PDA

View Full Version : My Rock band bass pedal's broken..

PunksNotDead2k8
10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I just played a few songs today then i heard some crack, then saw my bass pedal broken..:eek: so i make this thread to gather some advice buying some real bass pedal.. so im planning to buy real bass pedal..
If you have a advice for me what will i get for my rock band bass pedal..;)

please post some Pictures of a real bass pedal that are good.

so i can get any tips what will i buy for my rock band bass pedal..:)

bob150
10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
First go to support.ea.com and they should replace the pedal.
If you want a better pedal, you could look into buy a metal-reinforced or wooden pedal online.
Also the new RB2 drums come with a steel pedal. They should really sell that separate...

You should try that first, you could also get the destroyer pedal from rockbandpedal.net, which is perfect for advanced players. My pedal has snapped too I will be investing in one of these pedals soon. I just managed to fix my pedal for now, If it's cracked in he middle like mine I can help you provide a temporary fix if you need it.

PunksNotDead2k8
10-13-2008, 04:42 PM
You should try that first, you could also get the destroyer pedal from rockbandpedal.net, which is perfect for advanced players. My pedal has snapped too I will be investing in one of these pedals soon. I just managed to fix my pedal for now, If it's cracked in he middle like mine I can help you provide a temporary fix if you need it.

yeah.. im not playing RB1 for a while.. buying a real bass pedal soon..:woop:
thanks for the info though..:)

TwistedFate
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
yeah.. im not playing RB1 for a while.. buying a real bass pedal soon..:woop:
thanks for the info though..:)

Any particular reason you are set on a real pedal over one of the stronger RB pedals? BTW, that Destroyer pedal mentioned earlier IS a real pedal. It's just been modified for use in RB. It even has the beater assembly still in tact so you can add a beater and use it on a real kit.

Lucent Beam
10-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Haha, I see myself quoted here!

I bought a wooden pedal from woodrockpedals.com but I don't think that site works anymore. My only problem with it was that the pin slipped out so I had to use electrical tape to make sure it stays in... I love the way it feels to play though, but I'm sure there is better out there.

I don't particularly like the RB2 pedal in comparison.. I feel like it's harder to hit quick than my wood pedal.

The site above is sort of pricey.. and not sure I could justify $75 on a new RB pedal but if you want long lasting quality, I guess it's worth it for some people.

TwistedFate
10-13-2008, 05:18 PM
The site above is sort of pricey.. and not sure I could justify $75 on a new RB pedal but if you want long lasting quality, I guess it's worth it for some people.

Yeah it is pricey for a game component, but he has to cover the cost of the pedal, plus compensate for the time it takes to mod it. Doing it yourself won't be much cheaper. That pedal alone costs anywhere from $35 to $50 depending on where you get it.

I just bought a machined aluminum plate off ebay ($20) for my pedal when it snapped. A little glue, a couple of screws and it's all good.

PunksNotDead2k8
10-13-2008, 06:00 PM
guys.. please put some pictures for me to now what will i buy.. please..

PunksNotDead2k8
10-15-2008, 01:50 PM
y is there no one will give me advice? huhuhuh.

SebastianSB
10-15-2008, 04:04 PM
For starters, the RB1 forums are pretty dead by comparison. Not that many people still visit these compared to the RB2 ones. Most of the regulars probably already responded.

TwistedFate
10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I've already asked why you want a real one over a sturdier RB pedal and got no response. I can't help if I don't know your reasoning behind it. Are you looking to get in to drumming or are you just thinking it'll be 'cool' to have a real pedal. You'll get a different answer depending on your reasoning.

Plus I told you that the one already mentioned in this thread is a real bass pedal already modified for use in RB.

PunksNotDead2k8
10-15-2008, 04:29 PM
I've already asked why you want a real one over a sturdier RB pedal and got no response. I can't help if I don't know your reasoning behind it. Are you looking to get in to drumming or are you just thinking it'll be 'cool' to have a real pedal. You'll get a different answer depending on your reasoning.

Plus I told you that the one already mentioned in this thread is a real bass pedal already modified for use in RB.

im very sorry for the late reply.. really busy.. ;)

anyway.. i want a real bass pedal cause i think its sturdy than the RB1 plastic pedal.. i really dont know.. but i guess ill buy the real bass pedal den maybe ill mod it..
what do you think? :woop:

PunksNotDead2k8
10-15-2008, 04:31 PM
For starters, the RB1 forums are pretty dead by comparison. Not that many people still visit these compared to the RB2 ones. Most of the regulars probably already responded.

yeah.. i think so. maybe from now on. ill post my rock band topics to RB2 forum.. ;)

TwistedFate
10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
*sigh* Let's try this one more time. http://www.rockbandpedal.net IS A REAL PEDAL THAT HAS BEEN MODDED TO WORK WITH RB. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MOD IT, IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE FOR YOU.

If you insist on doing the work yourself, I recommend one of these pedals.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DW-4000P-Chain-Sprocket-Single-Bass-Drum-Pedal?sku=448954
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tama-HP30-Single-Bass-Drum-Pedal?sku=449317

bob150
10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
if I had the cash I'd be buying a destroyer pedal, don't fancy attempting to mod one myself, the destroyers are a good price for what they are.

PunksNotDead2k8
10-16-2008, 09:23 AM
*sigh* Let's try this one more time. http://www.rockbandpedal.net IS A REAL PEDAL THAT HAS BEEN MODDED TO WORK WITH RB. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MOD IT, IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE FOR YOU.

If you insist on doing the work yourself, I recommend one of these pedals.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DW-4000P-Chain-Sprocket-Single-Bass-Drum-Pedal?sku=448954
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tama-HP30-Single-Bass-Drum-Pedal?sku=449317

yeah.. thanks.. but im going for the one on the first picture you share..(DW 4000P Chain and Sprocket Single Bass Drum Pedal).:woop:

i dont want to get the destoryer. i dont like the design..

PunksNotDead2k8
10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
if I had the cash I'd be buying a destroyer pedal, don't fancy attempting to mod one myself, the destroyers are a good price for what they are.

yeah. the destroyerpedal is a good price but i just dont like it. sorry but i really dont like the destroyer pedal at this time. maybe soon if my 2nd RB pedal will break again. im gonna buy the DESTROYER PEDAL for sure. :p

Almighty Tubsta
10-18-2008, 02:54 PM
This happened to me......I stuck a plank of wood over it with some no more nails, and if anything its better cos i can really pound it!

PunksNotDead2k8
10-18-2008, 04:01 PM
This happened to me......I stuck a plank of wood over it with some no more nails, and if anything its better cos i can really pound it!

yeah.. maybe i should do that.. but i will just buy the real bass pedal and mod it myself.. thanks though. :)