PDA

View Full Version : Any real golfers out there?

Darth Rankine
10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I can't exactly say I'm a "real" golfer but I like to get out there and hit the ball a while. Anyone else out there ever play for real? When was the last time and where did you go?

The last time I played was back in the middle of August at the Myrtlewood Golf Course in Myrtle Beach SC.

TStroud13
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM
yea i actually worked at a golf course for the past 2 years. Recently quit. But ive been playin since i was 10, and during the 2 years i was working there, i played 2 or 3 times a week. (free :) )

Some Puppy
10-04-2008, 01:39 AM
I have a 3.4 handicap, but broke my collarbone last saturday. In a sling for 2 months.

When I golf, I usually go to The Oaks Golf Links. It was the only public course to make the Top 10 Golf Courses in New Hampshire.

I'm dying to play right now, but looks like my season is over :(

Darth Rankine
10-04-2008, 01:19 PM
yea i actually worked at a golf course for the past 2 years. Recently quit. But ive been playin since i was 10, and during the 2 years i was working there, i played 2 or 3 times a week. (free :) ) :bow:

Pouts in jealousy......

DCS 23
10-04-2008, 01:31 PM
i tried when i was about 19 but that shit is hard to play..

Steelhead
10-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I used to play 3-4 times a week but have slowed down in the past few years.

Last place I played was Lakeview Country Club (http://www.lakeviewresort.com/) in Morgantown, WV.

BulletMagnet Uk
10-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I like to play, but that by no means makes me a 'real' golfer.. I'm far too poor to be classed as that ;)

Ive only recently started playing regularly though and I am improving slowly. Play a round once a week/fortnight, weather permitting (can anyone say 'fairweather player' lol).

Dont have a handicap but I play with someone on a rather high 20 and am usually about 6/7 shots behind that! So that shows my lack of skill. But I do enjoy it a lot and having just bought my first decent set of clubs, am hoping to get out a bit more often and try and improve that swing :p

Last played: pitch and put @ Heaton Park, Manchester. Yesterday.
Last Propper course: Castle Hawke, Manchester. Last week.

tuckerp2006
10-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I used to play 3 times a week then work fitted a tracker on my van so now i have to work instead of bunking off to play golf. Boo Hoo. Even playing 3 times a week i was still very poor but extremly consistent, 6 on every hole!

Evol Error
12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I actually golf in real life.. but not professionally..

chinery26
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
im 14 and my handicap is 12

anusmonger
01-08-2009, 05:25 AM
im 14 and my handicap is 12

well arent u special?

just kiddin
if only i was that good when i was 14

ive been playin for about 8 or 9 years but not that good
started in a city league with some friends and just goofed of, then me and my dad would play alot and he helped me get semi-good for my age, then 2 years ago i only got out once all year(in michigan golfin is not that good and u dont got a ton of time to play) and now im not nearly as good as i was.

i still get out with my family, but thats bad cuz my mom only plays with my good set of clubs and she gets pissed if i ask to use one of them cuz she thinks they are hers so im always forced to use one of my dads old sets that im not used to:mad:

i usually play at one of the 2 public courses in my city which are nothin special, but my favorite course i have ever played was a course in Branson Missouri when i was on vacation a few years ago. Really tough but it was a super nice course that used to host a pga event, so u can kinda get a picture of why it was my fav.

irishrage251
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I've been playing since I was 6 or so. In high school now and I'm on the golf team. I haven't actually played since october or so, at Silver Lake CC in Orland Park, IL. But I've been going to a golf dome by my house, it's an indoor driving range. And from outside, looks like a giant golf ball. haha. It's really nice though. Wish I could go golfing now but here in southern Chicage its -20 degrees today. Can't wait for spring, already have all the course openings marked on my calender. lol

Sleezy M F E
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I just started playing and it's a lot of fun, challenging, but addictive.

zCrEaTiVEz
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I golf alot when it's in season (can't golf in the snow lol). I actually golf on my high school varsity team was on as a freshman as a #5 on the varsity team, as a sophmore i became #1 golfer on the team later in the season and was 2 strokes out of qualifying for state. Can't wait for golf, love it.

SheriffPyewipe
01-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I like to play, but that by no means makes me a 'real' golfer.. I'm far too poor to be classed as that ;)

Ive only recently started playing regularly though and I am improving slowly. Play a round once a week/fortnight, weather permitting (can anyone say 'fairweather player' lol).

Dont have a handicap but I play with someone on a rather high 20 and am usually about 6/7 shots behind that! So that shows my lack of skill. But I do enjoy it a lot and having just bought my first decent set of clubs, am hoping to get out a bit more often and try and improve that swing :p

Last played: pitch and put @ Heaton Park, Manchester. Yesterday.
Last Propper course: Castle Hawke, Manchester. Last week.

http://todaysgolfer.golfscoretracker.co.uk/

you can keep a track of your progress and it will work out your handicap for you.

The Preston 13
02-01-2009, 08:58 PM
i love the game, but the game hates me. i got out about 30 times a couple summers ago, only been out maybe 5 times the past 2 years. local cincinnati public coarses, nothing of great interest. there's several irons spread around the bottom of cincy's public coarse's water hazards though, let me know if you see em.

jog_77
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I play off 16 handicap but have not been able to play recently due to the crappy British winter weather!!! My goal is to get down to 12 by the end of the year.

bloodelf007
02-28-2009, 01:37 PM
In the holidays I usually play quite a lot, around 2 or 3 times a week.

neverendr
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I play when it's decent weather...which is pretty much April through
May then September and October. I've been playing for about 20 years, started at 12...I'm still playing with a 10 year old set of clubs
- an original callaway big bertha driver, ping x10 irons and woods and a ping putter...i'm pleased that they've lasted so long and still play great. I run around a 3 handicap on public courses around Maryland, more like a6 or 7 on the higher end and country club courses I've played.

Norman Coxwell
03-03-2009, 12:16 PM
I play. I suck but I play. Hard game. Frustrating game.

GiftedAnimal
03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
me and my cousin play when the weather is ok, played last sunday, going again next sunday! try and play every fortnight. i'm not very good but enjoy it tho!!

Derkie93026
03-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I would not call myslef a real golfer ither but i have been playing for 4 years now, play to a 5.2 handicap, only got out 5 times last year becasue i tore a muslce in the back of my leg.... dying to get out this year and have some fun, but it is still -20 and Snowy here in alberta.. gotta love the snow in Canada lol

st4mp
03-29-2009, 07:48 AM
I play about 3-4 times a week, im actually handicapped (burned when i was 13 months old) so i have a double handicap :P but i shoot around 9 handicap been playing since i was 11 my best friends dad owned a driving range so free slices :P. excited for the shell houston open this coming weekend

FonduYouLoveMe
03-29-2009, 08:05 AM
I've been playing since I was 6 or so. In high school now and I'm on the golf team. I haven't actually played since october or so, at Silver Lake CC in Orland Park, IL. But I've been going to a golf dome by my house, it's an indoor driving range. And from outside, looks like a giant golf ball. haha. It's really nice though. Wish I could go golfing now but here in southern Chicage its -20 degrees today. Can't wait for spring, already have all the course openings marked on my calender. lol

Haha, I live in Lemont. What high school do you go to?

Mattyboi93
05-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I play a bit with my dad, but not very frequently.
Last course i played was probably Whitstable and Seasalter, Kent, UK