PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Gets All Games 3 Days Late

WRETCHES
10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Want to rent a game you've been looking forward to playing, but don't want to pay $60 to buy? Blockbuster never gets them on Tuesday, usually on Friday, 3 days later. I'm going to have to wait for Saints Row 2 and Dead Space, and there is a chance Dead Space won't come out even on Friday because I called and they said its not even in their systems.

Superfro33
10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Want to rent a game you've been looking forward to playing, but don't want to pay $60 to buy? Blockbuster never gets them on Tuesday, usually on Friday, 3 days later. I'm going to have to wait for Saints Row 2 and Dead Space, and there is a chance Dead Space won't come out even on Friday because I called and they said its not even in their systems.

As far as I'm aware, this has unfortunately always been the case with Blockbuster. I remember having it happen all the time with PS2 and Gamecube releases. Glad to see they haven't changed with the times. :rolleyes:

I'm extremely lucky by having a local indy rental place that gets stuff on release day and is super awesomely priced to boot.

Good luck!

Ritchie Goodall
10-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Dude was that really worth a thread?

My local Blockbuster (Aberdeen, Scotland) gets games and dvd's etc on the day...

Marx0r
10-10-2008, 07:09 PM

I would think that if you anticipated the game enough to want it the day of release, it'd be worth a buy.

ITD Soldierboy
10-10-2008, 11:04 PM
My blockbuster actually starts to let people rent them the friday before the games actually come out.

kantizuni
10-10-2008, 11:10 PM
^^ Well rent while you can then, before they get fired. lol

ITD Soldierboy
10-10-2008, 11:12 PM
They've been doing that since the old N64 days, so I think no one is complaining. :woop:

Pashos
10-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Like Marx0r said, if you are waiting for a game to rent it, why don't you just buy it?

Tailz
10-10-2008, 11:25 PM
This is like the 3rd blockbuster related post by this guy the last couple of days. Like Marx0r said buy it instead of complaining about them not getting it.

CyanideBreathMint
10-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Like Marx0r said, if you are waiting for a game to rent it, why don't you just buy it?
My guess? Because some don't have the moola to fork over that amount? Waiting 3 days for a game to come in after its initial release isn't that long. Patience really is a virtue, especially over a video game.