PDA

View Full Version : Highlight achievements that can be missed

wubb
10-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Suggestion to in some way highlight achievements in the Achievement list and Achievement guides that can be missed through the play of the game and can not be picked up after completing the game. (Or just before the final boss for games that don't let you keep going afterwards.)

Examples would be Conversationalist in Assassin's Creed and Romantic (plus several others) in The Darkness.

Mainly I'm talking achievements that are storyline related and if you don't do whatever actions needed to unlock as those moments occur in the game you miss your shot.

The Pants Party
10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Usually our achievement guides already do that. The biggest thing I've seen people say is "I didn't read the whole guide and didn't know" -- well you should always read an entire achievement guide before starting if you don't want to miss something. That might give you some spoilers you didn't want, but that's where you have to decide which is more important: the story, or the achievements.

Marx0r
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Also, we have road maps on the way that have a specific section for "missable" achievements. Not only that, but they'll walk you through the game for the important parts of said achievement.