PDA

View Full Version : Game-by-game Achievement Guide

Mathematics
10-09-2008, 04:04 AM
This is another one of the guides that I wrote on another site before deciding to join the forums here. Its a quick and easy achievement guide that breaks down the offline achievements into individual games for maximum efficiency. Hope it helps.....

"Alright, to start there are 21 offline achievements and most are identical to last years. The means to obtaining them holds true from last year as well.

To start, go to My NCAA and edit 2 teams, one will be all 7'6 giants and another all 5'4 midgets. Also go to settings and turn everything off and max all the user sliders up.

Now, I will split the achieves up by games so you can multitask these achieves. All these achieves can be done with two controllers, so do it that way.

Game#1: Lets start slow and go JV 2 minute halfs. Win the tip and run down an hit a shot. No shot clock will mean you can eat the rest of the clock out to finish the game. Achieve:

-No turnovers
-No opponent 3 pointers

Game#2: same everything except 20 minute halfs (to be safe). Start by taking your center to the opponents basket and using the Right Analog to put your hands up behind the basket, then put the midget on the other team with the ball behind him and try to shoot. The ball will get tipped for a block and usually can be recovered by the midget for another block (great tip thought up by someone else last year, I take no credit for this idea). Do this until you hit 14 blocks. Now move on to trying to steal the ball with your center after the midgets inbound. It gets tricky, so sometimes move them across halfcourt for a easy double team and try to recover the forced turnover. When you intercept you should be scoring or getting an assist each time. Once you hit 13 steals, its time to go to rebounds. Whenever you inbound with the midgets, just hit B to shoot. While the ball is in the air hold RB and switch to your center if he has the best shot at a rebound, andif he doesn't, switch to the closest player and have him run the other way. 51 rebounds will take a while, maybe the rest of the game, but this is your D for the rest of the game. Just remember to give him a few seconds after the basket to get back to your defensive zone, there are no timers on for the inbound so donít rush.

On offense, you should be hitting 3's with your center on your way to 15 3ís in the game and 100 points. You also need 22 total assists, so dish one out every once in a while. Once you hit about 70 points, its time for free throws. Use the back button on the 2nd controller to start intentionally fouling your center. Do this until he has 30 free throws made.

At any point you can check the controller layout to activate the various Ďpump upí and floor general achieves as well.

After your center hits his 100 points (30 FTM and 15 3ís min), 51 boards, 22 assists, 13 steals, and 14 blocks, try to have one of your teammates hit easy shoots and go 10/10 shooting from the floor. Once he hits it, pull him from the game to be safe.

After you are done, kill the clock until the end for all these achieves:

-13 steals
-14 blocks
-15 3ís made
-22 assists
-30 FTM
-51 rebounds
-20 FTM, team
-100 points, player
-100% shooting, player
-Floor general, Pump crowd/Team
-double double
-triple double
-quadruple double

Game#3: Quick break game. Go 2 minute halfs and sit on the ball through halftime and simply wait until the game clock is down to 1 second to shoot and hit the shot. Achieve:

-buzzer beater

Game#4: 2 minutes, switch to All-American difficulty. Have the midget team intentionally foul you until you go to the line. Here you have to hit 10/10 shots from the line. If you miss, restart the match. Hit those 10 and no other shots then sit on the ball to finish the game. Achieve:

-100% FT on all-american
-win all-american game without 3pt made.

Game#5: delete your previous settings to default and play a ten minute all-american game against the midget team. Simply hit a few shots and go up by 10 or so points, then simple advance the game until about a minute or so left and switch the midget team from the second controller to CPU control. Simply win the game. Achieve:

-All-American victory

Well thatís all. 910 easy offline points in less than 2-3 hours. Not bad at all. Most of these strategies are pretty basic and based of last years game, so thatís why I split stuff up in games to ensure a quick collection of achievements. Hope this work for everyone, and I will edit in stuff if needed."

Chilidog Chaos
10-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Great job man. I'll definitly be using this when I rent it.

Planet13
10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Great guide just need online.
GT Planet13

damcrac
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
thanks, will use!

KRS
04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Awesome guide. Exactly the sort of thing this game needs to avoid playing loads of unnecessary games. I am printing it out today to have at it this evening.

jrrdnx
04-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Great guide! Has come in very, very handy so far. One question, though... how do I advance the game? I can't find anywhere in the menu to advance it...

jonesat
04-24-2009, 12:42 AM
the last one, for all american victory, doesnt work. tried it 3 times now.

jrrdnx
04-24-2009, 01:23 AM
the last one, for all american victory, doesnt work. tried it 3 times now.

Did you install the update for the game? If so, it won't work... you have to clear the cache to remove all the updates and do it. I can verify this, I had to do it since I had already applied the update, and on my first attempt after clearing the cache the achievement popped right up.

Agent4ortySe7en
05-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Great guide I just got the game and will be useing it. Thanks

LX PROTOCOL V2
06-13-2009, 08:31 PM
This is better than the origanal guide. Note though, you can get buzzer beater on your first game (or try for it). Otherwise, thanks for your effort!

wildwest08
08-14-2009, 12:13 AM
thanks for this great guide made it a ton easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRCL
08-15-2009, 09:13 PM
does this have to be done without the patch or with?
I got a few without the patch and then when I updated I didn't get the achievements I completed ;\

GreenBand
12-20-2009, 07:46 AM
This guide was very helpful. I didn't know that "All-American Victory" had to be finished against the CPU. Thanks.

poopstain killa
07-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks !!!!!!! :)