PDA

View Full Version : Shackler's Revenge...

Kuzi22
10-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Was just wondering what people thought of the song, since it's new G N' R and everything....

I would like to say that i was dissapointed, but I never had high hopes in the first place and new it would be pretty crap...

Dex
10-04-2008, 12:16 PM
While your topic is very ambiguous, I feel that your question is even more so...

Are you asking our opinion on a GnR song? Compared to other GnR songs?

I think almost everyone would agree that this isn't GnR. Axel owns the rights to the GnR name, and that's all this is. Axel Rose's new band. And it sucks.

Kuzi22
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah sorry I should of been more clear...

yeah I was asking about the song itself...

Bits like the clunky industrial/nu-metal part at the start that appears at the start and throughout the song, I never thought i'd ever hear anyhting remotely like that in a Gunners song...

but then again like you said it's not really them, just axl and a bunch of other guys who want to get paid

Lucent Beam
10-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I hate the opening part and the sort of the verses. I only sang it for the first time last night and was like "WTF is this junk?" But I think the chorus is cute... but definitely not an awesome song like Sweet Child o' Mine... which was the reason I bought GH2 and my 360 in the first!! (Yes, Sweet Child o' Mine was the deciding factor that made me buy an Xbox, haha).

Colonel Muffinz
10-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Song is pretty terrible. Although I didn't have high hopes anyway since Guns N Roses never was that good.

JLogan27
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
It sucks. BIG disappointment.

Funny thing in OXM that this particular song was the only 'minus' of the game!

Phil709
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
If it was a stripped down rocker instead of this overproduced techno-bullcrap I'm sure it would sound pretty cool. "I don't believe there's a reason! I don't belllllllieve it!"

SaCkaveli20
10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I think it's garbage..
A lot of people say they don't mind the chorus, but I think that's garbage too.
Blah...Epic Fail for Axel

SebastianSB
10-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I've never really followed GnR so for me it's just another song on the disc (one that doesn't really stand out)...but if I learned anything last night it's that Old Wiki Tik hates it.

neok182
10-04-2008, 04:42 PM
it might be good on it's own without the GNR name. but with it it sucks i'd erase it from the game if i could.

Matrarch
10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I hate the opening part and the sort of the verses... But I think the chorus is cute... but definitely not an awesome song like Sweet Child o' Mine.

I just wanted to echo these sentiments. :) I really don't mind the chorus at all but the rest is... ugh... As has already been said, this is all about cashing in on the GnR name, not making decent music it seems.