PDA

View Full Version : Way to Connect x360 to Xbox Live...

AndRr3zZ
10-07-2008, 12:01 AM
So a friend is getting a x360 tomorrow so he ask me if he can connect the x360 to Xbox LIVE by the PC, because his router is to far of his tv so he don't want to buy the wireless thing.

He have his PC connected on Wireless connection

Example.-

Router ((((Wireless(((( PC ---Wired----Xbox 360

So please help my friend :p (Sorry if i did not explain well, I'm to lazy:()

RaidenX49
10-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Doesn't Work. I've tried this also since my Xbox 360 is in my bedroom right next to my computer which has wireless. It doesn't work, the only way you can do it, is to buy the $100 wireless adaptor for your Xbox and just connect straight to your wireless connection that way. Unless you want to run a ethernet cable from your router to your xbox 360.

x McGrim x
10-07-2008, 01:17 AM
You could always move the router right next to the 360, and use the wireless PC wherever the router originally was. That obviously has some flaws, though, and I'd doubt it would work in his situation.

TatteredRagDoll
10-07-2008, 01:21 AM
See... we have the router sitting on top of the TV, and the 360 directly to it, with both the laptop and desktop on wireless. I really don't understand why people don't do that, considering it is a hell of a lot cheaper to do so.

Gun-Nut
10-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Assuming he has an Ethernet Port as well he should beheld to use a Crossover Cable to share the Wireless Connection from PC to 360

I've only ever had this working once and when I formatted my PC I could never seem to get it working again mainly because I lost the tutorial I used.

Most people says just Bridge the Local and Wireless connection and it should work but never does for me.

TatteredRagDoll
10-07-2008, 05:10 AM
I'll be honest, I don't see why people say they can't have the 360 plugged into the router. More often than not your TV is next to some sort of cable outlet, and your 360 is next to your TV. So why not just plug the modem/router into said cable outlet? Then pay all of $60 for a wireless adapter for your PC, rather than $100 for one for you 360.

The only time I see that as being a real issue is if you actually don't have a cable outlet in your room. Which I've found, now a days at least, to be kind of rare.

Daedryon
10-07-2008, 06:24 AM
You guys are all dumb.

If you have a laptop, you can do this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-your-laptop-as-an-XboxXbox-360-wireless-adap/

Not hard to do. It's what I did when my first official adaptor shorted out.

I suppose if your desktop computer is somehow wireless connected, just follow those steps and you'll be able to use your computer as a technical router.

TatteredRagDoll
10-07-2008, 11:45 AM
You guys are all dumb.

And you're an asshole. Your point?

It is one thing to enlighten us to the oh so wonderful method you shared. Though calling us idiots because not everyone knows, or cares about it, makes you a tool.

Besides, not everyone wants their laptop hooked up to their 360. Kinda then defeats the purpose of the mobility of a laptop, doesn't it?

JayToukon
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Personally i have my X360 connected to the router downstairs via an ethernet cable. We then have another X360 upstairs, 2 laptops and 2 PC's all connected wirelessly.

It would be easier to rejig where your router is in the house, and put it next to your 360 (surely you have port in the wall near the TV you can plug the router into).

Daedryon
10-08-2008, 01:28 AM
And you're an asshole. Your point?

It is one thing to enlighten us to the oh so wonderful method you shared. Though calling us idiots because not everyone knows, or cares about it, makes you a tool.

Besides, not everyone wants their laptop hooked up to their 360. Kinda then defeats the purpose of the mobility of a laptop, doesn't it?

Duh, fool.

But like I said, it's most useful if you have a semi-broken old laptop lying around that can still connect to the net.

Also, yes, I am an asshole, thank you for noticing.

TatteredRagDoll
10-08-2008, 01:32 AM
It would be easier to rejig where your router is in the house, and put it next to your 360 (surely you have port in the wall near the TV you can plug the router into).
Exactly what I was thinking.

Duh, fool.

But like I said, it's most useful if you have a semi-broken old laptop lying around that can still connect to the net.

Also, yes, I am an asshole, thank you for noticing.
Not everyone has one though... And from how the OP made it out, their friend doesn't have a half broken laptop just laying around.

Deathblow23
10-08-2008, 01:54 AM
It doesn't work, the only way you can do it, is to buy the $100 wireless adaptor for your Xbox

This probably is the only way...BUT...if you look in the right places online then you won't have to actually pay $100 for it. Try this one...

www.pricegrabber.com (http://www.pricegrabber.com)

Scythez0r
10-08-2008, 05:26 AM
You don't need a laptop lol...

Right now I have my Xbox360 plugged into my desktop PC via a Crossover cable (very important, if it is a Ethernet cable it will not work), and my PC is connected wirelessly to a wireless router, which is plugged into my modem, so:

Xbox <--Crossover cable--> PC <--Wireless--> Wireless Router <--Ethernet cable--> Modem.

A Crossover cable costs about the price of a Ethernet cable, so it is not very much. It's easy, you just need to either bridge the Wireless and Local connections together, or enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Have a look on google, you WILL find out how to do it. I'll have a look and see if I can find a really good guide on how to do it.

And, to the person who said he can't see why people say they can't have the 360 plugged into the router, the answer is quite simply accessibility. Take me for example, I live in a house with five other people. We have seven computers, (one each and I have a second) along with my Xbox in my room. I can't put the modem/router in my room because if I do, it becomes a problem for everyone else in the house (distance wise). Not to mention I don't want that annoying thing in my room :P.

TatteredRagDoll
10-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Eeeeeeeeeh... and that is why I'll never do the roommate thing ever again if I can help it.

scarface
10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
How far away is the router from the TV?

I plugged the ethernet cable into the router because I didn't want to buy the wireless adapter. (My router is close to my 360) My laptop, PS3 and printer are wireless though.