PDA

View Full Version : Exterminator Achievement......

Mightymango
10-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Seriously, how do you do this?

I've tried pattern after pattern and online and offline.....doesn't seem to matter.

I've almost played this game for 200 days.....still haven't been able to get this one, and level 12....impossible.

WrottenSandwich
10-30-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm with you Mango this is a tough achievement..... Anyone out there have any more tips? I have tried to find a video on it also with no luck.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
10-31-2008, 07:07 AM
I've tried and tried. I don't know anyone that has it.

RomSpaceknight0
06-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Was hoping someone had completed this achievement. I've tried and tried to no avail.

The Massacrerer
08-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I got the Exterminator Achievement in about 15 minutes. It's simple, but not easy.

I would highly recommend changing your controller setting to the "C (Accu-Aim)" configuration. This should be changed for playing Tron in general. Accuracy is critical here.

Remember: you do NOT need to be near or re-enter the IO Tower...if you clear all the GB's, it will automatically transport you into the IO Tower.

Contrary to what most people say, the best strategy is to charge the GB's on this level, not give them their distance. This will often confuse them, and also give them less time to replicate.

There is an element of luck involved in that sometimes the GB's will divide, and then re-assimilate back into one bug again. That is why the "charging" strategy works...so you can hit them when they re-assimilate, but before they divide again.

Okay, the first thing you want to do is run to the right and take out the GB's on that side. It is important that you take them out quickly with a maximum of 4 shots.

Next, run to the left side and take those GB's out ASAP. Fire early before you get around the lower left-hand side to give yourself a headstart.

Lastly, take out the top GB's. Charge them, firing rapidly. Remember: you WILL run out of time to make it back into the IO Tower, so you have nothing to lose by going banzai.

It will most likely take you several attempts to do this, but trust me it works. I am also good friends with the actual world record holder on this game, and this is his strategy as well for this level.

I hope this helps :)

Aquaman6686
12-29-2010, 04:29 AM
I got the Exterminator Achievement in about 15 minutes. It's simple, but not easy.

I would highly recommend changing your controller setting to the "C (Accu-Aim)" configuration. This should be changed for playing Tron in general. Accuracy is critical here.

Remember: you do NOT need to be near or re-enter the IO Tower...if you clear all the GB's, it will automatically transport you into the IO Tower.

Contrary to what most people say, the best strategy is to charge the GB's on this level, not give them their distance. This will often confuse them, and also give them less time to replicate.

There is an element of luck involved in that sometimes the GB's will divide, and then re-assimilate back into one bug again. That is why the "charging" strategy works...so you can hit them when they re-assimilate, but before they divide again.

Okay, the first thing you want to do is run to the right and take out the GB's on that side. It is important that you take them out quickly with a maximum of 4 shots.

Next, run to the left side and take those GB's out ASAP. Fire early before you get around the lower left-hand side to give yourself a headstart.

Lastly, take out the top GB's. Charge them, firing rapidly. Remember: you WILL run out of time to make it back into the IO Tower, so you have nothing to lose by going banzai.

It will most likely take you several attempts to do this, but trust me it works. I am also good friends with the actual world record holder on this game, and this is his strategy as well for this level.

I hope this helps :)

Tried this strategy for over 6 hours. Doesn't work. The top bugs just replicate infinitely.

Bones007
01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Why would you say something is "simple but not easy" in the same sentence? Stupid....and Aquaman is right...this doesn't work...at all.

The Massacrerer
01-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Tried this strategy for over 6 hours. Doesn't work. The top bugs just replicate infinitely.
Sorry, but it does work. I've done it several times, and I have seen it done several times. Either you are doing it incorrectly, or you have had a bad run. Not sure what else to tell you except that this was the advice that worked for me from the world record holder, David Cruz. Keep trying, bro!

The Massacrerer
01-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Why would you say something is "simple but not easy" in the same sentence? Stupid....and Aquaman is right...this doesn't work...at all.
First off, it does work. Read the above post. I can't help it if you don't have the skills to pull it off.

Secondly, the word "simple" indicates it is not complex. The saying something is "not easy" does not indicate complexity, just that it is not easy. If I tell you that in order to get water you had to raise a 75 lb. bucket full of water from a well with a rope...those instructions would be simple, but not easy to accomplish. Learn your adjectives more thoroughly before you call someone "stupid", you imbecile.

RazerindemiX
01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
First off, it does work. Read the above post. I can't help it if you don't have the skills to pull it off.

Secondly, the word "simple" indicates it is not complex. The saying something is "not easy" does not indicate complexity, just that it is not easy. If I tell you that in order to get water you had to raise a 75 lb. bucket full of water from a well with a rope...those instructions would be simple, but not easy to accomplish. Learn your adjectives more thoroughly before you call someone "stupid", you imbecile.

i am lovin this answer LOL
i also have not done this yet but have only tried a few times but i did not relise about the auto end when all r dead
i rekon i would have been very close to this on one of my goes when i only had a small bunch of bugs at the top left to kill but with only had 100 left on the count so dived into the io
i will b now trying this with a new optimism
nice 1

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Haven't been able to do it either. Although someone posted a youtube video for the User Achievement. It helped me & I got to Level 10.

Bones007
05-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Simple also means easy. The construction of your sentence implies that the achievement itself is simple, not the strategy to get it. If you told me that in order to get water I would have to raise a 75 lb. bucket full of water with a rope...those instructions wouldn't be simple for someone who can't lift that weight, regardless of how simple the instructions are. Learn proper grammar before you call someone an imbecile, especially when they were calling your sentence stupid, not you...and especially when your user name isn't even a word.

But you are right about the strategy. It does work since I managed to get the achievement last night. Thanks for the tips.