracks in as player phrases.

SebastianSB
02-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Finger Eleven:
Paralyzer
Good Times
Other Light

Three Days Grace:
On my Own
Animal I have become

Definitely agree. I'm pretty irked that Rock Revolution of all games has these bands and we don't.

blayde
02-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Smooth- santana
Date rape- Sublime
Take on me- reel big fish cover

That would rock! I'm sure they could make a pack of these really or atleast sublime and santana and another song.

also Green day- American idiot, holiday and jesus of suburbia (whole album? would be pretty awesome)

I think 'dance, dance' could be fun but although I like fall out boy their newer songs (folie A duex) would be too slow and vocal based maybe a mix of infinity on high and from under the cork tree- 'Dance,dance', 'Carpel tunnel of love' and 'Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued' Would be nice

some more coheed and cambria would be quite awesome too, 'the running free', 'red blood summer', 'feathers' (I prefer vocals on C&C songs:))

bconrad56
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I would love some Led Zeppelin. They have a huge catalogue to choose from, so pick some, damnit!

Bl°°dwolf
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I would love some Led Zeppelin. They have a huge catalogue to choose from, so pick some, damnit!

It's not a matter of Harmonix not wanting any. It's a matter of the artists not wanting their songs in a rock game, or the monetary compensation being far too great for gaining said songs.

TA Sasuke
02-08-2009, 11:28 PM
It's not a matter of Harmonix not wanting any. It's a matter of the artists not wanting their songs in a rock game, or the monetary compensation being far too great for gaining said songs.

This. I was also very surprised that any Jimi Hendrix songs that weren't covers got into these games, though i'm sure if Jimi was alive today he would say "It's cool, brotha."

Mad World
02-08-2009, 11:47 PM
This. I was also very surprised that any Jimi Hendrix songs that weren't covers got into these games, though i'm sure if Jimi was alive today he would say "It's cool, brotha."

Well, his granddaughter or niece or someone owns the rights, and I heard she was tempted by some cash from Activision... (there's a link to the story somewhere in this thread.)

But yea, he'd probably be pretty cool with it. Whenever I play songs by dead musicians, I always wonder, "Would he/she have been okay with this?" Usually the subject is Kurt Cobain. Still undecided, but leaning towards no.

TA Sasuke
02-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Well, his granddaughter or niece or someone owns the rights, and I heard she was tempted by some cash from Activision... (there's a link to the story somewhere in this thread.)

But yea, he'd probably be pretty cool with it. Whenever I play songs by dead musicians, I always wonder, "Would he/she have been okay with this?" Usually the subject is Kurt Cobain. Still undecided, but leaning towards no.

Kurt would have been like "Fuck that, i dont need corporations constricting me" or maybe he would have matured in the 15 years since his death and would be ok with it. Not trying to start a shitstorm with nirvana fans.

Longhorns
02-09-2009, 12:46 AM
I would like to see Incubus - Dig.

Amenazamenor360
02-09-2009, 01:35 AM
SINGLE TRACKS

Refused - New noise
Pennywise - Time marches on
Strung Out - Calling
Boysetsfire - Walk astray
I Am Ghost - Beyond the hourglass
Metallica - Welcome home (sanitarium)
Coheed and Cambria - The running free
Queens Of The Stone Age - Song for the dead
Emanuel - The hey man!
Ignite - Veteran
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep
The Briggs - Charge into the sun
Strike Anywhere - To the world

TRACK PACKS

Audioslave track pack:
I am the highway
Show me how to live
Be yourself

Bad Religion track pack:
Modern man
It's a long way (to the promised land)
Suffer

Bullet For My Valentine track pack:
Hand of blood
All these things I hate (revolve around me)
Tears don't fall

Comeback Kid track pack:
Our distance
Wake the dead
Broadcasting

Rage Against The Machine track pack:
Killing in the name of
Bulls on parade
Sleep now in the fire
Bullet in the head
Calm like a bomb
Guerrilla radio

Muse track pack:
Time is running out
Knights of cydonia
New born

Pearl jam track pack:
Spin the black circle
I am mine
Go

Minor threat track pack:
Minor threat
Little friend
In my eyes

Old school punk track pack:
Black Flag - Nervous breakdown
Bad Brains - Attitude
Circle Jerks - Back against the wall

FULL ALBUMS

Rise Against - The sufferer and the witness
System Of A Down - Toxicity
Thrice - Vheissu
Thursday - War all the time

And some spanish music!!

Such as:

Barricada - Rojo
Habeas Corpus - La rabia y los sue˝os
Boikot - Tierra quemada
Extremoduro - Quemando mis recuerdos

And more....!

loozered
02-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Kurt would have been like "Fuck that, i dont need corporations constricting me" or maybe he would have matured in the 15 years since his death and would be ok with it. Not trying to start a shitstorm with nirvana fans.
I'd like to think that people like Kurt would be savvy enough to know which company is a money-hungry conglomerate spitting out sub-standard products, and which company is made up of solely passionate musicians who are probably big fans of Nirvana. And i'd like to think he'd be smart enough to know why Harmonix is so fucking fantastic, and why he should allow them to use his songs.

Colonel Muffinz
02-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Moar Suicidal Tendencies
Moar Rancid
Moar Operation Ivy
Moar Crackrocksteady punk bands (pfft yeah right)

Bl°°dwolf
02-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Moar Suicidal Tendencies

More? I'd take any. I'd really love "I'll Hate You Better".

I'd also like some Puddle of Mudd.

deano ward
02-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Here's my wishlist:-

Reuben - Deadly Lethal Ninja Assasin
Capdown - Bitches And Nike Shoes
Billy Talent - Perfect World
Fightstar - Palahniuk's Laughter
CKY - Rio Bravo
Manic Street Preachers - Archives Of Pain
Him -Soul On Fire
Fun lovin Criminals - The Fun Lovin Crimanal
Pendlum - Granite (Live Version)
Silverchair - Freak
Trey Parker - America, Fuck Yeah!
Oasis - Fuckin In The Bushes
The Police - King Of Pain
Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
RATM - Killing In The Name
Goldfinger - Open your Eyes
John Lennon - Cold Turkey

Bl°°dwolf
02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Here's my wishlist:-

The Police - King Of Pain
John Lennon - Cold Turkey

Very awesome tracks that aren't well known.

loozered
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Capdown - Bitches And Nike Shoes
FUCK YES!
That would be amazing. Ska Wars might be even better! Or both, in a three pack, along with their cover of Trick Me.
i saw Capdown at one of their last ever gigs, and it was so amazing, fucking awesome live band

Mad World
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Very awesome tracks that aren't well known.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't King of Pain #1 on several boards for a few weeks? At least I thought so...

Regardless of that fact though, I see your point that it's not as well known compared to songs like Every Breath You Take, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, or even Message in a Bottle or Don't Stand So Close To Me. (Geez, typing that out, The Police have got some long-ass song titles!)

King of Pain is my favorite Police track, though, and I'd love to see it in Rock Band. Perhaps when The Police Track Pack 2 rolls around (and I expect it to), it will happen, along with Don't Stand So Close To Me and another track.

Bl°°dwolf
02-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't King of Pain #1 on several boards for a few weeks? At least I thought so...

It is one of their lesser known hits. As far as 'billboard' or whichever you prefer, you are talking ~25 years ago... A lot of hammerheads on these messageboards werent even born back then. I'm just praising good taste ;)

And The Police had a lot of excellent songs. I'm happy we got what we did, but I'd take more if they gave them to us...

krucifiedkevin
02-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Moar Suicidal Tendencies
Moar Rancid
Moar Operation Ivy
Moar Crackrocksteady punk bands (pfft yeah right)

lmao! suicidal, i would laugh my ass off especially "subliminal" or "instititionalized"(all i wanted was a pepsi!!!)

i always thought operation ivy was overrated. Rancid kicked ass, they brought attention to alot of old bands(OI! ska! and punk/hardcore) but at the same time they stayed around too long..

why no psycho-billie? the cramps, nekromantix, tiger army, etc... hell even stray cats and brian setzer orch.

the most ironic song to put on would be the old Dead Kennedys song "MTV GET OFF THE AIR"

Colonel Muffinz
02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
(all i wanted was a pepsi!!!)

http://www.sing365.com/icons/ecblank.gif
I was in my room and I was just like staring at the wall thinking about everything, but then again I was thinking about nothing. And then my mom came in, and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name and I didn't hear her and then she started screaming “MIKE, MIKE!” And I go “what? Whats the matter?” She goes “WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU?” I go “theres nothing wrong, mom.” Shes all “DON'T TELL ME THAT! YOU'RE ON DRUGS!” I go “no mom I'm not on drugs. I'm ok, I'm just thinking, you know? Why don't you get me a Pepsi?” She goes “NO! YOU'RE ON DRUGS!” I go “mom, I'm ok. I'm just thinking.” She goes “NO, YOU'RE NOT THINKING! YOU'RE ON DRUGS! NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T BE ACTING THAT WAY!” I go “mom, just get me a Pepsi! Please, all I want is a Pepsi!” And she wouldn't give it to me! All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me! Just a Pepsi!

krucifiedkevin
02-11-2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.sing365.com/icons/ecblank.gif
I was in my room and I was just like staring at the wall thinking about everything, but then again I was thinking about nothing. And then my mom came in, and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name and I didn't hear her and then she started screaming ôMIKE, MIKE!ö And I go ôwhat? Whats the matter?ö She goes ôWHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU?ö I go ôtheres nothing wrong, mom.ö Shes all ôDON'T TELL ME THAT! YOU'RE ON DRUGS!ö I go ôno mom I'm not on drugs. I'm ok, I'm just thinking, you know? Why don't you get me a Pepsi?ö She goes ôNO! YOU'RE ON DRUGS!ö I go ômom, I'm ok. I'm just thinking.ö She goes ôNO, YOU'RE NOT THINKING! YOU'RE ON DRUGS! NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T BE ACTING THAT WAY!ö I go ômom, just get me a Pepsi! Please, all I want is a Pepsi!ö And she wouldn't give it to me! All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me! Just a Pepsi!

then after that they(suicidal)went all metal with "join the army".. damn i hated that so many bands went the metal-thrash way.. D.R.I., CORROSION OF CONFORMITY.(if you ever get a chance to hear their first album its pure hardcore heaven)TSOL went rock when the singer left, WARZONE did a metal album, AGNOSTIC FRONT went very metal for awhile. god it sucked...
then grunge hit and i knew the punk/hardcore scene i grew up in was gone..

Colonel Muffinz
02-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Meh as long as Stza Crack (from Leftover Crack, Star Fucking Hipsters, Choking Victim) is alive I will continue to love hardcore punk.

Norman Coxwell
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
FreeCreditReport.com pack

All 5 songs, and of course, free. (excluding the rapish one)

daenius
02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
another great one:

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

the bassline alone justifies bringing this song to RB :)

Vivi
02-15-2009, 08:20 AM
My wishlist

Finger Eleven:
Paralyzer
Good Times
Other Light

Rise Against:
Ready to Fall
Dancing for Rain
Entertainment

Avenged Sevenfold:
Unholy Confessions
Bat Country
Scream

All that Remains:
A song for the Hopeless
The air that I breathe
And death in my arms

Papa Roach:
The world around you
Between angels and Insects
Dead Cell

Three Days Grace:
On my Own
Animal I have become

Breaking Benjamin:
Whole "Phobia" and "We are not Alone" albums

The Butterfly Effect:
A slow Descent
Take it away
Sum of 1
One second of Insanity
In these Hands

not a bad list.

Main band I'd like to see is Saliva.

SebastianSB
02-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd like to have a bit of Dr. Horrible in this game :p would be a riot. Short tracks though if I remember correctly so they should only be 80msp...and only tracks by NPH. Captain Hammer was annoying.

I'd also like them to add a third track to all those bands we only have two songs for...I like challenges! give me more! lol

we only have two tracks for (kiddie bands skipped...):

Beastie Boys
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tick? Pin?
Panic at the Disco
Thenewno2
Paramore
Radiohead
Shinedown
Sonic Youth
Squeeze
Sweet
Testament
The Cab
The Hives
Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey!!!
Ghost Hounds
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives
Iron Maiden
Jethro Tull
KISS
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird?
Tokio Hotel
Coheed and Cambria
Blink-182
Dream Theater
Faith No More
Freezepop
Garbage
Bon Jovi
Deep Purple - Smoke on Water?
30 Seconds to Mars - Beautiful Lie?
Anarchy Club

Bl°°dwolf
02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Shinedown
Iron Maiden

I like Shinedown's new single 'Second Chance' a lot.

Also Since 'Run to the Hills' is not exportable there is only one Iron Maiden song available in RB2, and that is a cover, not a master.

Mad World
02-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Radiohead
Iron Maiden
Jethro Tull
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird?
Deep Purple - Smoke on Water?

Would love to see more Radiohead. My Iron Lung is one of my favorite songs to play in the game. Perhaps we'll see an In Rainbows pack where we choose how much to pay? ...

Iron Maiden won't be happening, but would love to see more. (They hate MTV or something.) As for Jethro Tull, I expect to see more at some point. I expected to see some tracks from the Christmas Album in December, but since there wasn't, I think a track pack is in order, if not the rest of Aqualung.

We need more Deep Purple though. Smoke on the Water is an obvious choice, but they have a pretty deep collection. As for Freebird, I'm still slightly ticked it's not in the game already. I was fully expecting it to be the 500th song to be released in the series, but that honor went to the Naked Brothers Band. Perhaps Harmonix will make a bigger deal about the 1000th song and it'll release then...

Colonel Muffinz
02-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Game needs Mastodon pack.

Norman Coxwell
02-16-2009, 12:33 AM
What this needs is some Donovan

Hurdy Gurdy Man
Brabajagel
Riki Tiki Tavi
Mellow Yellow
Wear Your Love Like Heaven
There Is A Mountain
Atlantis
Epistle To Dippy
Sunshine Superman

All could work. Some more than others but still.

Bl°°dwolf
02-16-2009, 02:09 AM
When you've made your mind up forever to be mine...

Mad World
02-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Quick question since I'm too lazy to look it up:

Has there been any Smashing Pumpkins/Paramore/any other band that had band members in GHWT DLC since GHWT came out?

Because I just came across some article where it said the singer of Motorhead was being put into GH:Metallica, and I got thinking, "Will we see anymore Smashing Pumpkins, Police/Sting, Sabbath/Ozzy, Ted Nugent, Black Label Society, Paramore, Jimi Hendrix, or Blink 182 DLC in Rock Band, or did GHWT having musicians from those bands destroy any chance of more RB DLC?"

I think that Hendrix and Black Sabbath are lost causes, since they're both rumored to at some point have a full GH game, as well as Paranoid not being exportable. But do you think everyone else is safe? Because I'd love to see some more Pumpkins and Police DLC.

EDIT: Just after posting, I realized that Blink 182's Dammit was released as RB DLC post-GHWT. So, I'm slightly at ease.