PDA

View Full Version : Hardcover Game Guide

ITD Soldierboy
10-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Alright, well I was able to expand my budget a little bit, and since I want to start to become a collector, I've decided to preorder the special editions of both the game, and the guide. First off, the regular guide is 5 dollars more than regular guides, which makes the collectors $34.99, since collector guides are usually 10 bucks more. First off, from my research, I found out that you get over two dozen extra pages of content, including art section, and in all, its a hardcover strategy guide. That in itself is worth the ten bucks extra in my opinion. Regular - 464 pgs, and Collectors - 496 pgs.

Plus when I called my local gamestop, they said that you get a free artbook, that isn't included with the collectors edition, but its a special promotion or something. Plus, just ordering the game in itself gave me a free soundtrack and poster.

The game, comes with a figurine, which is based off of a price at $5.99. The the art book, which is has hardcover and is over 100 pages, and I'm sure is at least worth 4 bucks. Plus you get a dvd, which is crap, but its still worth about 2 dollars, and then the lunch-box, which although I'm a little old for one, I still think its awesome. That would be worth maybe 10 bucks, since its made out of metal and is fully customized. With that I add it up to be around:

Fallot 3 Game: $59.99
Pip-Boy Bobble-Head: $5.99
Art Book: $4.99
Extra's DVD: $1.99
Customized Metal Lunch Box: $9.99

Total: $82.95

So thats a small savings of 2 dollars and 95 cents, but still, if you were to buy all the stuff separate, like from ebay, it will always be pushed up in price, so I'm saving more than when someone woul try to buy it.

So all in all, I'm a Fallout fan, and a Bethesda fan, as they have made Oblivion, which is a great game, so do you guys think that the guide and the game, both collectors editions are worth it?

I understand, many topics were made like this, but none are AS similar to mine.

DJbruce
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I have the Collecters edition pre-ordered both the game and the guide. Most people I know are calling me stupid for getting the guide. But I dont care :p.

kantizuni
10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
HARDCOVER COLLECTORS GUIDE!?!?!

I don't usually buy strategy guides for games (except for Blue Dragon), but if there is a hardcover guide for Fallout 3, i'm going to pre-order it in about an hour.

DJbruce
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
HARDCOVER COLLECTORS GUIDE!?!?!

I don't usually buy strategy guides for games (except for Blue Dragon), but if there is a hardcover guide for Fallout 3, i'm going to pre-order it in about an hour. Looks like this
http://images.play.com/bc/6847025x.jpg

I dont usualy buy Guides either. Well Mass effect but that came with the art book.

The Cripplers
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
That looks pretty sweet. I usually don't get the guides, but I may pick this one up.

ITD Soldierboy
10-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Yep. That's also the only reason why I'm getting the guide. But also, since this game is an RPG and its an open world, so it'll be good to have a guide to help complete the game faster and easier, and then I'll explore around.

Wanstall99
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
dont normally buy guides but i used one for part of oblivion and this is like oblivion with guns lol