PDA

View Full Version : where can I find a cheap guitar?

zeroway21
10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
is the les paul worth buying?

Valiant Goat
10-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Since I've owned about 8 of them, I'll go with 'not really'.

Most of the guitars I had to return had mega sensitive star power activation, other then that and the problems caused by the detachable neck I do like the LP controller. You just have to hope for a decent one, or be willing to do a mod for full satisfaction.

I'm personally looking forward to the new WT guitar, hoping it doesn't have the same issues(it at least has a much improved neck connection).

Are you planning to just get the WT disc, or looking to save a little money on a second guitar controller?

Iv VeNoM vI
10-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, Ive had 4 Les pauls, they suck. The xplorer is a bit smaller but is WAY better in my opinion. It has a great strum bar, great buttons and i havent had a problem with it.

OzzieDreamer
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Check out the deal Dell has going for the GH: Aerosmith bundle. You can always sell the game and get a really cheap, new guitar! Get coupon code at cheapassgamer.com!
My friend bought this full price and the wireless guitar is really nice!

Valiant Goat
10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Well, Ive had 4 Les pauls, they suck. The xplorer is a bit smaller but is WAY better in my opinion. It has a great strum bar, great buttons and i havent had a problem with it.

I'm the opposite on the xplorer, I dislike it overall. I never liked the clunky buttons, and I couldn't find a good way to hold the guitar because of the body shape (I always play sitting down). You can't beat it's reliability though, it wont drop notes on you. The strum bar on the xplorer never have me any problems, unlike some LP strum bars but I think that's because of the vast range in quality of the LP controllers.

zeroway21
10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Since I've owned about 8 of them, I'll go with 'not really'.

Most of the guitars I had to return had mega sensitive star power activation, other then that and the problems caused by the detachable neck I do like the LP controller. You just have to hope for a decent one, or be willing to do a mod for full satisfaction.

I'm personally looking forward to the new WT guitar, hoping it doesn't have the same issues(it at least has a much improved neck connection).

Are you planning to just get the WT disc, or looking to save a little money on a second guitar controller?

I'm planning to buy GH:WT game first.

I told brother to buy the guitar but he isn't sure how much it would cost...

I see on gamestop.com its 30$ for a used one.

Valiant Goat
10-09-2008, 11:42 PM
I've not bought a used GH controller before, but I'd be weary of them. If you're willing to mod a guitar, fixing the star power activation and stiffening up the strum bar are the easiest mods to do. Fixing the neck connection, to resolve dropped notes, can be tough if simple rubber band/paper shim fixes don't do the trick. So the biggest thing you want is a good neck connection.

I'm sure you'll eventually want the WT controller anyway, it looks like it could be a perfect controller if it's reliable.

zeroway21
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I've not bought a used GH controller before, but I'd be weary of them. If you're willing to mod a guitar, fixing the star power activation and stiffening up the strum bar are the easiest mods to do. Fixing the neck connection, to resolve dropped notes, can be tough if simple rubber band/paper shim fixes don't do the trick. So the biggest thing you want is a good neck connection.

I'm sure you'll eventually want the WT controller anyway, it looks like it could be a perfect controller if it's reliable.

I may buy the x-plorer guitar instead.

Iv VeNoM vI
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I may buy the x-plorer guitar instead.

It will last you so much longer man.

Valiant Goat
10-11-2008, 08:26 PM

That's for sure! I just can't play the xplorer for long periods of time because the thin neck causes my hand to cramp after a while, but it is a fairly solid controller.

zeroway21
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Thanks.Do you know for sure if gamestop sells them?

Iv VeNoM vI
10-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks.Do you know for sure if gamestop sells them?

Yea i got mine there.