PDA

View Full Version : Fall 360 Update

CRAZYWHITEMAN
10-02-2008, 11:11 PM
WTH? Is it me or does anyone hate this? We get avatars!?! That is Wii kid stuff what about our Gamer Pics & Themes we spent like 8000 points on? I liked the bold look on our dashboard now we have these avatars. THIS IS MADNESS!!! There should be a option for this update. I can't even post my anger on Xbox.com. Just for that Im making my character a jewish black chick with a mohawk that will symbolize my hate & anger for this insanity. But I will say I like the features such as watching streamed movies from Netflix now you can just watch it as soon as it comes out. BTW when exactly does this come out? Well Id like to hear wut everyone thinks about this so please do share your opinion.

xRogue 5x
10-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Give in to the awesomeness of avatars. There is so much good stuff coming with this update that although i'm not too excited about the avatars i'll forgive them for it.

In the end I think most will end up liking them especially if there is some good customization with them.

AndRr3zZ
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
i really want this update because i like change or/and new ideas. Sometimes people gets bored from the same like me and not all the people spent 8000 Microsoft points in gamer pics and/or themes between, i heard that you will can use your themes and gamer pics so don't worry.

CRAZYWHITEMAN
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Do you know happens to our GP? If we don't keep them I at least want a refund. Well we should get a web browser with the update like the PS3 & download pics & music right off the internet

AntiMacro
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Not to get in the way of a great ignorance filled rant, but if you don't want to use the avatar and all that crap you don't need to. You can keep the old theme and gamerpic - they've said that time and time again.

Zee
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Do you know happens to our GP? If we don't keep them I at least want a refund. Well we should get a web browser with the update like the PS3 & download pics & music right off the internet
Your themes and gamer pictures are still going to be used. Instead of seeing a private picture and a public picture, your friends will see your avatar. your themes will replace the grey background.

CRAZYWHITEMAN
10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Your themes and gamer pictures are still going to be used. Instead of seeing a private picture and a public picture, your friends will see your avatar. your themes will replace the grey background.
Ok thankz I just saw wut it was like on Xbox.com they didnt say much about it & I only recently found out about it. But if no one sees your gamer pic wut is the point of having it?

CRAZYWHITEMAN
10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Not to get in the way of a great ignorance filled rant, but if you don't want to use the avatar and all that crap you don't need to. You can keep the old theme and gamerpic - they've said that time and time again.
Well OKAY MR. Nazi who exactly is they? Ive seen the E3 vid & all they said is they would have a avatar & showed some of the new features nothing about keeping you themes & gamer pics.

Jetpac
10-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Well OKAY MR. Nazi who exactly is they? Ive seen the E3 vid & all they said is they would have a avatar & showed some of the new features nothing about keeping you themes & gamer pics.

he is right though, it has been said by MS all along and asked/moaned about on this forum a million times.

hoernchen
10-03-2008, 01:04 AM
WTH? Is it me or does anyone hate this? We get avatars!?! That is Wii kid stuff what about our Gamer Pics & Themes we spent like 8000 points on? I liked the bold look on our dashboard now we have these avatars. THIS IS MADNESS!!! There should be a option for this update. I can't even post my anger on Xbox.com. Just for that Im making my character a jewish black chick with a mohawk that will symbolize my hate & anger for this insanity. But I will say I like the features such as watching streamed movies from Netflix now you can just watch it as soon as it comes out. BTW when exactly does this come out? Well Id like to hear wut everyone thinks about this so please do share your opinion.
I pity people like you.

Would a Mod or Admin consider closing this? I think racism and narrow mindedness don't belong on x360a...

Pootcrum
10-03-2008, 01:25 AM
OKAY then Mr. Nazi #2 well now its been a million & 1 times it has been said now let it be laid to rest

Dude you really need to calm down a bit. No need to go round calling people Nazis because they answered a question that has been asked a lot on this forum. Try having a really good search next time, its not hard to find.

Blackjaw x
10-03-2008, 01:27 AM
I can't wait for this update.

Everyone needs to stop being so anti-everything, and get their hair out of their faces.

Pootcrum
10-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Agreed. Whilst not all of it may suit my taste, there are a lot of great new features coming. I also just feel like a change to be honest.

Genesis x360a
10-03-2008, 01:57 AM
I also cant w8 for this update there are so many good things to come from it. I have over 400 Gamerpics and 50+ Themes but ohwell its only money right not like you can get a refund ;)

Skillet
10-03-2008, 01:59 AM
OKAY then Mr. Nazi #2 well now its been a million & 1 times it has been said now let it be laid to rest

He's an angry elf...

lol

THE STUFF'S IS STILL THERE!

Sorry for the yelling but I wanted to be Nazi number 3... :D

Tiberian
10-03-2008, 08:00 AM
To be honest, if you watch all the footage of Avatars, they aren't anywhere near as bad as "Mii's" are on the Wii (yes i own a Wii and can't stand that crap). While its not a feature i desire myself, i personally don't find it that bad. Most of you will get used to it eventually and i'm sure Microsoft mentioned somewhere you could disable Avatars if you wanted.

I'm looking forward to the fall update. 4 way private chat finally! :)

Daywalker-san
10-03-2008, 08:15 AM

I pity the fool, who cant get on the web with his 360.

Anyway, the new xbox update will be great for everyone. Avatars will provide a new form entertainment. The new interface is pure class, and looks and promotes a sense of high class

Falcongale
10-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Christ man, what the fuck is wrong with you? Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically a Nazi or a Jew. Go back to your hole, troll.

Call me whatever you want but if you want to ever survive on this site, drop the shitty attitute you little rat. I can put up with a lot of shit but I don't think the mods can.

Twat.

Adam Miller
10-03-2008, 08:19 AM
This threads getting locked for sure but first.... If it makes money it makes sense and bringing in avatars will make more kids want the 360 and games consoles are for kids primarily just bare that in mind...

RaistMajere
10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
yeah I'm not really 100% sure about the update being that I haven't seen enough video or photo previews but I'm sure that being they waited so long to release it there should be a lot to offer, and it should run alright.

as for the avatars, if they have enough options available to make a good default avi it might be worth a shot. but knowing microsoft, I am sure they will have LOADS of stuff they will me more than happy to SELL to you for a nice amount of points, lolz

btw, I'm not sure if this was posted yet. I got sick of the ranting and skimmed to the end buuuut... word on the street is the update "should" ship Oct 28

Inyaface13
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
I like the idea...
I do also like the "blades" and old themes to but the avatars gives us that extra expression that alot of people like...Hopefully they will have ALOT of options and different ways to customize your avatar and keep updating us with more clothes and stuff..

JayToukon
10-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Exciting times! I'm not too bothered about the avatars for now - maybe i'll change my mind once they're here. But as mentioned, it's possible to turn them off soooo....if anyone doesn't want them then just do that, no need to kick off about them.

Oh and to the racist - have you considered drinking bleach? You're the only 'nazi' in here, and 99% of modern society hate people like you - gogo banstick!

Glowin Smurff
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
or maybe you should both just bite your tongues and try to act like adults.

Glowin Smurff
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM
if you had a copy of OXM from last month it was in there in a bit of detail, if not, i'm sure there are some more indepth possible previews of it somewhere online, otherwise for some of the stuff we'll just have to wait and see like w/ previous releases of dashboards. and there hasn't ever really been a set date on them sometimes they just showed up.

Glowin Smurff
10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
i prefer publications focusing on 1 thing (OXM / PSM) otherwise things will get pushed aside, and they are a little biased since they are based on 1 system each but it covers them in depth a little more.

I'm a little beside myself about the new update, i'm sure it will eventually grow on me, but then again i've been used to this current setup now since before launch, so yeah, it's a bit akward and we'll just have to see exactly how the final product ends up..

and your welcome. (fighting online is like winning the special olympics....even if you win your still retarded) [no offense to *special* people]

wammy71
10-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I personally think that the avatars look sooooo much better looking then Miis. I hope they get integrated into some games like the miis have been.

BillyBobJoe7478
10-03-2008, 10:01 PM
the whole thing is kick ass i cant wait to make my avatar look like slash and all the rest of my favorite rockstars

kantizuni
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Anyway best feature is the streaming movies, gonna be great just watching the latest movies right there on your 360.

Huh? You know you can do that now. There are video rentals already available (not streaming, but downloaded), but you can stream any movie on your computer straight to your xbox.

Minty
10-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't know what the fuck your problem is, but you better drop that fucking attitude right now, or go find a different site to bug.

And I'm not a mod either, so go find one to complain to.