PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever call M$ for a legitmate refund for something on the Marketplace?

Todaysforgotten
10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I was told I would have to wait up-to 5 days on a refund of Mega Man 9.

For those who want some background:

I purchased Mega Man Wednesday. I own a ntsc-j xbox. I live in the states. I am American. Upon downloading the game I was replying to a message in my inbox. I noticed the title ckman 9 (guide covering the r and o). I thought, hmm i guess everyone is getting the Japanese version of mega man (rock man).

After talks with one of my friends he confirmed his game displayed as Mega Man and had english titles/narrative. Mine the opposite.

I spoke with MS customer support. Told them my situation and asked about the resolution of a refund.

After several transfers and holds I finally spoke to a Supervisor. I was told they would need to recover my account and try to replicate the issue I had encountered.

I was told I'd receive a callback later, since my gamertag was taking awhile to download. After 7 hours i called MS backup...to make a long story short they told me they escalated the issue and that id have to wait up to 5 days for them to refund me. During this time I cannot login/recover my account.

Does anyone know if this is true? up to 5 days for a refund? I have that feeling 5...6...7 days will pass with no call. And then what? we're sorry for the delay?

Chaosflare
10-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Well, shit happens. You're just gonna have to deal with it, unfortunately.
I'm actually quite lucky in the fact that I haven't had to deal with any refunds; only the sending in of my system in which it returned exactly when they said it would.

On a side note, I almost entirely ignored your thread simply because you used "M$" instead of just saying Microsoft. Seriously. People need to grow up.

Deadly Moves
10-04-2008, 01:27 AM
LOL.. thats sucks..
I kinda got a refund once...

I bought the Rainbow 6 Veas Black Map Pack for 800c as soon as it was released..
A few hours later it was taken off xbl only to come back about a day later for the price of 0c..

Funkin scammed me out of 800c! :mad:

So i rung em up and demanded a refund!
Hey presto, got what i wanted and about 5-7 days later got my 800c back :)

MadMartign
10-04-2008, 02:06 AM
LOL.. thats sucks..

I bought the Rainbow 6 Veas Black Map Pack for 800c as soon as it was released..
A few hours later it was taken off xbl only to come back about a day later for the price of 0c..

everyone who paid for the black pack got that refund, no calls needed.

To the OP... its difficult to tell. On one hand they might help you out, but on the other hand all DLC does explicitly say " there are no refunds for this item". So whether it was a mistake or not, you might just have to either play the japanese version or pay for and download the english version. Unfortunately thats the way this shit works mistake on your end or not.

Smithaveli
10-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Seriously. People need to grow up.

You're right, because obviously when you put the $ sign instead of an S when referring to a company that cares more about $ than customer satisfaction, you are obviously not grown up.

Also, it's so grown up/mature of you to point out the fact that you "almost ignored him" next time, leaving the trolling out of your little waste of time reply. I'm sure you'd be a little on the edgy side if you paid 800ms for a game you couldn't understand, through no fault of your own. It's called compassion, usually maturity brings some of that.

Todaysforgotten
10-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I'm actually quite lucky in the fact that I haven't had to deal with any refunds; only the sending in of my system in which it returned exactly when they said it would.

On a side note, I almost entirely ignored your thread simply because you used "M$" instead of just saying Microsoft. Seriously. People need to grow up.

Omg, shut up. Thanks for the common sense check. Obviously there is nothing I can do about it. I just wanted to know if there is such a thing as up to 5 days for one game that costs 800 points.

Cool man. Cause me typing M$ is immature and suddenly I have to grow up? If you cant provide any positive or helpful feedback, maybe you should have just ignored my immature thread.

Give me a break. Nothing in my post was immature. And the guy above this post nailed the hammer on the head.

Thanks for the responses. I think im going to do what was already said and just recover my account in a day or two if i hear nothing back. I'll suck it up and play the japanese version. While its not a bad thing, I do enjoy story lines to my games instead of just plugging away.

newbsicle
10-04-2008, 04:11 AM
LOL, Yeah, pretty much... It's best not to waste your time with customer support for in the end you'll want to buy back your time.

Deadly Moves
10-04-2008, 01:02 PM
everyone who paid for the black pack got that refund, no calls needed. .
Not true.. I know some people in the UK that didnt get a refund.

Crimson Ridley
10-04-2008, 02:17 PM
How can they replicate what happened? IMO, I think you deserve a refund as you haven't downloaded something and not like it. I'm guessing this would also be a very uncommon mistake so they know people will not use it as an excuse to get their money back.

Hope it all works out for you and you don't have to sit playing a game you can't understand. :)

BlamelessSoul
10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
man i feel for you cuz i have spent my fair share of hours go my rounds with their customer service. But if this were history i would call microsoft the roman empire. They can do whatever they want , they have had hundreds of thousands of broken 360's and yet we have seen no massive recalls. If this were a smaller company i guarentee the BBB or some government agency would have stepped. In the end if they feel like being nice they will refund you, but if they dont you will be SOL without anything to do with it. Its an unfortunate situation but the truth. But i do hope you get your money back

BlamelessSoul
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
how is M$ not accurate its exactly what they are. A money grubbing business that could care less if there consoles, or anything works right. And if you do have something wrong, nine times out of ten they try to blame you. So Chaosflare perhaps you need top grow up, take off your little rose colored glasses and see M$ for what they really are.

To quote billy madison "I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul"

ZServ
10-04-2008, 10:25 PM
how is M$ not accurate its exactly what they are. A money grubbing business that could care less if there consoles, or anything works right. And if you do have something wrong, nine times out of ten they try to blame you. So Chaosflare perhaps you need top grow up, take off your little rose colored glasses and see M$ for what they really are.

To quote billy madison "I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul"

He never said the OP was immature; he implied it, but never said it. In the end he did visit the topic though, so technically he was right in calling it. You guys escalated the scale of severity appropriately enough to be considered "immature." Also, don't talk of your imaginary god. I'm offended and thus will sue. Lawyers can be immature, but they hide it in how they word things. Learn the definition :P

Anyway, sucks for the OP, hopefully they'll refund him. lol

zyxomma100
10-05-2008, 05:06 AM
I don't really see why people use the dollar sign instead of an S in MS. Sure, MS cares about money, but no more than Apple or Sony or Tommy Hilfiger or any other company. It just so happens that MS has more of it. I wouldn't call it immature, but I do think it's petty, and it's simply a failed attempt at stating your "personal beliefs" about a large company like MS. "Sticking it to the man" my ass. I don't see anyone saying "$ony" even though I think their business practices are far worse than any other company I've had to deal with.

I also don't see at this point why the OP should get a refund. He bought the Japanese version. If he loses the digital rights to the game, and loses the copy he has on his HDD, then sure.

Of course, the OP hasn't given us some important information about his situation. Is it possible for him to obtain the English version, or is the Japanese version all that shows up for him? He bought the wrong version of MM9, but is it because of a problem with the 360, or because he simply didn't see the correct download available?

And when it comes down to it, does it really matter? You're buying Mega Man 9, not a story-based game. (By the way, the premise of the main Mega Man series hasn't changed in over 15 years.) You're not losing anything by not being able to understand the text.

As for trying to get a refund, yes, I've tried it once. I accidentally downloaded a track for one of the DDR Ultramix series, and I tried to get a refund for the mistake. I was told that I couldn't get a refund, and for a while I was annoyed, but by the next day I realized that it was my fault and I lived with the extra song that I bought.

Smithaveli
10-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow. I am amazed at how much of an ass you are being. You know why nobody says $ony? Do you see sony issuing a monthly charge, just so you can play your games online? The fact is, Sony has what.. televisions, computers, and gaming consoles? None of that comes close to the amount of $ M$ has. The big thing here is that M$ makes more money than Sony, yet which of the two companies is blackballing their customers by forcing them to pay even more $ to fully utilize games they've already bought? Seriously, open you're damn eyes. Is it petty? Sure it is, mainly because M$ could give a rats ass about what it's customers think about it, as long as we keep paying them. But once again, the fact of the matter is that you think you're sop self important, and that us M$ Callers aren't, that you can come in here and say ZOMG YOUR SUCH KIDZ LAWL. Do you not see the hypocrisy of you expressing your views, about us expressing our views?

And I'm sorry, but never have I even had the option of downloading japanese content.. so I'm not really seeing how it could possible be his fault.. NTSC.. NA region code..I'm failing to see why his console even had access to Japanese version.. Not to mention, for him to have overlooked and "accidentally" downloaded the Japense version, would the bio/name not be in Japanese as he selected it? he clearly states he chose Mega Man 9, but while messaging someone noticed the downlaod was rock man 9. So, unless your a complete moron incapable of reading, he did inform us with every bit of info needed.

Whether the game is story base dor not.. he paid for the AMERICAN VERSION, not some Japanese version. What the fuck man, That's just like saying you order a cheeseburger, get a hotdog, and it doesn't matter because the end product is nurishment/sating hunger.

I'm sorry but you should have never even tried to get the refund.. How do you "accidentally" download a song, anyway? Not to mention the fact you got what you "accidentally" download, correct? It's not like you "accidentally" downloaded a slipknot song and they "accidentally" gave you a Bakcstreet Boys song, right? Bottom line, it says no refund, which is totally fair. You mad ea mistake, you should live with it.

The big difference here? He didn't make the mistake, M$ did.

onimod13
10-06-2008, 12:51 AM
LOL.. thats sucks..

I did this too and got refund straight away and after deleting the download and going to get it again i didnt have to pay for it as it was in my history (free map pack) cheers microsoft makes a change from you scamming us.