PDA

View Full Version : Flying missions help

Tron
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
thought i would add a bit of help...

i have found that the flying missions are soooo much easier if you turn on Tractor Beam and Infinite Torpedos... i havent gotten the achievements yet because i occasionally (read: always) fly into walls, but you wont be shot down very easily by enemy planes and you save a lot of time with the infinite torpedoes because you dont have to go get them...

P1NSEEKER
09-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Does using the tractor beam count as an extra? Meaning you cant get the achievement?

Tron
09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
i got the achievement for beating the emperor palpitine with extras on so i would ASSUME (meaning i have no actual proof) that you can beat it with extras on and get the achievement.

i honestly dont know, but i do know that it will make beating it without dying much easier

Monsterbox
09-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Which ones did you have turned on? The achievement descriptions explicitly mention no Extras turned on. If you did use some and did get the achievement, that would be something worth knowing...

diablocon
09-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I swear, if there's a programming oversight that lets you use extras during missions and still get the achievement... :rant:

Evidence from someone else would be appreciated. Maybe it's just Jedi Destiny where this happens though.

Monsterbox
09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Worth noting: I just completed "Rescue the Princess" in Episode IV with the 2x score Extra turned on without dying and didn't get the achievement.

ws][Eric
09-21-2006, 10:11 AM
You are talking about two different things here!

Erton means that by using extras it is easier and you will still get the main achievements. He never said something about undefeated!

Tron
09-21-2006, 11:16 AM
true that... i did get the undefeated on Jedi Destiny with extras on however. to clarify.

diablocon
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
[Eric;107343']Erton means that by using extras it is easier and you will still get the main achievements. He never said something about undefeated!

Oops, my bad.

Yeah, if you're just after the percentage complete achievements, the extras do help it go by a lot faster.

TheMollywhopper
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
So, can anyone confirm the use of a specific cheat while doing a flying mission and still getting the undefeated achievement?

shiningcheese
09-22-2006, 04:04 PM
On the first death star level (Episode IV, Chapter 6) I used the snowspeeder to do the level. Its funny because you are such a small target, you rarely get hit. I beat it without dying on the first try with the snow speeder.

The Asteroid level (Episode V, Chapter 3 [i think]) I switched between the TIE interceptor, which has a very powerful gun, and the snow speeder. The snow speeder again, makes you a small target and its easier to maneuver around. I used the TIE interceptor in the beginning where you have to shoot the 16 turrets because the interceptor takes them out very efficiently. Then the remainder of the level i used the snowspeeder. no special tactics, just flying straight through, only shooting/torpedoing necessary targets.

Hoth (Episode V, Chapter 1) is probably the only tough vehicle level in that you have to constantly dodge laser attacks and those little black droids are annoying as f*ck. But my best advice to you is to just know the level well enough to just blow through it as fast as possible, not worrying about minikits, true jedi, etc. And at the end, where you have to kill certain waves of enemies, the first 2 waves just go around the area (shaped like a big circle) killing the specific targets, picking up dropped health. But if no health is around, shoot the rocks for hearts. On the 3rd and 4th wave, attatch yourself to the AT-ATs (big mofos) and just circle around them, shooting as you go around... killing other enemies. Don't be shy about detatching and picking up health from defeated enemies. I know this still isn't easy but thats the strategy that I used, only took me 2 tries this way.

Lastly, on the second death star level (Episode VI, Chapter 6) I used the TIE interceptor the entire level. The beginning part where you have to blow up the Star Destroyers is just a test of your skill on killing the ships as fast as possible. If you are around one of the Star Destroyers and no Tie fighters carrying the torpedoes aren't around, just go to the next ship, they'll eventually spawn and you can go back to the skipped star destroyer. On the second part, when you're actually in the death star i kinda cheaped out and held down X, and constantly did barrel rolls the entire way. Until the final room where you shoot the panels on the walls and finally the center... I just flew around in a circle killing enemies and collecting needed health until the enemies dwindled a little and shot the panels and the center. Then you fly out unharmed (assuming you don't get caught in the fire). That method took me 3 tries.

Even though these tips wont make the achievements a cakewalk, its still a helluva lot easier than doing it 100% legit.