PDA

View Full Version : Microphone messed up...again. Help?

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Well I just went through my 3rd mic in the last 3 months..and the same thing happens to it everytime. My mic makes a sound like it has a shortage then it dont pick up my voice. This is my 3rd mic and its happend the same way everytime...I tried using it in a differant controller and it does the same thing. What could be wrong?

antnie
10-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Buy a wireless. It is that simple.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Does the wireless mic have any downfalls?

Tussell
10-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Does the wireless mic have any downfalls?
Charging, annoying beeping when muted, size, weight on ear, easily gets lost, hard transition from wired to wireless, etc. There's probably more downfalls, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head right now.

In reality, they're really not worth it.

antnie
10-07-2008, 04:17 AM
They are so worth it.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Yeah I know I figured it would have a few bad things with it but I cant afford buying a mic every month when it should work..I just thought I was doing something wrong.

Tussell
10-07-2008, 04:18 AM
They are so worth it.
Well, it's really all personal opinion, and your lifestyle when you think about it.

If you're a messy, impatient person, then it's not for you.

If you don't mind having to charge, find, adjust, and sit through the microphone pulling your ear down, then the wireless mic is everything you've ever dreamed of.

Yeah I know I figured it would have a few bad things with it but I cant afford buying a mic every month when it should work..I just thought I was doing something wrong.
Just care of what you use. I've still got the original controller from when I got the system in 2005.

RaidenX49
10-07-2008, 04:21 AM
The only Downfall I can think of is that it runs out of batteries. Which can suck when your in the middle of something and you gotta charge it. My wired mic has been working flawless for months though so I'm good with that.

antnie
10-07-2008, 04:22 AM
Trust me your ears get strong. The mic no longer weighs my ear down. At first it hurts but then you can show your friends you can wear a wireless mic without it hurting.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 04:22 AM
Yeah my controller is fine its just those damn mics keep messing up. Its like MS has a time limit on everything they have these days.

SynysterMonkey
10-07-2008, 04:23 AM
Well I just went through my 3rd mic in the last 3 months..and the same thing happens to it everytime. My mic makes a sound like it has a shortage then it dont pick up my voice. This is my 3rd mic and its happend the same way everytime...I tried using it in a differant controller and it does the same thing. What could be wrong?

Yeah, wireless is the way to go. It is really expensive, but if you go through mics that fast, then it will be good in the long run.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 04:28 AM
How do you charge a wireless mic?
Plug into the USB on the xbox or what

exo-apollo
10-07-2008, 04:30 AM
The only reason my microphone broke was because of me mistreating it. It had the big fat bit that you attach to the controller, but my new one is nice and streamlined and it works much better.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 04:36 AM
Yeah those are the ones I had. The ones with the big piece that goes into the controller..might have to try the other ones.

TatteredRagDoll
10-07-2008, 04:53 AM
I use a wired headset, my husband uses the wireless. Personally I can't stand the wireless. I also have an industrial on my right ear, so that makes wearing anything on my ear kind of a pain in the ass. I also prefer Mute to be right there at my finger tips. (I yell at my dogs a lot. LoL)

I'm only on my second. The first came with the 360, and lasted me the better part of 8 months? I believe that's how long we had it.

All and all, it is about personal preference.

exo-apollo
10-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Yeah those are the ones I had. The ones with the big piece that goes into the controller..might have to try the other ones.

Yeah give one of the newer ones a try, the plug should just look like a standard headphone one, not that wierd slab of plastic, because that thing always gave me trouble.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Yeah when I got my first headset I was careless and that was my mistake. I would pull out my headset but the cord. Second time around I was more carefull and pulled out out by the base and didnt wrap my cord around the actual headset when I was done. 3rd time same thing it just happend quicker..im going to have to treat that thing like a rolex.

Im going tomorrow and getting the one with the headphone plug and try it.

Segnius
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Buy from someone else, Microsoft accessories are shit. I went through a few MS headsets, eventually I got tired of it and bought some 7 dollar one that was made for use with a phone, and it's worked better than any official 360 headset so far.

MeeseOrMoose
10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Sometimes just tightening the screws on the part that plugs into the controller seems to fix any sort of problems the mic is having (at least for me). You need a pretty small screw-driver. Also, this has happened to my friend and tightening the screws worked for him. It may not work 100 percent of the time, it's just a possible fix other then buying a new headset every month or getting an expensive wireless one and the more hassle that comes along with one of those:p.

Tussell
10-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah my controller is fine its just those damn mics keep messing up. Its like MS has a time limit on everything they have these days.
They don't have a time limit on the mics. It's just kids have a tendency to not take care of their belongings these days.

Inyaface13
10-08-2008, 06:56 AM
They don't have a time limit on the mics. It's just kids have a tendency to not take care of their belongings these days.

Oh is that what it is? Next time a kid comes through I tell him to take care of it.

Wanstall99
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
the one that came with my xbox broke cos it was shit lol, i could hear bt not speak so i bought a proper one

master_shake_350
10-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Buy from someone else, Microsoft accessories are shit. I went through a few MS headsets, eventually I got tired of it and bought some 7 dollar one that was made for use with a phone, and it's worked better than any official 360 headset so far.

They actually work? Awesome!

TatteredRagDoll
10-15-2008, 03:02 AM
It uses the same jack, so I don't see why it wouldn't.