PDA

View Full Version : 'Code Junkies' Forum

Eternal
10-10-2008, 08:35 AM
In the Off Topic category, there could be a new forum for coders to talk and discuss stuff. This forum would concentrate on coding (obviously) and discussing programs, etc.

-- Before anyone says it... if the coding section doesn't profit or help the site, then why should the entertainment and the sports forums be here? o.O

Thanks.

Daywalker-san
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Wow, that would be sweet. Perhaps if its not big enough for aa whole forum make it a sub-forum for the tech center?

Skillet
10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow, that would be sweet. Perhaps if its not big enough for aa whole forum make it a sub-forum for the tech center? Out of 115,000+ members... maybe 200 of them know anything about code. And that's counting inactive ones. Of course, I could be wrong... but if you want to talk about code, couldn't you just do so in the tech center? Or maybe even off topic.

Daywalker-san
10-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Out of 115,000+ members... maybe 200 of them know anything about code. And that's counting inactive ones. Of course, I could be wrong... but if you want to talk about code, couldn't you just do so in the tech center? Or maybe even off topic.

Probably, i was posting from a point of view that i personaly would find it cool, and notthinking of the tens of people who would use it.

Skillet
10-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Probably, i was posting from a point of view that i personaly would find it cool, and notthinking of the tens of people who would use it. Yeah, basically. The sports and entertainment boards are there because they serve a purpose to roughly 90% of the site. I just made that number up but I'm sure that I'm close. The media forum is an example of a section that isn't the most active on the site... but it's just active enough.

Eternal
10-11-2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah I agree, but it would be a fun and interesting forum to talk with fellow coders. As Daywalker said, it could be a subforum in the Tech Centre.

Minty
10-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Just wouldnt be enough interest in it tbh. The sorts and media sections started because people were clogging up the off topic board talking about them. I don't remember seeing more than 5 threads on coding, which isnt really a boards worth.

Khaos
10-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I agree with the mint... there's not enough demand to create an entire forum.....

...a sticky in the Tech Center could be a possibility. If you want, make a good thread talking about code and such, and we'll keep an eye on it.