PDA

View Full Version : Release dates?

chucky0177
10-07-2008, 10:25 AM
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the release dates for the 360, instead of in November getting like 5 or 6 games a week, would it be better to spread them out through the year so we dont go through the quiet period of 2 months with nothing new to play.

Inyaface13
10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
In a way your right..It sucks going months at a time with mediocre games knowing that we have a good 2 or 3 month wait before an actual decent game comes out. I used the time to catch up on some old achievements now that Fracture is coming out today I think its a sign that good things are coming lol

Jetpac
10-07-2008, 10:41 AM
its a rather utopian idea, unfortunatly when it comes to practice there is a little thing called Christmas rolling around about a month after the release dates.

and when does everybody start shopping for their pressies? yep you got it, right about the time when the new hot games come out, the sales come xmas on games must be astronomical.

its all business i tells ya.

JayToukon
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Aye JetPac got it in one. They won't release games in summer really - people are skint due to holidays and not at home to play, whereas christmas is when people are sat at home doing nothing, with money to spend.

Business indeed ^_^

Taker447
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the release dates for the 360, instead of in November getting like 5 or 6 games a week, would it be better to spread them out through the year so we dont go through the quiet period of 2 months with nothing new to play.
yes its a great idea if they did that but they wouldn't make as half as much money as they do now. releasing games in the holiday period is the best time. as its nearly xmas! So everykid asks for this game and that game from santa. Now think how many kids do this and how many parents go out and buy there child a game at christmas... So after all that buying what does that mean? it means Santa's got a big heap of cash. Everbody knows that the holiday season is when people spend the most amount of cash so game companys cash in on it. ;)

StolenKyle/
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm actually pissed of that 6 games I want all come out in the same damn month... Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Fall Out 3, and Saints Row 2. Then November its Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead... I mean f**k this is gay.

[Waggly Bean]
10-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm actually pissed of that 6 games I want all come out in the same damn month... Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Fall Out 3, and Saints Row 2. Then November its Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead... I mean f**k this is gay.

You don't have to buy them all at once though. :)

InkedUp
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
With all the games coming out, it gives me things to put on my X-mas list. And I don't mind the downtime with regards to releases, it gives me a chance to knock out games that are sitting around that I haven't finished yet

JayToukon
10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
We could just ask all developers to not release too many games? C'mon dude! Too many games is much better than not enough games!

dm master
10-07-2008, 06:51 PM
true but i still would have liked them to come out further apart so i feel less bad when i spend ALOT of money on all of them..

onimod13
10-08-2008, 12:06 AM
No matter the ideas or feelings on this it makes no difference as plain and simple fact is it's business and it will always be this way.
I think there could have been more than enough titles released this year so that we didnt have a bleak few months with nothing to spend our hard earned cash on.

gatorbait
10-08-2008, 04:01 AM
I personally don't mind the 'slow' time for games to come out. I think game developers have gotten a lot better with releasing the quality games throughout the year. The holiday season will always get bombarded with games and I don't mind seeing as my birthday is at the end of October and then Christmas is just 2 months away from that. When we do hit those dry spouts it's a good time to catch up on games I've been meaning to go back and play and even get into some games I didn't think I would play.

westcam
10-09-2008, 09:51 AM
thats a good idea for us gamers, but not so good with the game developer i assume.

TatteredRagDoll
10-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I think game developers have gotten a lot better with releasing the quality games throughout the year.

I disagree. I think the majority of the games that hit the market at any time of the year are pure crap. Or if they're not crap, they're glitched to all hell because they were in such a rush to get them out, that they didn't take the time to do it right.

/two cents

Crazy Pixels
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree, the last time this happned people at my school where calling it a "Dry Season."

Slarak
10-09-2008, 02:21 PM
;1210024']You don't have to buy them all at once though. :)

Agreed, why not just buy one enjoy it to its full extent and by time your done with your next great title should be relatively cheaper to buy. Unless you've got mommy and daddy to buy your games...:mad:

Da CRU Mughhh
10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
;1210024']You don't have to buy them all at once though. :)
Sure you do,:p i can't stand playing one game for a long period of time, i like Variety.. LOL

JayToukon
10-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah i'm the same. I have to be going through two or three games at one time in-case one really pisses me off and i need a break.

Release dates are like this pretty much every year though, xmas is always good for games. If a few come out at once, get the most important ones to you and get the other ones in a couple of months. Personally, GoW2 and F2 are my priorities - anything else will be bought once i've beasted those two.

DJbruce
10-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I agree, the last time this happned people at my school where calling it a "Dry Season." This doesnt mean its always a bad thing. I mean I have about 29 games waiting to be finished. Shocking :eek: I know :p.

Bax x360a
10-10-2008, 06:03 PM
You have to look at it through the eye of a game developer - They release the game in this time period due to this being the time that people are more likely to have extra money and be buying presents for people. Plus, the weather is starting to get cold outside and therefore people spend more time inside instead of outside playing sports and getting tans... So this time period seems like the perfect time to release new games!