PDA

View Full Version : FAQs

diablocon
09-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Well, I've bled this game dry, so I thought I'd post a topic containing a few questions that keep on popping up on this forum, and some others. Submit your own question and answers too if you want. SPOILERS are to be expected. If you want the Mini-Kit link, go to Q2.

Q1. Any On-Line Co-Op?

A. Nope, sorry.

Q2. Where can I find [mini-kit/power block] in [level]?

A. Check out this guide:

http://mycheats.com/view/section/19285/18306/lego_star_wars_ii__the_original_trilogy/xbox_360

It has the location of every mini-kit and power block in every level.

Q3. How do I progress in the Battle of Hoth level?

A. You should be able to find bombs near the beggining. Use your tow cable on them and drag them to the blocked off areas.

Q4. How do I defeat The Emperor? His Force Lightning attack keeps repeling me!

A. When caught in Force Lightning, switch to your other character, and attack him.

Q5. What are those objects glittering red?

A. Those objects can only be interacted by with Sith/Dark Force characters. Those characters are Darth Vader and The Emperor.

Q6. What do you need to do to get the 100% complete achievement?

A. You need every gold block, mini-kit and power block. You need to have bought every character and extra too. LEGO city must also have been completed. You do not need the Undefeated Achievements to get this though.

Q7. How do I unlock LEGO City.

A. Collect 60 gold bricks and build it outside the cantina.

Q8. What do I do once there?

A. You have to collect a million lego studs. Destroy every building, use the force on everything you see, get in every vehicle and ride it. Some of the harder ones are:

Up north, you'll see a lot of bricks, which you can use the force on. Use the force to stack them up and spell LEGO.
Down south, after destroying a lot of trees, walking over the area will make blue flowers appear. Make them all appear to get more studs.
The merry-go-round does nothing, other than spin, as far as I know.

Q9. What does getting all 99 gold bricks get?

A. It will let you build an oil drill outside the cantina that will spew out unlimited Lego studs over time. This is the only sane way I know how to get the more expensive extras.

Q10. The 10x Mulitplier is way too expensive. Where can I get 30,00,000 easily?

A. This way is easy, but very time consuming. First, get all 99 goldenblocks (see how this is time consuming?), and build the Lego Stud Oil drill. Now, collect enough studs to get the 2x mulitplier, which will take a while, and buy it. Activate it, and repeat. Get enough for the four time mulitplier, again, this will take a while. Now activate the 4x mulitplier, and you'll see you now get 8x Lego studs. Keep on repeating this, and you'll notice it gets easier and easier to get studs faster. In the end, you'll have 384x multiplier, making getting 30,000,000 very easy.

Q11. Any less time consuming ways?

A. Not that I know of, sorry. As far as I know, this was how they intended you to get it.

Q12. So, the mulitpliers accumulate?

A. Yes, activate them all to get a 3840x mulitplier. I've now got 100,000,000 studs thanks to this. Of course, go into a double score zone for a 7680x muliplier. :D

Q13. I want an easy way to get the undeafeated achievements!

A. For non-vehicle levels, just play Ben Kenobi (Ghost). The computer just ignores him, and he doesn't even take damage, but he can still fall to his death. He costs 1,100,000 studs, and can be bought after completeing Episode VI. Be careful though, because he can't do any damage, bar with his A,A,X attack.

Q14. And for vehicle levels?

A. First, learn how to fly your crafts really well. Good piloting methods are needed to avoid most enemy fire. The best ship is the Millenium Falcon, because it can fire in every direction. Also, learn to do a barrel roll, by pressing A and either right or left on the 3-D Stick/D-Pad. You'll spin in that direction and take no damage. It takes a while to master, but you can fly through entire levels doing this.

Q15. Who are the best characters?

A. Two worth investing in are:

The Emperor - His A,X attack homes in on the nearest enemy, and his Force Lightning Attack kills everything in one hit. Unlocked after beating Episode VI, Chapter 5.

Boba Fett - His Lazer does double damage to everything, and he can fly for a short period of time. Careful though, his lazers do double damage to him if they're reflected back at him. Unlocked after beating Episode VI, Chapter 2.

Q16. What is the last vehicle? I've bought every character and completed every Episode.

A. It's Slave 1, and it's gotten by collecting all the mini-kits. You get no notification you've unlocked it, but it's there. It's the best ship in the game, as it is harder to hit, and like its owner, its lazers do double damage. I used it to get Undefeated on Falcon Flight and Death Star II.

Q17. How do I play the characters from the first game? My PS2 owning friend can play the other characters.

A. For the 360, you're going to have to wait for DLC. It will cost 200 Gamerpoints, and give you every character from the first game.

Q18. What do the mini-kit ships do?

A. They are used in bonus levels where you have to collect a million studs.

Q19. What's the easiest way to do the character bonuses?

A. Play Boba Fett, and run round the level shooting at everything, throwing bombs on every shiny object. Ignore enemies and collect every stud in sight. Boba is the character of choice, since he's a bounty hunter, whose lazer does double damage, making getting out of any unwanted incidents easier since the enemies you tend to fight are the tougher ones. Avoid playing Jedi at all cost.

Q20. In Cloud City Trap, the guide says to get mini-kit 3 you use the force on the control panel next to the crane. I do so, but all that happens is that the middle section lowers. Now what?

A. Jump in the crane, grab a stromtrooper and drop him in the hole. The middle section should now rise back up, and the mini-kit will appear. Don't worry if you killed the two stormtroopers, they respawn eventually.

Q21. I beat all 18 story mode missions and jabba's door is still locked! I read that it was supposed to open once the story mode was done.

A. To unlock the bounty hunter missions, you must have bought all the bounty hunter characters. They are: Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, 4-Lom, IG-88 and Greedo.

Q22. Can I still get the undefeated achievements in Co-Op?

A. You can, but in Co-Op neither you or your partner can die if you want the achievement. Be careful.

There we go, some questions that needed answering. Remember to submit your own. :)

P1NSEEKER
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Ok this is now a stickied thread.

Please read all of the first post before asking any questions on this board ;)

Reech
09-18-2006, 06:47 PM
If you're using the mycheats.com guide for help, be warned.

He's vagues on 2 minikits in Cloud City. The one in the Carbon Freeze and one that he describes as 'jump into the screen', this one is number 4 or something and it's like the 9th you come across.

Also, in the Endor Battle its the door on the right for Kit #9, not the left.

If anyone is STILL having issues :)

diablocon
09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I was confussed when it came to the Carbon Freeze one. It doesn't tell you that you have to pick up a stormtrooper with the crane and drop him in the hole. I've now added it though.

ROOKdaddyPIMP
09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I beat all 18 story mode missions and jabba's door is still locked??? I read that it was supposed to open once the story mode was done. Thanks.

Narsil
09-19-2006, 06:29 PM
The way I understand it, is that you have to have purchased all of the bounty hunger characters - IG88, 4lom, etc. Then it'll be unlocked. I haven't progressed this far though, can anyone confirm?

diablocon
09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
You are correct, you must have beaten the story mode and bought every bounty hunter. Noted and added.

LqDFx
09-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I am confused on this power brick (EP IV CH3). I have looked and looked for the door blocks and I can not find them. Is it before you go throught the catenia or after? Does anyone have a screen shot of where it is? I have been working on one EP at a time and this is one of the last things I have to get for EP IV and it is driving me nuts!

Thanks,
LqDFx

xMc Nuggetz
09-20-2006, 03:30 AM
New to the whole Lego StarWars games, so i was wondering can you get the achievements for beating the levels while playing co-op, or does it not work that way??

Sarge McLarge
09-20-2006, 03:58 AM
A. You're half right. You must have beaten the story mode and bought all the bounty hunter characters. They are: Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, 4-Lom, IG-88 and Greedo

You don't need to beat the story mode to unlock the bounty hunter missions.

New to the whole Lego StarWars games, so i was wondering can you get the achievements for beating the levels while playing co-op, or does it not work that way??

You can still get the achievements but neither player can die so it may be tougher depending on the skill level of the person you're playing with.

diablocon
09-20-2006, 11:35 AM
You don't need to beat the story mode to unlock the bounty hunter missions.

I thought so, I just heard here and there that you also need to complete story mode. I was unsure myself since I unlocked it after completing the game.

I am confused on this power brick (EP IV CH3). I have looked and looked for the door blocks and I can not find them. Is it before you go throught the catenia or after? Does anyone have a screen shot of where it is? I have been working on one EP at a time and this is one of the last things I have to get for EP IV and it is driving me nuts!

You have to use the force on some bins in the very first area. Remove the lid off of some small bins, then use the force on them again to remove the bricks needed to build the door.

P1NSEEKER
09-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Am i going mad or is there no guide to minikit locations for Ep VI Ch 2 on the mycheats link?

Tron
09-20-2006, 02:45 PM
get the mini kit detector and turn it on...its huge.

you wont need a guide if you get it.

NevEP
09-21-2006, 12:25 AM
It should also be noted the mycheats.com guide does not list the location for the Power Brick nor the Mini-Kits in Episode VI, Chapter 2.

I still don't know where the Power Brick is.

P1NSEEKER
09-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Ok people, anyone who has found the power brick on episode VI Chapter 2 please post with its location.

TheMollywhopper
09-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Ok people, anyone who has found the power brick on episode VI Chapter 2 please post with its location.

You will need to be in Free Play with Boba Fett or someone with a double-jump (I prefer the Emperor). When you're on the second elevation of the last skiff you'll be able to make a grappling gun pad. Grapple up the pad, then use Boba Fett to glide (or double jump) across a couple of platforms and you'll see it.

NevEP
09-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks I found it, let me be a little more specific. Reach the top of Jabba's Skiff (the really big one), and on the very top deck, the one where you blow up the generators and with the big gun. It's divided into levels. The level directly below the gun, you can blow up a box on the right side facing the gun. Blow it up, make the grapple point. From there double jump to the left facing the gun once again. And then over to the far left facing the gun. It's located there.

Hope that clears it up.

TheMollywhopper
09-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Well said.

P1NSEEKER
09-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Nice! good work fellas :D

diablocon
09-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Just made a quick edit on how to unlock Slave-1. Turns out you just need all the mini-kits to unlocks it. Credit goes to Monsterbox.

MikeS437
09-26-2006, 01:59 AM
holy crap! this is the ultimate guide for starters on lego star wars II, this has just answered any questions i had, and will have later on in the game, thanks guys!

P1NSEEKER
09-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Thats the idea ;) :D

diablocon
09-26-2006, 04:09 PM
holy crap! this is the ultimate guide for starters on lego star wars II, this has just answered any questions i had, and will have later on in the game, thanks guys!

That's what my intentions were. :D

However, looking over the board, not enough people are reading this thread. :(

LOA NinjaTurtle
10-13-2006, 12:19 AM
ok this is probably going to sound really stupid but on secret plans i only need the last mini kit in the pool/bathtub at the end of the lvl. Ive forced the drain but nothing happens. Am i doing anything wrong or am i destined not to get this mini kit

Quasipox
04-26-2007, 07:45 AM
I have a quick question. My brother and I started a co-op game and beat "Secret Plans" but only I got the achievement. What's up with that? On a side note, I don't mean the undefeated, I mean just the normal beat the level achievement.

Mr Arrow
04-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I believe co-op missions use only one Gamertag, so you'll only get one achievement.

Quasipox
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh okay, thanks...

LeonRivers
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi Guys.

I'm using the mycheats walkthrough to pick up my final few mini-kits/power bricks.

Currently stuck on the Jundaland Wastes (Ep IV, Ch. 2).

9. Outside the crawler, after you use the Force to build a bridge, jump on top of the stone pillar to reveal the Minikit.

I have had the mini-kit revealed since my very first attempt at this mission, but cannot reach it. I'm sure I'm being embarrassingly stupid, but I cannot get to it, as it's off the edge of a cliff, below me.

Anyone got any ideas? :(

EDIT:- I've just done it. :)

D3LTA 07
06-28-2007, 04:44 AM
for spme reason, im not getting my achievements. i beat episode V and VI, and im over 40% of the game. does anyone know how to fix this?

D3LTA 07
06-28-2007, 05:20 AM
nvm, for some reason it wasnt saving, so now i have to do it all over again:(

Weirdo666
07-02-2007, 06:24 AM
excellent guide guys, i m not done yet but this has helped a lot so far...

quicky: what is the best episode to get a lot of studs?
i used all my studs from playing through the story to buy bounty hunters, bricks etc.. to find out i should have saved a bit more and bought a ghost...

so now i m down to 1k studs and desparate to get 1,1mio for ben!

Rocket
07-02-2007, 04:00 PM
excellent guide guys, i m not done yet but this has helped a lot so far...

quicky: what is the best episode to get a lot of studs?
i used all my studs from playing through the story to buy bounty hunters, bricks etc.. to find out i should have saved a bit more and bought a ghost...

so now i m down to 1k studs and desparate to get 1,1mio for ben!

The best level for studs 200k+ is the Mos Eisly Cantina. Make sure you have both a jedi and a sith as well as a bounty hunter. I utilize this level for studs. And now with my 2x multiplier, it will be a lot faster to get studs than trying to wait on the stud pump...

Weirdo666
07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
you mean the mos eisley spaceport (IV chapter 3) or the cantina, breaking chairs and garbage cans ouside??

just did the Secret Plans for some studs and accidentally did a Undefeated haha, i play best when there is no pressure :-)

Rocket
07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
you mean the mos eisley spaceport (IV chapter 3) or the cantina, breaking chairs and garbage cans ouside??

just did the Secret Plans for some studs and accidentally did a Undefeated haha, i play best when there is no pressure :-)

Sorry, yeah the Spaceport. Guaranteed 200K+ each time you play it...

Weirdo666
07-02-2007, 06:06 PM
thx man, i ll try Spaceport a few times then,
i have some 500k at present, i fought off the temptation to buy the Minikit detector... first a ghost then some jedi ratings and undefeated stuff!

GalaxyRed13
07-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I think there's something wrong with the achievement guide on this site. The list is fine, but the guide mentions something about getting a "brick locator". The game doesn't have one of those. Just a Mini-kit Detector.

Unless the guide was just worded wrong, and meant to use a FAQ somewhere to find the bricks as you play through the story, or something.

JJBDude
08-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Quick question, if you are on a vehicle or animal when your a ghost and you run out of hearts does that mean the undefeated achievement doesn't register? I think this question should be added to the FAQ too cos it's been frustrating for me trying to find out an answer to this, so I've had to ask the question myself.

MoonSka
08-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Quick question, if you are on a vehicle or animal when your a ghost and you run out of hearts does that mean the undefeated achievement doesn't register? I think this question should be added to the FAQ too cos it's been frustrating for me trying to find out an answer to this, so I've had to ask the question myself.
This question has been asked several times in various other threads, but yes, it will count against you if you are attempting to complete a level and earn an undefeated achievement.

JJBDude
08-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Okay cheers for the speedy response. I looked through a few theads I thought that might contain this question but didn't find one so it probably shouldbe added to the FAQ for people in future wanting to ask the question.

HoodMod
08-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Q: I finished "" level undefeated, but didn't get the achievement - why?

A: It could be a couple different things. First, make sure all cheats and extras are turned off. Also, if you lose all your hearts in a vehicle, turret, etc, that counts as being defeated.

Despised Icon
08-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Im having trouble getting the mini kit on episode VI, ch.2. It the pit of carkoon lvl,there are only 2 of the 3 drone panels lit up on the side of the skif thing. Does anyone know how to get the middle one to light up. Please help!

Shinobi273
08-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Im having trouble getting the mini kit on episode VI, ch.2. It the pit of carkoon lvl,there are only 2 of the 3 drone panels lit up on the side of the skif thing. Does anyone know how to get the middle one to light up. Please help!

I got this from the superguide from ign.com check that site next time "Near the area where you have to push the turnstile around to change the color, use the Force on the crate, located to the left of the doors, to reveal a grappling pad. Grapple up to the higher location and pull all three triggers. Use the Force to operate the trigger on the far left. A Minikit will appear."

Andrew x360a
10-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Nice batch of FAQs. Very informative. I love this game. I just wish that I could get the last two Undefeated achievements -- stupid Hoth and Death Star Battles.

seriosblack
02-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Brilliant FAQ, Ive been playing for weeks and still didnt know some of the answers here, the mini kit guide is great ive almost finished the whole of V.

Good tips on the undefeted levels wasnt even going to try them (the flying ones). Will give it ago now :woop:

Rink Rat 55
02-12-2008, 05:21 AM
I am having problems getting mini-kit number to for Episode 6 Betrayal Over Bespin. I built all 3 objects that are needed to be built but no mini-kit appeared. What gives?

CanuckLefty
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble with the RoadMap:

Score X2 Power Brick 6 (Rebel Attack) 2,000,000
Score X4 Power Brick 9 (Falcon Flight) 6,000,000
Score X6 Power Brick 12 (Bespin) 12,000,000
Score X8 Power Brick 15 (Speeder Showdown) 20,000,000
Score X10 Power Brick 18 (Death Star II) 30,000,000

Does this mean I need to get just the power Brick in 6? Or do I need to purchase 1-5 to turn 6 into a multiplier? There is a power brick in each level, correct?

Also, will studs that I used towards True Jedi count towards my story percentage, and vice versa? Or is it conceivable that I'll need to play each level three or four times?

Thebarnman
03-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Too bad I can't play on line with this game...that would have been fun.

Darth Stigious
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
AAAAaaarrrrgggghhhh!!

I've done EVERYTHING (but 4 undefeated levels) and i haven't got the 100% achievement. even doe the "spigot" outside, but to no avail. help?

ozgoon56
08-30-2010, 01:04 AM
AAAAaaarrrrgggghhhh!!

I've done EVERYTHING (but 4 undefeated levels) and i haven't got the 100% achievement. even doe the "spigot" outside, but to no avail. help?

Make sure that you've bought all the characters and extras.