PDA

View Full Version : Whole Roster Revealed???

XxNoMercy94xX
10-04-2008, 11:59 PM
It hasnt been long since the WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 boards were going crazy with people saying that the whole roster was revealed on THQ's own WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 website. Many interpreted it as the official roster. When the news broke, fans began debating whether the list was the real deal or if it was some kind of placeholder text.
But it has been announced by THQ that the information that was revealed was in fact not the official roster. People still think THQ might be lying so people would still tune in to IGN everyday to see the day by day roster...but who knows??

THQ Announcement: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/913/913771p1.html

But dont you worry if you havent seen the whole roster you still have a chance to see it.
Whole Roster: http://www.code-x.ws/svr09/roster/

So now that you seen both sides of the story what do you think is the truth??

wyndorf666
10-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't think that's the full roster. Granted, it may have been - but there's been enough time to erase Ashley, BDV, Murdoch etc....

xJMx Joker
10-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't think its the whole list. But then again, i'm holding on to Evan Bourne being in the game :( So i hope thats not the final roster. On another thought, couldnt THQ just say thats not the final roster because the WWE and ECW legends aren't in there?

wyndorf666
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I really doubt Evan Bourne will be in the game. But, I'd like to think he will be DLC.

Are they having lengends this year? I figured they were leaving them out and sticking them in Legends of Wrestlemania.

xJMx Joker
10-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Yea i think they are still having legends. If not hall of famers, then probably ECW legends again

Djen
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2725/24265263oq0.jpg

Image of all 63 Superstars this year. Credits go to The Beast3 (http://www.youposted.com/index.php?action=profile;u=356)

A 1 Phenomenal
10-07-2008, 02:54 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2725/24265263oq0.jpg

Image of all 63 Superstars this year. Credits go to The Beast3 (http://www.youposted.com/index.php?action=profile;u=356)

Now thats an awesome roster... Shame its a fake :(

RinkXing
10-07-2008, 04:16 PM
It's no fake.

That IGN story refers to another incident before those pictures were leaked. The renders came from the offical website itself, and when Cade/MVP/Palumbo were 'revealed' in the countdown their profile pictures looked exactly the same.

It might not be the full list though, because Shad was never found and he's been confirmed to be in.

Really I don't mind about not having legends as long as Austin and Rock are in, it really would be a crying shame if they weren't in. I also hope they don't leave them out just so we have to pay to use them with DLC.

martdude16
10-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Anyone know which legends are in the game?

Hopefully stone cold and the rock.

A 1 Phenomenal
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I just cant see that pic being real. It just seems way too good to be true. As for legends who cares, thats what the new Legends game is for :)

xJMx Joker
10-07-2008, 07:09 PM
i don't think the pic is real, if you look closley, some of the superstars (e.g Cody Rhodes) look like real photos from their WWE Profiles and have just been photoshopped in there.
As for legends, i agree that the new game in march is for that, but i think eddie guerrero would be in it as a legend. Its partly hoping, but in one of the countdown videos i watched, there was a fan holiding an Eddie Guerrero sign.

A 1 Phenomenal
10-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I also can not see Hornswaggal being in this game and if he was how in the world would that work.

There looks to be a lot of divas in that pic (no bad thing of course) but I am hoping this is real. Been waiting for Victoria to be in a game for a long time.

KING CRUZ 777
10-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Hornswaggle FTW

raptor_256
10-09-2008, 02:49 AM
i think that they'll put in the token legends, like bret hart, the rock, stone cold, eddie, and hopefully chris benoit.

Daedryon
10-09-2008, 03:10 AM
It doesn't matter who doesn't get put in, because obviously our various CAW sites will come up with top quality CAWs to replace whoever was left out.

And as always, WWE SvR 2K9 had advertised DLC wrestlers based on new additions to WWE, kinda like what TNA is doing with Petey Williams and Curry Man.

xJMx Joker
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
i think that they'll put in the token legends, like bret hart, the rock, stone cold, eddie, and hopefully chris benoit.

i hope they do put benoit in, but i don't think they would (due to what he did). Only because it gave them some bad press. Also aren't WWE legends that are in the game ones that were inducted into the hall of fame? And i don't think benoit has been inducted yet?

Taker447
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
i don't think benoit has been inducted yet?

And i doubt he ever will be. For Vince McMahon and WWE Benoit has been forgotten about.

Renegade RaVen
10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
that sucks paul birchill aint there

xJMx Joker
10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
that sucks paul birchill aint there i think the odds of paul burchill making the new game roster is highly probable since he's been on raw for about half a year. And even when he was doing dark matches for smackdown a couple of years ago, they still put him in, so here's some hope :)

A 1 Phenomenal
10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
He is not in and seeing as how he is on the verge of being released dont count on him making the downloadable content either.

Its a shame but thats the wrestling buisness for you.

raptor_256
10-10-2008, 01:22 AM
if burchill's not in hopefully his curb stomp will be, if not i suppose you just have to make it.

Daedryon
10-10-2008, 03:39 AM
if burchill's not in hopefully his curb stomp will be, if not i suppose you just have to make it.

Screw that. His C4 was better, aka "Flux Capacitor" as Kaz called it in TNA.

KSizzle
10-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Maybe Bastion Booger will be in it.......

afunk117
10-11-2008, 11:36 AM
wikipedia has a few. all i know is that they have 63 superstars

afunk117
10-14-2008, 06:06 AM
they should make a deadline. October the first. then the wwe's current roster should be in the game

Kyanite
10-15-2008, 05:35 AM
And i doubt he ever will be. For Vince McMahon and WWE Benoit has been forgotten about.

Benoit will never be in another WWE game, nor will he be in the WWE Hall of Fame. If he hadn't killed himself, he would have been easily convicted of drugging and murdering his wife and son. That's not someone you "honor" or even like to publicly mention. I was a huge fan of Benoit before he died, but his actions changed that.

davie mac
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
they should make a deadline. October the first. then the wwe's current roster should be in the game

If that was the case then the game would never make the November release date. You would have to wait until March for the game.

Its unfortunate but the roster is finalised back in July/August time due to time constraints. If they focused exclusively on getting an up to date roster then we would never have an up to date game.

Example being Lance Cade getting released by WWE yesterday and he will be in the game, so essentialy you would have to delay development until he was completely eradicated from the game.

I see the point in wanting an up to date roster but you have to accept that a complete roster is not going to happen, well not unless no one is released for 6 months and in the industry today that is unlikely.

XxNoMercy94xX
10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
I agree with Davie Mac.......as good as the idea of the deadline being on October it would be impossible to finish the game by November unless they make the characters look terribly bad. In my opinion I like how much people are in the roster. Sure they don't have Evan Bourne or Ted DiBiase being some of the people not making it before the deadline but don't you forget about DLC. By the way the roster accidentally posted by THQ is starting to look like the real thing seeing that the day by day revealed superstars looked exactly like the superstars on the roster that was accidentally posted by THQ. What do you guys think?? And if that was the whole roster....would you be good about it or mad???

afunk117
10-17-2008, 07:00 AM
so far wikipedia has

Raw:
Ashley
Batista
Beth Phoneix
Candice
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
Cm Punk
Cody RHodes