PDA

View Full Version : Death System

Destro
10-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Am i the only one kind of being surprise and a little bit upset by this death systeme. I mean, its been a while i haven't played the N64 version, but if you died, you died, you had to start back, i don't remember if there was checkpoint but you restart way back. Now its like this, you advance, oh no big monster ahead, get kill, rewind 20 seconds before, switch your gun and all, and then you can easily kill them, its kind of like having unlimited health.

There is a reason why there is 4 level of difficulty....

The game is still awesome, better on a graphic side and all, but when i finish it i will kind of feel like it was easy... Its much different than Doom where you can save where you want on Live Arcade, but at least you have to save all the time, so i don't think people save every 30 secondes...

mjc0961
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
You can not use it if it really bothers you. Just let it respawn you and then reload your last save. Or rewind back to the start of the level.

ReverendPhill
10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm like you in that I never played the n64 version...hell I didn't even know they put it out for N64. I like the death system though. It just strikes me as cool. Different strokes, different folks.

RRIKER
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I'd like to think they re-engineered this for those who don't have a lot of time to play (ie - those of us that played it when it first came out and now have jobs and kids named "duke"). But at least there is an option to A: review what you did wrong and B: respawn at start if you want. No skin off my nose

Daargoth
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I personally enjoyed it, except on boss levels where I had to restart the level with just the pistol, so I had to reload my older savestate.

but overall it's good :)