PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda Looking Into Fallout 3 Leak

DJbruce
10-11-2008, 10:21 AM
http://kotaku.com/5062027/bethesda-looking-into-fallout-3-leak

I say about time

"We're looking into it. Since we haven't sent out a single disc, it greatly reduces the number of places this might have come from."

Lordvader178
10-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Thank god. This is great, crackdown on the pirates!!

Yid1984
10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
When they catch them they should ban there accounts on live. We dont want cheaters around these here parts :uzi::eek:

darkskyofclouds
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm glad to see that a game company is going to do something about it unlike ( Volition Inc & THQ ) Game pirates are di*kheads. i hope they find the person and throw away the key. full criminal charges :uzi:

Outline
10-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I'll be honest, I agree with the ban for anyone's that got a copy.

Axe Argonian
10-11-2008, 03:52 PM
They haven't shipped a single disc? Yeah right. According to a friend of mine, a store sold a copy to one of their workers. What does that mean? That means that Beth HAS shipped some copies.

I hope they ban the pirates.

Wollz
10-11-2008, 04:08 PM
i hope they get a huge fine as well as a ban.

Tubson57
10-11-2008, 04:14 PM
If legal action can be taken, I think it should be to the fullest extent to help prevent others from doing the same again.

Ultra_extreme
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
They have these in store thats BS from beth. I get all my games through a GAME uk warehouse and they got fallout 3 on thursday.

MS wont ban gamertags (might lose customers to sony....) just consoles

MS cant tell the difference between copies and legit discs atm so bans are impossible

The crime of copying licensed material is classed as a misdemeanour and unlikely to be charged against any individual.

Outline
10-11-2008, 05:05 PM
MS cant tell the difference between copies and legit discs atm so bans are impossible
But surely Bethesda knows who should have the copies; it's 20 days till consumers should have it for christ's sake.

And legal action won't be taken against individuals, but the torrents should be removed.

Ultra_extreme
10-11-2008, 05:16 PM
The central distribustion warehouses for the major retailers need a lot of time to get logistics in order so the palettes of games turn up very early. Lately however some pirates i know have had games a bit before ive seen them in the warehouse, this suggests to me that some reviewer somewhere is leaking the games, this the devs will definately look into and hopefully find the culprit

ChampRobin
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
When they catch them they should ban there accounts on live. We dont want cheaters around these here parts :uzi::eek:

How are pirates cheaters exactly? I'm sure there are some people who downloaded the game, liked it, and plan on purchasing it when it's released.

Deathblow23
10-11-2008, 08:23 PM
If legal action can be taken, I think it should be to the fullest extent to help prevent others from doing the same again.

I agree...criminal prosecution is in order.

androsmere
10-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh Snap!!!

Heads are gonna roll.

Chaosflare
10-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Why can't we just arrest and hang people like the good old days?

Mister X
10-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Mmmhmm, and none of you have stolen music? I HIGHLY doubt this. In fact, who of you has permission from the copyright holders to use the images you have uploaded/linked to as your avatars?

Not justifying anybody's actions, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and be subject to more scrutiny than the accused.

And people have been doing this since shortly after the 360 launched. Was everybody magically ignorant of this until this week?

Mathematics
10-12-2008, 02:36 AM
I have never stole music and I have managed to get a gamerscore of 125k without having to steal or obtain any game through dubious methods.

People who steal things online, music, games, movies...are just as guilty of stealing as the guy who goes into the Best Buy and does it.

Maybe because I am older and grew up in the pre-internet world and my beliefs are 'old fasioned', but it really sickens me how kids nowadays just think they have a right to steal whatever they want online because other scumbags have set up a system that allows them to do it with little recourse.

Outline
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM
And people have been doing this since shortly after the 360 launched. Was everybody magically ignorant of this until this week?

Excuse me for not replying to the rest of your post, but what you've said has already been discussed numerous times.

This has been going on for a while indeed, but there have been very few titles as anticipated as Fallout 3 (For many, many reasons that I'm sure you're aware of), so it's a huge insult for people to one, be skipping the queue, and two, ripping off a well respected company like Bethesda. Beth's reputation means a lot of people care about the game being ripped off; more so than other games that have been released in the past couple of years.

It's also true that since this game is so highly anticipated by all platforms (PC, 360, PS3), there is a greater audience ripping Bethesda off. Now you may not care about Bethesda and just want to argue about teenagers downloading shit, but I for one am pissed that I'm going to be buying a full copy to support the company, whereas there's people playing something a company have put months and months of work into, without paying a single penny.

blackflame0729
10-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Yea, I was looking on trueachievements.org and say people already get achievements for it.

JokersSmile
10-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I have downloaded this game and was playing it last night. It's an awesome game. I don't feel bad for downloading it. because I've already payed for the collector's edition and i don't plan on canceling that order. Beth did a great job with this game and i plan on supporting them for it.

Bigman73
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm glad to see that a game company is going to do something about it unlike ( Volition Inc & THQ ) Game pirates are di*kheads. i hope they find the person and throw away the key. full criminal charges :uzi:
Dude are you serious? The Game got leaked early...so what??? Most of you sound like jealous Girls that didnt get the chance to sleep with the most popular Guy in school...lol. Its a Game...people are playing it and not thinking twice about You...so why worry about them? You shouldnt Hate on them because they were able to make things Happen and you were not.

Bigman73
10-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Excuse me for not replying to the rest of your post, but what you've said has already been discussed numerous times.

This has been going on for a while indeed, but there have been very few titles as anticipated as Fallout 3 (For many, many reasons that I'm sure you're aware of), so it's a huge insult for people to one, be skipping the queue, and two, ripping off a well respected company like Bethesda. Beth's reputation means a lot of people care about the game being ripped off; more so than other games that have been released in the past couple of years.

It's also true that since this game is so highly anticipated by all platforms (PC, 360, PS3), there is a greater audience ripping Bethesda off. Now you may not care about Bethesda and just want to argue about teenagers downloading shit, but I for one am pissed that I'm going to be buying a full copy to support the company, whereas there's people playing something a company have put months and months of work into, without paying a single penny.
You can also sign over your paycheck to them for support as well...lol. No one is stopping you from dedicating your Life to them....its your choice.Anything that comes out that is worth something...EVERYONE will want it, and do whatever it takes to get it. Its Human nature to want what you cant Have. The Game got leaked, and whether you want to admit it or not..the company will Still make millions off the Game, so hold off on selling your 1st born to Bethesda..They are Far from Hurting and who knows...they might even send you an official Pip Boy for your Devotion.

Outline
10-12-2008, 11:15 PM
You're completely ignoring the point of giving what is due.

llammalrdsofsci
10-13-2008, 01:34 AM
so are u seriously going to sit here, being as big of fans as you are, and tell me that if u were offered the chance to play this game early you wouldn't? all i see in this thread and many others is the same about 4-5 people flaming anyone who says anyhting about having it early. Immediately assuming they downloaded it, and sounding like someone who is just jealous that they themselves are not able to play it early.

yes i've played it, and i enjoyed it, and come september 28th, ill be in line to purchase it. Because i support the companies I like.

I know exactly what youre feeling, i remember when halo 3 first leaked, I was furious and wanted to go to the person's house and burn it down, but I will admit it was out of pure jealousy and i can only hope that some of you will admit the same.

Bigman73
10-13-2008, 02:04 AM
so are u seriously going to sit here, being as big of fans as you are, and tell me that if u were offered the chance to play this game early you wouldn't? all i see in this thread and many others is the same about 4-5 people flaming anyone who says anyhting about having it early. Immediately assuming they downloaded it, and sounding like someone who is just jealous that they themselves are not able to play it early.

yes i've played it, and i enjoyed it, and come september 28th, ill be in line to purchase it. Because i support the companies I like.

I know exactly what youre feeling, i remember when halo 3 first leaked, I was furious and wanted to go to the person's house and burn it down, but I will admit it was out of pure jealousy and i can only hope that some of you will admit the same.
I have Nothing but Respect for your Honesty...I just wish other people would bust out of their Denial Bubbles. If u are a TRUE Fan of a Game or anxiously awaiting a Game, the average person would jump at the Chance to play it...regardless of if its an early release or not. I havent heard of anyone physically walking into Bethesda...holding them at Gunpoint for Fallout 3. No Gamestops,Best Buys, or Game Krazys have been robbed for their Fallout 3 shipments. Its an internal problem that I hope they can Deal with.Im not going to cry about it..whine..or play Pirate Police..lol. Some people lucked up and got it early...Whoo-Hoo!!!! Good for them...sucks for Us, but Im a patient man and know that the Best things sometimes are worth waiting for.

ImmortalArbiter
10-13-2008, 05:51 AM

If I was offered a copy for free, then yeah, I'd take it and play it. But if I saw it laying in a place where I would have to steal it, then no.

I'm not jealous that anyone is playing it early, since I have plenty of games to play and achievements to get as it is, but stop trying to justify thievery by saying people who are up in arms about piracy are jealous. If you really do go out and buy it, more power to you, but the fact that you have a modded Xbox and are able to download and play pirated games will make people take what you say with a grain of salt.

Piracy has pretty much killed the PC gaming industry, and I think many will share my sentiment in that I do not want to see it kill console gaming, as well.

llammalrdsofsci
10-13-2008, 06:50 AM
If I was offered a copy for free, then yeah, I'd take it and play it. But if I saw it laying in a place where I would have to steal it, then no.

I'm not jealous that anyone is playing it early, since I have plenty of games to play and achievements to get as it is, but stop trying to justify thievery by saying people who are up in arms about piracy are jealous. If you really do go out and buy it, more power to you, but the fact that you have a modded Xbox and are able to download and play pirated games will make people take what you say with a grain of salt.

Piracy has pretty much killed the PC gaming industry, and I think many will share my sentiment in that I do not want to see it kill console gaming, as well.
i completely agree with you, albeit u may have taken me out of context
i was mostly pointing toward those who are going to extremes "Why cant we hang people like the old days" etc. Seems like there are plenty of mature enough people on this forum to have a solid conversation and i cant stand those stupid ones

Lordvader178
10-13-2008, 07:36 AM
How are pirates cheaters exactly? I'm sure there are some people who downloaded the game, liked it, and plan on purchasing it when it's released.

I'm sorry, but even you know that's a lie. Why would you buy the game if you already got it for free?

HamsterLV
10-13-2008, 07:49 AM
This is bull! Haven't sent out a single copy... where do you think the previews come from? This is the same as GTA IV, R* sent the game many places to give editors a chance to review the game early and it leaked! So f*** them, don't send the game around before it is launch time, let them editors do their reviews with all da gamers!

Outline
10-13-2008, 09:05 AM

If you read before posting, you'd know that I personally consider this fine; it's those that have cancelled their pre-orders and decided not to buy it, because they can easily have it for free.

daz0rz
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry, but even you know that's a lie. Why would you buy the game if you already got it for free?

Its not a lie my games been pre-ordered for awhile now off play.com(special edition) I dont see anything wrong with playing it early.

Pirating and not buying then thats a problem, this game is really really really really good. Bethesda deserve it! :mad:

Mister X
10-14-2008, 12:49 AM
All of the people I know of who have burned the game have already paid off their preorders. I dunno, maybe you guys should get out more, and realize that not everything is how you imagine it to be.

Well, back to doing things other than fretting over a video game.

rockhopper
10-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I will admit that I get really pissed off and jealous when people get a game early that I really want. I know I should just ignore it and it's not really a big deal overall. It doesn't bother me so much if they have it and just play it on their own, what pisses me off is when they come on these forums to brag about it. They know damn well that leaked games are not available to the general public yet and they come on forums and reveal spoilers or they start threads asking for tips or help to get through a certain part of the game. It's just trying to get attention or something.

If you're going to play a leaked game early, don't come to the forums to brag and act like you're better than everybody else, and don't ask for help when about 99% of the public haven't played yet so they have no idea what you're talking about. Don't put in your signature that you were first in the world to 1000 a game when you had the game for a full week before everyone else. Better yet, just play offline and keep it to yourselves. I'm not saying that's happened for Fallout 3, but I've seen it for many other games.

DJCookieUK
10-14-2008, 01:36 AM
OK lets put on a skew for the sake of changing direction my a millimeter or two

..........Thanks to the one or few people who couldn't help themselves from grabbing a review copy of the game......
.......... yes the one or few who fully intend on paying full price for this in a few weeks....
..........yes the one or few that do that and also use that advantage to help others on here and have answers ready for when my copy arrives and my thinning hair is once again under threat of disappearing altogether ......
.......... you few rock :P

OK thats the end of my spin on reality ... I'm gonna go lie down while you lot keep up the good fight to bring up this subject again and again...... PEACE :p

Mustkill9
10-14-2008, 06:30 AM
If it was as easy to steal new video games, as it is to steal new music, this thread would look entirely different. I'd love to see a check mark next to the names of everybody who complained in this thread, who have also been downloading music lately. Now that, is hypocritical.

No I don't have Fallout 3.

IcE SH0cK
10-14-2008, 03:10 PM
You can also sign over your paycheck to them for support as well...lol. No one is stopping you from dedicating your Life to them....its your choice.Anything that comes out that is worth something...EVERYONE will want it, and do whatever it takes to get it. Its Human nature to want what you cant Have. The Game got leaked, and whether you want to admit it or not..the company will Still make millions off the Game, so hold off on selling your 1st born to Bethesda..They are Far from Hurting and who knows...they might even send you an official Pip Boy for your Devotion.

Hey hey, I actually appreciate that Outline is giving care for the company at least. I'm going to do the same of what Outline is going to do. Yes is true that the game will still make millions but at least you know you waited for the game fairly and legally

IcE SH0cK
10-14-2008, 03:13 PM
I will admit that I get really pissed off and jealous when people get a game early that I really want. I know I should just ignore it and it's not really a big deal overall. It doesn't bother me so much if they have it and just play it on their own, what pisses me off is when they come on these forums to brag about it. They know damn well that leaked games are not available to the general public yet and they come on forums and reveal spoilers or they start threads asking for tips or help to get through a certain part of the game. It's just trying to get attention or something.

If you're going to play a leaked game early, don't come to the forums to brag and act like you're better than everybody else, and don't ask for help when about 99% of the public haven't played yet so they have no idea what you're talking about. Don't put in your signature that you were first in the world to 1000 a game when you had the game for a full week before everyone else. Better yet, just play offline and keep it to yourselves. I'm not saying that's happened for Fallout 3, but I've seen it for many other games.

I feel you man, I feel the same way

Ultra_extreme
10-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Interesting skew on this.....What about buying the game second hand? Its technically against the EULA (end user license agreement) and it gives NO money to the company. Yet no one here would have any problem doing that. I would say that on the whole the second hand game trade takes more money out of the developers pockets than piracy does.

Outline
10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Interesting skew on this.....What about buying the game second hand? Its technically against the EULA (end user license agreement) and it gives NO money to the company. Yet no one here would have any problem doing that. I would say that on the whole the second hand game trade takes more money out of the developers pockets than piracy does.
That's actually such a good point that I've never considered.
Hat off for this post, and now I have to think twice about trade-ins :mad:

Wollz
10-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Yea but the idea is that at least someone bought the game in the first place.

Mustkill9
10-14-2008, 05:46 PM

You're right, and the video game makers don't like it, but feel powerless to stop it. The internet and ebay in particular has made it simple to get discounts on everything, by buying second-hand, and buying fakes. Louis Vuitton is suing ebay right now for 1)sellers do not have permission to sell their products, and 2)fake products bring down the value of their real products.

And they wonder what's happening to the world economy. Everybody's ripping each other off.

Tron
10-14-2008, 06:11 PM
normally i dont throw my two cents in, but i will. this may not be my outlook and i may not agree with this but i think its interesting to see things in different perspectives.

There is a recent article (i dont have currently but will find) that basically states that those that download the games can actually benefit companies. The numbers that do are apparently small enough and allows for more games to be played by the end user (pirate) on the console. The point is that if the person had absolutely no intention of buying the game, then the company actually wins. The user, paying nothing for the game, creates free advertising and exposure for the publisher. Anyone play NHL 09 yet or Rainbox Six Vegas? I almost choked on my Yakasoba when i was checked into the boards in an NHL game and faceplanted on a picture of Obama. Advertising is now dynamic and in a lot of games. The more exposure advertising gets, the more they can charge for spots. Also, lets say you have never played any of the Silent Hill series. You dont plan on spending 59.99 for Homecoming, but you will pirate a copy and give it a try. It technically does not cost anything to the publisher for you to download the copy, not in production, not in supplies (ie disk, manuals, case) or even logistics (shipping) because you didnt get any of those. Now all of a sudden you are hooked on Silent HIll. You get a silent hill tat and rave about it to all your friends, and become a loyal silent hill customer. Who gets hurt there?

i do agree that ppl are jealous. i see 5 ppl on my friends lists playing Saints Row 2 and i want that for me. i understand the pain of having to wait until release dates. on the other hand, i remember Krazie and i getting mass effect 10 days early (from KMart) and being done with it before the release. ups and downs people, circular. Personally i am a big fan of having the game case as i am a big fan of cover art, its odd but i think there is something cool about the cases themselves.

Mustkill9
10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
normally i dont throw my two cents in, but i will. this may not be my outlook and i may not agree with this but i think its interesting to see things in different perspectives.

There is a recent article (i dont have currently but will find) that basically states that those that download the games can actually benefit companies. The numbers that do are apparently small enough and allows for more games to be played by the end user (pirate) on the console. The point is that if the person had absolutely no intention of buying the game, then the company actually wins. The user, paying nothing for the game, creates free advertising and exposure for the publisher. Anyone play NHL 09 yet or Rainbox Six Vegas? I almost choked on my Yakasoba when i was checked into the boards in an NHL game and faceplanted on a picture of Obama. Advertising is now dynamic and in a lot of games. The more exposure advertising gets, the more they can charge for spots. Also, lets say you have never played any of the Silent Hill series. You dont plan on spending 59.99 for Homecoming, but you will pirate a copy and give it a try. It technically does not cost anything to the publisher for you to download the copy, not in production, not in supplies (ie disk, manuals, case) or even logistics (shipping) because you didnt get any of those. Now all of a sudden you are hooked on Silent HIll. You get a silent hill tat and rave about it to all your friends, and become a loyal silent hill customer. Who gets hurt there?

i do agree that ppl are jealous. i see 5 ppl on my friends lists playing Saints Row 2 and i want that for me. i understand the pain of having to wait until release dates. on the other hand, i remember Krazie and i getting mass effect 10 days early (from KMart) and being done with it before the release. ups and downs people, circular. Personally i am a big fan of having the game case as i am a big fan of cover art, its odd but i think there is something cool about the cases themselves.

That's a great post for its intelligence. I totally agree with you. First of all, there really aren't that many people downloading video games- percentage maybe 2% at most. I'll say 0.8% of everybody with a 360. (According to a site I use, usually only about 500 people have gone online with games like GTA4 before they come out. More could be playing without ever signing into Live.) They're not going to buy these games anyways, that is true too.

The only problem comes when a game comes out that the pirate WOULD have bought. But those are usually games like GTA4, and Rockstar games isn't going to miss those few sales, because they are already selling so many games.

Wollz
10-14-2008, 06:43 PM
hmmmmm, never thought of that, still think that if you pirate games your a douche.

LOCKDOWN123
10-14-2008, 06:48 PM
If people get games early, it does not mean that they are pirated. If you order games from the internet there is a good chance you will get the game early, for example, I got The Orange Box two days early, Bioshock two days early and both LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman a day early. Although in this case it is piracy since the game is not out for some time and Bethesda have stated that not a single copy has been released.

Also, just recently my friend got Saints Row 6 days early just by ordering it off the internet.

Outline
10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Tron, that's assuming the consumer had no intention of buying the game.

And if they had no intention of buying the game, what is it to them to bother downloading it?

Tron
10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
i think assuming that people only download games they were originally intending to buy is naive. Im not going to buy Rapala Fishing Frenzy for 40 bucks, but if i can download it for free, why the hell not? i think you need to broaden your mind sir. there is no more black and white.

FascistCat
10-14-2008, 10:02 PM

Let me just say that it was console gaming that killed the PC gaming industry. Console games will never be as good as PC games. Unfortunately, your average person would know nothing about that because of the ease of plugging a console in to a socket and immediately playing a game. That being said, when you know a thing or two about how computers work, you can easily mod a console. My heavily-modded Xbox is far superior to the garbage they are still releasing. I don't have to send it to MS every six months because of the 3RROD, and yes...it even plays copies. Now why would people take what I say with a grain of salt?

Ultra_extreme
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
hmmmmm, never thought of that, still think that if you pirate games your a douche.

A shower? isnt douche french for shower? Or perhaps you are referring to douche bag, where douching in the pre victorian renaissance europe a douche was the equivalent of an intra-vaginal enema, the 'bag' referred to was a vessel used to capture the discharge from this process, some texts suggest it was drunk as a fertility aid, although that really makes me a bit vomity.

People who download games are intra-vaginal cleansing discharge collection vessels. Douchebags. Some history and culture for ya'll

DJbruce
10-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Interesting skew on this.....What about buying the game second hand? Its technically against the EULA (end user license agreement) and it gives NO money to the company. Yet no one here would have any problem doing that. I would say that on the whole the second hand game trade takes more money out of the developers pockets than piracy does. Could say the same about rentals but then again rental companys pay a fee.

Outline
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Tron instead of deleting my posts, give this a read:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/13/bethesda-deals-with-pirates/

Ruthless
10-15-2008, 09:52 AM

They should fuck the uploader not the downloader, if there was no uploaders there would be no downloaders, so eliminate the uploader and problem solved. ;)

Also not everyone with pirate games is stupid enough to play them early, however i have somone on my FL who downloads every game lays it for 5 mins get a 0 GS and never touches it again. I personally dont see the point and it really winds me u to see him doing this.

@ Everyone - Dont boost if you got it early and played it. It makes you look a twat. Also most people who pirate seem to be Irish, is that just me or are you all seeing this? :p

Outline
10-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Also most people who pirate seem to be Irish, is that just me or are you all seeing this? :p
I lolled indeed.

Tron
10-15-2008, 01:42 PM

this has to do with the PC you degenerate twit.

let outline be a lesson. i am fair but i am firm. if you want to have an honest conversation about a topic, be open to HEAR all sides. Start slinging shit, or calling a Super Moderator a "righteous fuck" and you will be looking for a new site for your achievement needs.

scooke87
10-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I can't believe that the day after Fallout 3 goes gold, its leaked. I hope they catch the people who did it and take them to court. I hate how people have steal games. I wonder if anyone was playing it on Xbox. If so, I hope Microsoft caught them and gave them the ban hammer like the people playing Halo 3 until 12/31/9999.

Tron
10-15-2008, 04:23 PM
again MS can not determine which users are press and which ones are modders...have you noticed our own admin Webb x360a has played both Saints Row 2 and Fable 2 before they have been released? He has review copies, but how does MS know that? MS wont and cant take the risk of banning press ppl that have the game legally.

Ruthless
10-15-2008, 05:44 PM
again MS can not determine which users are press and which ones are modders...have you noticed our own admin Webb x360a has played both Saints Row 2 and Fable 2 before they have been released? He has review copies, but how does MS know that? MS wont and cant take the risk of banning press ppl that have the game legally.

Webb is so lucky, i dont wanna do the reviews i just want the games!!!

Tron
10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
ive already tried that, does not work. :(

DJbruce
10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Webb is so lucky, i dont wanna do the reviews i just want the games!!!Or make really short reviews. "There is only one word to describe this game, Amazing". <= Easy as that :p.

Mustkill9
10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
They should fuck the uploader not the downloader, if there was no uploaders there would be no downloaders, so eliminate the uploader and problem solved. ;)

If it were that simple, they might be doing that. The problem is, the uploaders come from many different countries. And many of these countries do not go around arresting uploaders ever.

Just because in America they will come to your door, arrest you, and sentence you to multiple years in jail, America has no authority to tell other countries what to do. And the problem is so widespread, with so many uploaders, America can't be on the phone all day complaining to every country that they are harboring uploaders.

DJbruce
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I can't believe that the day after Fallout 3 goes gold, its leaked. I hope they catch the people who did it and take them to court. I hate how people have steal games. I wonder if anyone was playing it on Xbox. If so, I hope Microsoft caught them and gave them the ban hammer like the people playing Halo 3 until 12/31/9999. Yeah I was going to make an achievement guide but now there seems no point :( . Mind you I started making this when the achievements were first announced and this hadnt gone gold yet.

Ice97
10-18-2008, 04:23 PM

What brand of glue have you been sniffing??? It doesn't matter how awesome a game is....if someone downloads it...loves it, beats the crap out of it over and over....I highly doubt they are gonna spend $60 on it "just to support the company". My girlfriend pre-ordered the game for my birthday....but I have to wait 2 weeks to get it. I could have downloaded it...but I didn't. Why?....cause i'm not a little pirating bitch that can't wait for retail games. Plus I like playing my games mostly unbugged instead of playing hacked versions.

jwmc1971
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM

Ice97
10-18-2008, 05:03 PM
so you have a modded box ??

Suppose I never thought of that when I typed my response. Figure of speech I guess. No my Xbox is not modded. I play games the old fashioned way. I buy and rent them. My gamerscore is just over 10,000....and i've had my Xbox for 2 1/2 years. I barely play games and clearly do not have the score to back up downloading games. And people say that stealing games is not different then stealing music. It is. Cause people download songs...but still buy the cd's. And band's go on tour and make tonnes of money. I mean I doubt you're gonna go to a stadium and drop $50 to watch or play a game. I've never heard of anything like that.

Wollz
10-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Yea your right. The music industy have several ways to make money but the video games industry have either buying the game or buying game extras. If you take away buying the games the industry will go bust.

jwmc1971
10-18-2008, 06:50 PM
heh , ok ..that did sound weird at first ...

anyway ..http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-gamesjobs19-2008oct19,1,6707712.story

this is form 1 hour ago . 50 BILLION in sales this year . not advocating ANYTHING ILLEGAL either .
QUOTE " Still, analysts say that video games generally hold up well during economic slowdowns, and they expect 2008 sales to reach record highs. "

on the other hand
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Editorial-Game-Industry-Already-Affected-By-Recession-12870.html

DJbruce
10-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I really wanted to make an achievement guide and now I'm not so sure.

HamsterLV
10-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Should have guarded it better....

Super_Chicken
10-18-2008, 07:46 PM
What brand of glue have you been sniffing??? It doesn't matter how awesome a game is....if someone downloads it...loves it, beats the crap out of it over and over....I highly doubt they are gonna spend $60 on it "just to support the company". My girlfriend pre-ordered the game for my birthday....but I have to wait 2 weeks to get it. I could have downloaded it...but I didn't. Why?....cause i'm not a little pirating bitch that can't wait for retail games. Plus I like playing my games mostly unbugged instead of playing hacked versions.

Um, I've done this with Rock Band, GTA 4 and COD 4. I own (purchased) each on both PS3 and 360, and I downloaded the 360 version of Rockband early because for it came out in the US a month before Canada. For the others I've bought copies on both the PS3 and 360, and for COD4 I even own it on PC as well.

I only back up 360 games because I don't want them ruined and if I get the game before buying it, I buy it no matter if I like it or not. If I'm iffy about the game I'll wait and rent it first.

I don't consider this piracy, and yes I support developers. Speak with your money, I don't buy DLC if I disagree with the prices or the content.

F Stumbleduck
10-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I'll be honest, I agree with the ban for anyone's that got a copy.
Outline (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=30260)
Banned User
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/ranks/Member.png

They know damn well that leaked games are not available to the general public yet and they come on forums and reveal spoilers or they start threads asking for tips or help to get through a certain part of the game. It's just trying to get attention or something.

...don't ask for help when about 99% of the public haven't played yet so they have no idea what you're talking aboutActually I've already contributed to and been helped by several threads on this forum. I know this is a difficult concept to wrap your head around, but maybe the people asking for help actually just want help. If you don't want to read it, nobody's making you read the thread. Nobody's trying to rub it in - after all, you're just as capable as the rest of us of modding your Xbox, but you haven't because it makes you feel morally superior, which is a notion we dismiss.

also: ITT people who are jealous that they don't have the game pretending they have morals

Wollz
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
also: ITT people who are jealous that they don't have the game pretending they have morals[/quote]

Man you saying people are jealous is just your way of justifying yourself.

zapp14
10-19-2008, 05:08 AM

Really? If your just another jack-off maybe. If the game was atrocious, maybe. But we're speaking about Fallout 3 here, which is an awsome game. On top of just having the game people who bought get fanware, box, ease of mind that thier save games will work with the DLC, and never have the issue of worring wether or not thier account will still be up in the morning. Getting a game early takes effort and risk so good for them but I won't feel bad if they get ban'd.

-Zen

Oddish
10-20-2008, 10:01 AM
LOL @ all the jealous people wanting to ban people! :D And also, what's this talk about "hacked" versions of the game? The pirated version is exactly the same as the retail. LOL

Vegetan
10-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by llammalrdsofsci http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1222654#post1222654)

i like how you posted this on the 13th of october lol

Almighty Tubsta
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Also most people who pirate seem to be Irish, is that just me or are you all seeing this? :p

'Yarr, Paddy'

Ice97
10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
6 more days til the real game comes out!

DJbruce
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
6 more days til the real game comes out! They have the real game. Presuming you mean retail then yeah.

Almighty Tubsta
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
:( 9 days in UK!!

DJbruce
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
:( 9 days in UK!! Think thats bad ? I have to wait til November 27th :(.

rickyfeeney
10-22-2008, 06:14 PM
i know its not good to download the games. but hey if you had the chance to save money i bet you would take it. i prefer to have the case and all the things that come with the game. oh and does the dlc work with the game thats downloaded. just wondering. :confused: anyway only a few days left now. anyone who has got the game please tell me.

is it good enough to risk getting banned.:p if it is i may download it lol

Stewie Griffin2
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
It's time for all of you to quit trying to act like martyrs and just admit the only thing that pisses any of you off is that someone has this game before you. It's like someone dangling something right in front of your face but you can't reach out and touch it.

And by the way, it's not cheating to be playing this game now, just because the rest of us can't get the achieves for it doesn't mean someone is cheating if they can.

Tron
10-22-2008, 08:20 PM
im bored by all this.