PDA

View Full Version : Last Level "Undefeated" Help?!

TheMollywhopper
09-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Ok, so I've been up all night playing this game and I've now achieved everything in the game with the exception of not dying on the last level... I've tried it over a dozen times and am getting mollywhopped in the worst, most ironic of fashions. I've tried every vehicle to no avail. I pose this question to anyone who has gotten this achievement: How did you do it?

P1NSEEKER
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Your best bet is use the ship you get for 100% completion and keep barrel rolling your way through the level!

TheMollywhopper
09-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Your best bet is use the ship you get for 100% completion and keep barrel rolling your way through the level!

I've tried that particular strategy 3 or 4 times. My problem seems to be getting killed by the random TIE Fighters jaunting through the corridors.

diablocon
09-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Seems like my startegys are catching on. :D

However, onto the topic at hand.

Yeah, this level is a real bitch, and the corridors of the Death Star are a freaking death trap. I always breezed through the first area, only to get humped in the next area.

Make sure to never slow down, when not barrel rolling, you should be moving from left to right as fast as you can. Enemies are everywhere, so obviously never stop firing.

I'm afraid I can't offer anymore than that, since that's all I did really. Once you reach the core, it gets easier, and the escape shouldn't prove difficult.

If I could, I would make a video of me doing it, but I don't have a video-capture card. :(

MadaRenrut
09-23-2006, 05:12 PM
to me this achievement is impossible not cause i can't do it, it's because the xbox won't let me do it! i will post a video if anyone does not believe this but this occurs at the same location everytime when i am escaping the death star that is blowing up.
i will come into the second screen after the short load section and will come around the second turn, my xbox will then freeze at this same location for and my controller will just rumble. this in now the 6th time. However if i die during the level i went ahead and went through the rest to see if it would still freeze...but it doesn't freeze if i die. only when i make it through without dying at that same location it freezes.
there is not anything wrong with the disc the xbox isn't to hot cause i just tired it this morning first thing.
so i don't know whats going on with this, anyone else out there with my delimma

Monsterbox
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Does the freeze occur in both Free Play and Story modes?

MadaRenrut
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Does the freeze occur in both Free Play and Story modes?

just beat that achievement last night! i dunno what difference it was. it did freeze again once and i tried it again just i stood to the right of the screen instead of the left of the screen where it had been freezing before, and for some reason it didn't freeze. after i got past that section my heart started to beat so fast worried that it was going to freeze, and when i showed that falcon zooming out the death star......YAYYYYY!!!

Butters
09-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Fuck I almost beat it and it froze in free play now i gotta try again. I guess hope is all I got. More like a New hope hehehehehe....

Vader XXX
09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I just got this achievement and I must say it is the hardest to get so far. My strategy started by using the TIE Intercepter. It fires 4 times per shot plus it is fairly agile. I used the previously mentioned barrel rolls through the level and never stopped firing. Right before I got to the reactor core and right after the white hallway before it I quickly switched to the M. Falcon. Once I got to the reactor core I continously circled the room flying close enough to the wall so my rear monted gun would automatically fire on the wall targets. They would usually open right after I flew by so I wouldn't get caught in their tractor beams. After they were all destoyed I just circled in front of the reactor core until my trusty auto rear gun blew up its shield. After I shot the torpedo I switched back to the TIE Intercepter so I could exit easier. Again I never stopped firing and I pushed down on the left analog for the entire trip out. This strategy may take some getting used to. I hope this helps. :rock:rock:rock

Krazie
09-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Weird, i was playing this level and my game froze during the escape also (but i did die, this was my first go through, so wasnt really going for the undefeated)

Who else had problems with the game freezing on this level? Strange that it happened quite a few of us, must be a glitch in the game or somethin..

FoxJA
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
For those that are having problems with game freezing, try turning off the vibrate feature, after I did this it never crashed again, don't know if it was because of that or just coincedence but it's worth a try.

Krazie
09-27-2006, 01:28 PM
For those that are having problems with game freezing, try turning off the vibrate feature, after I did this it never crashed again, don't know if it was because of that or just coincedence but it's worth a try.

I'll try that.. Pretty gay, but glad that its not my 360 that froze up(hopefully)

Butters
09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
coincidence because I never had vibrate on and mine froze but I beat it anyways. use the tie intercepter.

FoxJA
09-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I use the Tie Interceptor on this level, and have got through to the final section without dying a number of times, however I always seem to die on the way out after blowing the core.

Is the interceptor still the best one to use for this part, or should I switch to a smaller ship to get past the high girders?

FoxJA
09-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I've just answered my own question, I changed to the snow speeder for the last section, just held the joystick down and pressed fire all the way. Got out no problem.

Now I have all 1000 points!!

MaxPayne2004
10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I got all the way to the reactor without dying and then got caught in the tractor beam and got shredded by the other TIE fighters. I was so pissed off because I only had about 2 or 3 of the panels left before I attacked the generator itself.

Monsterbox
10-02-2006, 10:51 PM
I got all the way to the reactor without dying and then got caught in the tractor beam and got shredded by the other TIE fighters. I was so pissed off because I only had about 2 or 3 of the panels left before I attacked the generator itself.

My advice in this room is to switch to the falcon for the panels and keep using loops (A-button) as the Tie-fighters come in. Since the falcon can shoot in directions other than what it's facing in, it has a better chance of defeating the turrets without being killed. Also, if you find you've taken a couple hits, switch to the Speeder and pick up some hearts. The enemies have a very hard time hitting the Speeder.

shiningcheese
10-04-2006, 01:36 AM
I just got this achievement and I must say it is the hardest to get so far. My strategy started by using the TIE Intercepter. It fires 4 times per shot plus it is fairly agile. I used the previously mentioned barrel rolls through the level and never stopped firing. Right before I got to the reactor core and right after the white hallway before it I quickly switched to the M. Falcon. Once I got to the reactor core I continously circled the room flying close enough to the wall so my rear monted gun would automatically fire on the wall targets. They would usually open right after I flew by so I wouldn't get caught in their tractor beams. After they were all destoyed I just circled in front of the reactor core until my trusty auto rear gun blew up its shield. After I shot the torpedo I switched back to the TIE Intercepter so I could exit easier. Again I never stopped firing and I pushed down on the left analog for the entire trip out. This strategy may take some getting used to. I hope this helps. :rock:rock:rock

Yeah I used tie interceptor and a ton of barrell rolls. I also had the damn game freeze on me as I escape the death star. I got so pissed because the first time it happened was after trying the superstory mode.

MoonSka
10-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and suggestions on the last level. I just finished it tonight, due largely to reading some of your posts. Thanks!

NeoVampiro
10-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah ive froze one this level aswell, i also froze on endor as you cross the river i just thought it was my game lol.

Brigade
10-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I am joining the rest of you in the hopes of getting this bloody achievement done .. and yes those corridors are a 'death trap.'

On to the other topic at hand: I've noticed my Xbox freezing up (on other games as well) .. but the rendering (plus the fact that you've probably been working on it for a REALLY long while) might be causing your box to freeze. If mine starts acting up (or the cubby it's in gets really warm after a long session) I pull it out and stick it upright .. I've NEVER had it freeze on me in this position (in the open air) .. and you also might want to play with the 'blooming' filter in the option menu .. all those pretty explosions make the vid card work overtime, which generates more heat, which might also be part of the problem.

Just an idea.

LeiChat
12-13-2006, 01:54 PM
When you say "down on the left thumbstick" do you mean click in, on down as in back ?
If you mean down, doesn't that make you loop? If so, how do you make any progress along the corridors ?

Wet Factory
12-14-2006, 06:14 PM
im pretty sure he means forward on the stick so that your always accelerating.

i can get past the first part, and the tunnels and the escape without taking any damage. but the room with the pillar in the middle its frustrating me. everytime i try to take out the guns right next to the door, the enemy fighters that file into the room just come in and have auto aim on me. no dodging, no barreling helps. their aim is always a direct hit. How irritating!!!

Wet Factory
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
ok i finish it yesterday! my trick. i kept dying by the pillar. i was frustrated so my girl gave me some. afterwards i came back and flew threw it twice with not a scratch. So if you having problems, get some first and then play. LOL

Cordes
12-28-2006, 10:44 PM
So, to put this discussion to an end:

Prevent lockups:

1. Make sure your XBox stands upright
2. Turn off vibration
3. Turn down blooming filter

To get the last achievement

1. Start off with the Tie Interceptor
2. Use the Millenium Falcon in the core room
3. Use the snowspeeder to get out
4. Barrell roll as much as possible
5. Don't bomb the first set of three targets as its time consuming and only gives you a canister

Last but not least:

LISTEN TO Wet Factory

That's how I did it and I got it second try...

ScottEvil30
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
I actually found this level a LOT easier than Flight of the Falcon.

LeiChat
01-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I actually found this level a LOT easier than Flight of the Falcon.Glad to hear that... any tips for either level, for those of that don't find it so easy please?

ScottEvil30
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Cordes guide to Death Star is spot on, only part that come close to being troublesome is the core, but as long as you stay away from the walls and use the falcon then you will be fine.

As for flight of the falcon, I used the falcon to take on the star destroyers then switched to tie interceptor for the asteroid field. took me a good few attempts for this one.

killerharu45
01-22-2007, 04:20 AM
so the best ship for these vehicle levels would be the tie interceptor?

killerharu45
01-22-2007, 05:24 AM
I finally got this one after many, many tries! :woop:

Huge applause to whoever made that guide! Also to the person that wrote down the tip of using the snowspeeder to
collect hearts in the core!!!

NEVER HIT ONCE WHILE USING THIS SHIP!!!!! :)

I now have 1000 gamerscore on Lego Star Wars.

For those that havent done this game and think it will be an easy 1000
This game is a pain in the ass. But very fun.

:Bounce: WOO HOO:Bounce:

flu
01-29-2007, 02:06 AM
the way i did it was jusst using the interceptor and doing barrol rolls for the first 2 parts of the death star. then for the last part i did the thing where you fly and shoot the person behind you, then i used the snow speeder for the escape