PDA

View Full Version : possible to miss achivement missions?

Sms4001
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm sure this is way too early for anyone to know.. but i know i had read that you can pretty much kill anyone you want regardless of if they have a mission for you or not... do you think it would be possible to miss one of the achievement missions by killing someone?

Chaosflare
10-12-2008, 01:26 AM
This is why we have the internet and the Save ability, my friend. Good ole Bethesda always makes that enjoyable. xD

Outline
10-12-2008, 09:55 AM
NPC's that are vital to missions cannot be killed until they have fulfilled their purpose.

androsmere
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM
NPC's that are vital to missions cannot be killed until they have fulfilled their purpose.

I can't wait to kill people after they have "fulfilled their purpose."

BMS
10-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I know taking the G.O.A.T is missable, because when i took it it crashed, so when i got to that point again i skipped it, then i realised it was an achievement
:chair

kantizuni
10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I can't wait to kill people after they have "fulfilled their purpose."

Just like real life! :D

Ultra_extreme
10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
You CAN kill vital NPC's thus blocking those missions. I havent yet tried to kill a major story NPC but knowing bethsoft you will just get a message telling you the main quest is screwed and allow you to carry on.

Outline
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
You CAN kill vital NPC's thus blocking those missions. I havent yet tried to kill a major story NPC but knowing bethsoft you will just get a message telling you the main quest is screwed and allow you to carry on.
Try it on another save file.

Bethesda have said that vital NPCs will be knocked out, much like they were in Oblivion.
That is, until they've served their purpose.

IcE SH0cK
10-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah that is true. If you played oblivion or your an oblivion fan, you probably know that. But one question, wasnt it possible to kill someone if it was a side quest giver?

Stebs
10-13-2008, 02:31 PM
in megaton there is a bomb in the middle of the town, when you get 25 explosive skills you can decide to rig the bomb to explode or diffuse it, by blowing up the town you would lose access to at least 2 achievements. Wasteland survivor and blood ties

goothgone
10-13-2008, 03:04 PM
in megaton there is a bomb in the middle of the town, when you get 25 explosive skills you can decide to rig the bomb to explode or diffuse it, by blowing up the town you would lose access to at least 2 achievements. Wasteland survivor and blood ties

this is the first 2 quest i did when i enter megaton Wasteland Survivor take a lot of time damn

Outline
10-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I suppose what I was saying is story related - by blowing up the town you miss the achievements for those, but it doesn't halt the story to the point where you can't go on

Ultra_extreme
10-13-2008, 05:15 PM
You can kill a number of characters that are mission critical. As said i dont think you can cripple the main quest like you could in morrowind. But you can DEFINATELY kill achievement bearing mission holders.

Minor spoiler to illustrate point for those desperate to know

I know this because i made a save and killed ' Three Dog' before completing the 'Galaxy News Radio' mission (achievement 20GS) This mission came up 'FAILED' thus rendering the achievment impossible.

Spinal232
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I know this because i made a save and killed ' Three Dog' before completing the 'Galaxy News Radio' mission (achievement 20GS) This mission came up 'FAILED' thus rendering the achievment impossible.

did the radio station stop broadcasting? lol