PDA

View Full Version : Need help

gambit61
10-11-2008, 07:12 AM
So, I bought a used 120 GB hard drive about a month ago and it didn't have a transfer cable. I called microsoft and they told me to fill out the request form for a free migration kit. The only problem is that the form asks for a serial number from an elite system, and that's not what I did. Now I'm trying to find a migration kit to use but nobody I know has one. I checked craigs list and there was nothing listed there. If anyone can think of something I should do, let me know. And PM me so that I know someone replied. I'm really getting tired of my hard drive just sitting there while my old 20 gb hard drive is completely full.

Daedryon
10-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Why does this topic seem familiar......

I swear either you or someone else has posted about this.....

Anywhoo, try your local EB Games/Gamestop/High Score Entertainment (Canada only I think) shop, they should have them. I still have mine but I can't find the necessary CD it came with to do the transfer....I think I burned the CD in a fire.

gambit61
10-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I did that, but at the time nobody had any. i suppose I could go around again and see. And Also, I did not pose this question before. It's funny you mentioned it, too, because I was making sure I didn't before I noticed you replied.

Daedryon
10-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Well if I do find the CD laying around, I'll find out how to send the transfer kit to you (for free, of course, as I dont need it).

If not, then I guess you're screwed until you find one.

gambit61
10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. What sucks is one game store did have the transfer cable, but it didn't have the disc, so it was basically worthless. AND they were charging $15 for the cable alone, even though without the disc it was worthless.