PDA

View Full Version : Skins

v SnOwMaN v
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Does anyone on here use the Xbox 360 skins to make your 360 better. If so how has it held up over a period of time and can you easily remove it.

x McGrim x
10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Does anyone on here use the Xbox 360 skins to make your 360 better. If so how has it held up over a period of time and can you easily remove it.
Skins aren't going to make your 360 "better". They might make it look nicer, but they aren't really worth it in my opinion. To answer your question, though, I'd guess that the quality largely depends on the manufacturer.

v SnOwMaN v
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Skins aren't going to make your 360 "better". They might make it look nicer, but they aren't really worth it in my opinion. To answer your question, though, I'd guess that the quality largely depends on the manufacturer.

I didn't mean better. I mean look nicer. Yea I know they will make them look nicer. I just wanted to know anyone who owns one what do think about it.

If I buy one this is the one I want to get:

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,3974.html

or the Carbon Fiber one they have.

onimod13
10-06-2008, 12:30 AM
skins from decalgirl definitely hold up and are good quality i had a skin on my ps2 for about 3 years with no issues.
Never tried to remove it though so cant say on that option.
I have applied skins to my rock band drums and guitar recently and they have held up just as well especially considering the abuse the drums get.

v SnOwMaN v
10-06-2008, 03:44 AM
skins from decalgirl definitely hold up and are good quality i had a skin on my ps2 for about 3 years with no issues.
Never tried to remove it though so cant say on that option.
I have applied skins to my rock band drums and guitar recently and they have held up just as well especially considering the abuse the drums get.

My main concern would be the fact of removing it. They said it doesn't leave the sticky stuff behind. Would be nice to find someone who has removed one.

Bleeding Star
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
they are very easy to remove from decalgirl, left no marks whatsoever

x McGrim x
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Decalgirls a really good company. I won a skin for my PSP from them. It left a bit of residue, but it's a bit different, considering it's a handheld.

v SnOwMaN v
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
OK kool.....I wanted to pick up an black controller and I didn't want to have an white 360. So I figured I would buy a good durable skin. I may get the red controller.

Keano
10-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I bought one from decalgirl about a year ago and it still looks great. I'm thinking of taking it off though because I didn't apply it great so there a fquite a few whiete bits showing. The faceplate also doesn't aling with the rest of the skin. This was my fault though coz it was tricky to put it on.

I think I'll buy one for my PS3 now because there are some on there I really like. Also seems to be cheaper.

Daedryon
10-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Ok so I live in Ontario, I don't use paypal or have a credit card. All I have is a chequing account and I tend to mail cheques or such to pay for things.

Any way for me to buy these skins?

v SnOwMaN v
10-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Ok so I live in Ontario, I don't use paypal or have a credit card. All I have is a chequing account and I tend to mail cheques or such to pay for things.

Any way for me to buy these skins?

Straight from the site:

http://www.decalgirl.com/graphics/spacer.gif
I don't have a credit card or PayPal account; how can I order?
We understand not everyone has access to a credit card, so we allow you to place an online order using "Cashier's Check or Money Order" as a payment method. When you've placed the order, you simply print the email or make a note of the order number and send your payment to the address included in that email. We do require that payment is received within ten days, though - we delete unpaid orders from the system after that.

M85A21
10-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I have a Gears of War one and an Entourage one, but I took the Entourage one off to put the GoW one on.
Once you take them off you can't use them again as they are SUPER adhesive.
I love the skins.

Lordvader178
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know if this decal site ships to Australia?

Taker447
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know if this decal site ships to Australia?
if you took the time to go on the site and look at the FAQ you would have seen this.

How long will my order take to get to me?
That depends on time of year, your shipping method, and your location. We produce all skins to order, so orders normally ship within 2-4 business days from when the order is placed.
For orders shipped within the US, estimated delivery times are:
Super Saver - 9 - 14 business days
Priority Mail - 5 - 7 business days
Express Mail - 2 - 4 business days
For orders shipped outside the US, estimated delivery times are:
Priority Mail - 9 - 16 business days
Express Mail - 4 - 6 business days
Please note that customs can affect delivery times for international orders

So it seems they ship worldwide. But drop them a e-mail and double check if they ship to your area.