PDA

View Full Version : topic that needs to be pinned

neok182
10-04-2008, 07:44 PM
i PMed a couple mods about this but got no answer and i don't really know where to ask this anymore so will someone please pin my rock band 2 FAQ

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92113

it will help cut down on the useless topics that keep getting posted about exporting tracks and other minor questions.

thanks.

Amazon XD
10-08-2008, 04:56 AM
Man, they'll sticky it if they want.

Eternal
10-08-2008, 05:29 AM
And it will get stickied if it needs to be stickied.

xCOBRAx
10-08-2008, 07:24 AM
what a cheery bunch, hes just trying to be helpful and did write a good FAQ, i mean which game forum doesnt have one?

Scotian Bred
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
what a cheery bunch, hes just trying to be helpful and did write a good FAQ, i mean which game forum doesnt have one?

But that is how it works, if a thread is deemed to be useful, and well done then a mod will notice, and then it will become a sticky if its good enough.

You can't sticky everything :p

Skillet
10-08-2008, 09:11 AM
But that is how it works, if a thread is deemed to be useful, and well done then a mod will notice, and then it will become a sticky if its good enough.

You can't sticky everything :p

Unless you're in the FAQ forum... lol.

But yeah, there's nothing mean about it. Mods are busy around here and it takes a while sometimes. Joys of the forum.

Patience is a virtue. ;)

Eternal
10-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Unless you're in the FAQ forum... lol.

...or the Halo 3 forum :)

Thanks for the compliment ;) What a cheery person. I mean which game forum has threads that are stickied but not approved by a mod o.O

The Pants Party
10-08-2008, 01:09 PM
TIP! Best way NOT to have something stickied is to bother the mods about it.

But that is a good FAQ so I'll take care of it anyway, because I'm such a nice guy. :p

JC
10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Shame the mods don't appreciate guides that take 4 hours to create...they like them slipping down the forum...

neok182
10-08-2008, 05:30 PM
thank you very much sorry for being a bit annoying about it. thank you again!

The Pants Party
10-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Shame the mods don't appreciate guides that take 4 hours to create...they like them slipping down the forum...

So if someone spends four hours making a guide about how to play our national anthem on the tuba with your feet it should be stickied? Time means nothing. Relevance is everything.

You should know better than anyone that even a decent "guide" could be ignored if you piss us off.

JC
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
So if someone spends four hours making a guide about how to play our national anthem on the tuba with your feet it should be stickied? Time means nothing. Relevance is everything.

You should know better than anyone that even a decent "guide" could be ignored if you piss us off.
I don't see how it is fair that a relevant guide should be ignored. So even if time means nothing, then surely it should get pinned for relevance. It is an FAQ that answers common questions about the 360 and Live and this is a 360 related site.

Why should I know better than anyone, I have not written many guides before?

You have now discouraged me from writing more guides and FAQs for this site. :(

The Pants Party
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Why should I know better than anyone, I have not written many guides before?

Maybe not, but you did PM and/or send a message on MSN to no less than six staff members about something you wrote a week or two ago. We all have the same ability to sticky something. Ask one person and they'll make a judgment. You acted like a kid who didn't get the answer he wanted from mommy so he ran to daddy. Then daddy didn't give it so you went to grandma, then grandpa, then your aunt, then your weird neighbor who stands naked in the window. And even HE didn't care!

We all talk to each other and shit like that will get you nowhere, as you've clearly seen.

M85A21
10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I like you Pants...
You're a "Tell it how it is, not how you want to hear" kinda guy.
Piss 'em off, they will fuck you up quicker than Vin Diesel could.

Skillet
10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I like you Pants...
You're a "Tell it how it is, not how you want to hear" kinda guy.
Piss 'em off, they will fuck you up quicker than Vin Diesel could.

Wow...

The kiss-assery in that post was amazing. :p

M85A21
10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Nah, most people here I hate...Tussell and the rest of those guys..But Pants is O.K..
He's the only one I've really asked for help on a few occasions...So yeah, you've just been added to the "Tussell" list Skillet...

Skillet
10-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Nah, most people here I hate...Tussell and the rest of those guys..But Pants is O.K..
He's the only one I've really asked for help on a few occasions...So yeah, you've just been added to the "Tussell" list Skillet...

I'm sorry... would giving you a cookie make you not hate me? :drunk

By the way... isn't this thread like... over now? I vote lock, lol. :locked

Minty
10-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Nah, most people here I hate...Tussell and the rest of those guys..

You don't like him, we get it. Cos you make a point in saying it in as many fucking threads as possible. It's boring.

I don't want to see it anymore.

M85A21
10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
No, added to the list you stay there. ;)

Lol Minty sorry.

JC
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe not, but you did PM and/or send a message on MSN to no less than six staff members about something you wrote a week or two ago. We all have the same ability to sticky something. Ask one person and they'll make a judgment. You acted like a kid who didn't get the answer he wanted from mommy so he ran to daddy. Then daddy didn't give it so you went to grandma, then grandpa, then your aunt, then your weird neighbor who stands naked in the window. And even HE didn't care!

We all talk to each other and shit like that will get you nowhere, as you've clearly seen.
So because I asked too many people, an uber relative thread that I spent 4 hours making just for the X360A community is going to be abandoned.

So you are not helping the community...and you will have to be pinning and locking tons of threads when people ask the same question over and over again. I made the FAQ to help people and cut down on the mods work too, you are all very busy on the site, I know that.

TatteredRagDoll
10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
You're a whiny little bastard, aren't you?

Were you not hugged enough as a child?

you are all very busy on the site, I know that.

So you felt the need to waste the time of multiple mods then? Am I the only one failing to see the logic in that?

AOS Puck
10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
So because I asked too many people, an uber relative thread that I spent 4 hours making just for the X360A community is going to be abandoned.

So you are not helping the community...and you will have to be pinning and locking tons of threads when people ask the same question over and over again. I made the FAQ to help people and cut down on the mods work too, you are all very busy on the site, I know that.

What you fail to realize is that you are biased towards your own topic. If your FAQ was as good as you thought it was, it would've gotten pinned after the first Mod you contacted took a look at it. We all think that what we type is the next A+ thread but the reality is that we are blind to our own faults.

What it really comes down to is that no matter how great the FAQ, there will still be idiots who ignore them and create a new topic anyways. Hell, we have a FAQ sub-forum with a bunch of stickies yet it doesn't stop the morons who still make topics asking "How do I get on the Leaderboards?". We have a Submit sub-forum that explains how to submit guides, pictures, etc. yet you still get people asking "How do I submit my guide."

The Pants Party
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Fact is, I've never seen most of the questions in your FAQ asked before. I honestly didn't see the relevance and felt like you found a topic no one had made a FAQ for and went to town to get yourself noticed. Your thread was not "uber" relative in the least.

But yeah, probably should have locked this earlier. If you feel you've been slighted, please use the Complaints board and the staff will see that it is addressed at our earliest convenience.