PDA

View Full Version : XBox LIVE and the PES2009 debacle

MattyBoosh
10-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Just a quick heads up guys. Don't download the PES2009 demo as it will be incomplete, causing your 360 to crash and then when you reset, it will freeze when trying to sign back into LIVE.

Fix this issue by unplugging your Ethernet cable and delete the PES2009 demo from your HDD.

Don't know if it's happening with any other demo's from marketplace, but customer services told me that it was a known server issue affecting people who download PES2009 demo.

Hope this helps...

Pheonix_Assassin
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
wow you might have a point since ive dl that pes demo my xbox freezes thanks you should get rep for this

MattyBoosh
10-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Further reading online that its affecting many people, including 3 people on my friends list.

http://forums.xbox.com/23049571/ShowPost.aspx

Bax x360a
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Few, I was going to download that in a bit! Thanks for the heads up mate.

Darth Heyburt
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Just don't download it...the game is a piece of shit. How did they make last years game worse?

EvilestBean
10-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Just don't download it...the game is a piece of shit. How did they make last years game worse?
Before you start writing PES of why dont you download the demo and actually try it, then submit your petty comments.;)

My copy was fine I dont know if it was because while I downloaded it I went on an arcade game then I came of the arcade game then resumed the download but for some reason the download was not resuming ( and no it hadnt froze ) so I signed out then signed back in and it was downloading fine.

Jetpac
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Yep this happened to me aswell, however i re-downloaded it, now it works. obviously xbl was fked up before.

But as has been said it was very very dissapointing compared to fifa 2009 which is the one i will be buying. Konami are doing the same as EA did a few years back and just offering the same crap game year after year, fortunatly EA got their act together and keep improving. hopefully konami will follow suit next year.

radar616
10-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I just got a message from a friend telling me. I wasnt going to download it anyway, I cant stand football games.

CapnBeggs
10-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Awesome pal your a life saver!

I thought my live was broke and would never have worked that out!

SuperNova X2X
10-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Thank god I downlaoded the FIFA 09 demo instead. I definetaly won't be downloading this now.

Pez
10-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah it's odd, before I downloaded it, my 360 was fine, but now whenever I log into my profile sometimes it crashes/freezes. Only way around this is when I knock my 360 on with a game in.

Even then, if I press my Guide button, my whole 360 crashes/freezes. Doesn't happen on any of the other profiles on my 360.

Thanks for the heads up though, gonna investigate into this now. Much appreciated. :)

EDIT: Deleted the PES 2009 demo, everything's fine now.

It was actually represented by an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle when I went into memory, and that was AFTER it was fully downloaded.

How Microsoft let this pass is beyond me...

Halimbo2005
10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Before you start writing PES of why dont you download the demo and actually try it, then submit your petty comments.;)

My copy was fine I dont know if it was because while I downloaded it I went on an arcade game then I came of the arcade game then resumed the download but for some reason the download was not resuming ( and no it hadnt froze ) so I signed out then signed back in and it was downloading fine.

Well instead of calling it a petty comment, how about asking him if he's downloaded it. He has, and so have I.

Life Long Pro Evo Fan....and I'm saying, this game ...is SHIT!