PDA

View Full Version : Irony in Duke Match achievements

KingSigy
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
My friend and I decided to do Ranked One on One matches to get to our 100, 250 and 500 kill achievements. We played for around an hour until he got the 100 achievement, then he let me get my remaining kills up to the same amount. I shot an RPG at his face and killed myself, not doing a thing to him and Achievement Unlocked, 100 kills.
So, we wondered, Does killing yourself get you these achievements? We started and Exited One on Ones until we got to the football arena level, with plenty of explosives. We spent an hour killing ourselves another 150 times and Achievement Unlocked, 250 kills.
The point of this story, Suicides count as kills on the leaderboards for some reason. If you want, go ahead and use this (rather fun) method of kill farming. We accidently stumbled upon this, but there is no reason why I should keep it a secret.

Nevander
10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Lmao. I will remember that when I pick up rocket launchers, pipe bombs, devastators, and trip bombs.

mjc0961
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I did that in a 4 person match the other day. Two people left, and it was a big level so I couldn't find the other guy. I decided to look for bombs and kill myself instead.