PDA

View Full Version : Big online achievement glitch!

rapid riot boy
10-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Ok this is really weird. One day me and my buddy were playing on the first level, we were playing a dukematch. Well, i accidently killed myself but i soon realiseD that i actually gained a kill. We tried it one more time and it wouldn't stop. So my buddy did it until he got to 100 deaths to see if the achievement for 100 kills would unlock and...IT DID, This is the method that i used to get 500kills.

NOTE:
this affects your leaderboard ranking because it would count it as deaths not kills. Make sure you do it all in one sitting because if you leave the game or if you turn it off your kills WILL reset. (Kills that you got legitalmy won't reset) If there has been any updates it might not work. Here are the Steps to clarify it more.

1.) Get a friend who is willing to help.
2.) Host a ranked dukematch and tell your friend the settings so he can search for it in a custom match.
3.) Find a level which has either a rocket launcher or pipebombs. ( i used the Holly Wood Holocaust level)
4.) Kill your self until you get the achievement.
5.) Enjoy! :drunk

Dimrill
10-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Curses. Just registered to crow about finding this last night. *shakes fist impotently*

Anyway, aye, confirmed that suicides seemed to count. The best method I found was to jump into a one-on-one match and try to get Duke Burger on an unlimited time. Lots of explosives on there. Then there's always the Stadium, but that's normally got a 10 minute time limit on.

mjc0961
10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm sure we all appreciate your eagerness to help, but we've already known for a while that suicides count towards those three achievements.

I think you're the first to say that turning off the game makes the suicides that were counted disappear from your total, though. We'll need to investigate that further.

EDIT: Okay, got in a match. Started at 504 on the stats page, and got 18 kills and 4 suicides in that match. Puts me up to 526. I'll quit to the dashboard, sign out of Xbox Live, sign back in, reload the game, and see if it goes down to 522.

EDIT 2: Nope, still have 526.

TFK Antix
10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
So we have confirmation that this works? So I can go into a level with unlimited time with a buddy and kill myself until this unlocks?

VeNGeD
10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I had no idea suicides count as kills... I will do it this way then, seems alot easier than actually killing people.

x STDC x Clint
10-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I discovered this too, how ever much I love playing duke I just wasnt interested in the MP, so I boosted these for the achievements.

Didn't have any trouble losing the kills, did it over a space of a couple of days.

Balamatrix
10-19-2008, 12:09 AM
i got mine the hard way lol i wish i had seen this first. the online isnt too bad its jsut really laggy most of the time

TopBadge
11-07-2008, 09:49 PM
i may have to try that at some point :eek:

SuperNova X2X
11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow, this is awesome news. Just need to find someone to boost with now...

X4 Buzz
11-18-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm always up for some Dukematching. GT= X4 Buzz

Mindslave
11-24-2008, 06:07 AM
if anyone wants to join one of my matches so we can suicide until we get the achievement then just message me

xxYamiBakuraxx
11-26-2008, 04:59 AM
this has got to be one of the most sadest ways i've seen for anyone to get online achievements- and it does hurt the people who are only trying to play the game- so please, to anyone who is attempting to get this achievement in this manner, have a partner who agrees to do this glitch with you. i've ran into people doing this and what could of been a 5 min (at the most) match, turned out to be much longer.

NFaMuS one
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
sounds like an easy way...i just posted a vent session in the forum lol...cause im tryin to get these legit, cause this was a game i had back in the day on PC...played it to death when it first hit the PC...but people dont ever want to stay and finish a ranked match...so frustrating