PDA

View Full Version : BIG QUESTION: are the instruments compatible???

brosif74
10-08-2008, 02:25 AM
need to know?

Apple
10-08-2008, 02:26 AM
need to know?

Yes, they are.

Delli55
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd like to see the proof. Can you please cite your reference?

JLogan27
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
On Monday, Sony made an announcement that has probably brought big smiles on gamer faces all over the world. The company said all the instruments made for the PlayStation 3 versions of Guitar Hero: World Tour, Rock Band 2, Rock Revolution and SingStar would be perfectly compatible with one another.
Yesterday, in what could be considered a response to Sony’s move, Microsoft released an official statement that said the peripherals developed for the soon to be launched Xbox 360 rhythm games (provided by Activision Blizzard, Konami and MTV Games) would also be compatible with each other. Chris Paladino, Microsoft online community manager, was the one in charge with bringing the good news; he said the instruments for Guitar Hero: World Tour, Rock Band 2 and Rock Revolution would be "cross-compatible."

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Guitar_Hero_Rock_Band_2_and_Rock_Revolution_t o_Get_Compatible_Instruments_22636.html

Hardangelfan
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
On Monday, Sony made an announcement that has probably brought big smiles on gamer faces all over the world. The company said all the instruments made for the PlayStation 3 versions of Guitar Hero: World Tour, Rock Band 2, Rock Revolution and SingStar would be perfectly compatible with one another.
Yesterday, in what could be considered a response to Sony’s move, Microsoft released an official statement that said the peripherals developed for the soon to be launched Xbox 360 rhythm games (provided by Activision Blizzard, Konami and MTV Games) would also be compatible with each other. Chris Paladino, Microsoft online community manager, was the one in charge with bringing the good news; he said the instruments for Guitar Hero: World Tour, Rock Band 2 and Rock Revolution would be "cross-compatible."

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Guitar_Hero_Rock_Band_2_and_Rock_Revolution_t o_Get_Compatible_Instruments_22636.html

Thats is VERY GOOD NEWS INDEED!

xCOBRAx
10-18-2008, 11:18 AM
i know the question has been answered but i think its appropriate to ask, how do you guys think this is going to play out? obviously the less pads you have available the more awkward it can become. at least thats my thinking. how exactly are they going to take tracks is RR which has a 6 pad + kick setup and adjust that to a 4 pad + kick setup. similarly with the RB drums working with GH how do are they going to do that? im feeling massive overcharting but what do you guys think? or has anyone actually played this game now that its out?

dreamweaver1984
10-18-2008, 01:24 PM
i should get this game from gamefly today, and i was wondering about that very thing, i hope it does a good job, or recognizes what ur using

edd__
10-18-2008, 01:36 PM
i know the question has been answered but i think its appropriate to ask, how do you guys think this is going to play out? obviously the less pads you have available the more awkward it can become. at least thats my thinking. how exactly are they going to take tracks is RR which has a 6 pad + kick setup and adjust that to a 4 pad + kick setup. similarly with the RB drums working with GH how do are they going to do that? im feeling massive overcharting but what do you guys think? or has anyone actually played this game now that its out?
this guy called Jarr3tt88 has uploaded all of the drum songs onto youtube, playing his RB1 kit. In a description for one of them i read, he says in the options menu you can select 5- or 7-pad kit.
Seems a bit lame, but i guess it's good for compatibility

xTEAM eLITEx
10-21-2008, 04:38 AM
They are. My videos are of me using the ION drum set and the rockband 1 and 2 guitar. I have also used the guitar hero explorer