PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Zoid 3

CabooseBlueArmy
10-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I just need a good method to get this achievement, Like what weapons, armor, skills I should use. How many of the other 27 zoids I should kill before going after the unknowns.

daglutton
10-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey mate, I just unlocked this achievement last night. I tried it 4 times, with minor adjustments in the setup until I got it.

My Zoids were like level 26-27 and here's my basic setup:

- 2 lasers
- 2 Magara SG (L)
- 1 Spiky thing (the one with 750 in power, I guess)

I had to put all the armors to the heavy, but so far I've been using the medium one. Use the best heavy armor here. You're gonna lose a lot in mobility and movement, but you won't have to move at all.

The skills are basically the repair ones and defense. I had 3 zoids capable of repairing and the 2 laser zoids with defense.

As soon as it begins, move your team to the first lonely tree that is right above where you start and place the best repairer next to it and the other zoids around him. The central zoid must have that skill to heal surrounding units automatically (first aid + maintenance).

After you get there, don't move anymore, just keep killing the stupid zoids when they get in range. Only move your close combat zoids if an enemy zoid is getting close enough. Most of times the laser zoids will do the dirty job alone.

Wait until the 3rd or 4th wave arrives, kill 1 or 2 enemy zoids, and then take your laser with best mobility to the crate located in the top left of the map - while moving, always use the defense mode. You don't need to break all the crates, but only that one and the big zoids will show up.

When they arrive, EMP the hell out of them. It's gonna take a while, specially because one of your laser units is alone, but if you manage to bring him back using the defense, it's gonna be a piece of cake to kill the bad guys.

Oh, and don't forget, if you have only 1 zoid alive, choose Withdraw and at least the EXP points will be yours ;)