Losing Data - Avoiding and fixing

Agusta1

Many people have either heard of data loss, or have had their data erased. Here are some tips to avoid getting it erased:

1. Try to play with people with green bar connection / Wait for the patch

~I was playing with my friend today, and as we beat the last level he lagged out. He got to the main screen to discover his data was gone.

2. Don't sign out while in game

~This happened to another of my friends. You don't need to sign out during the game anyways, so just stay on your profile and you will be safe

3. Exit Correctly

~If you have to go back to dashboard (especially during an online game), don't use the guide to get back. Take the extra 10 seconds to go to the main menu and hit "Return to Arcade". You'll thank yourself later.

Also, to go along with this, if you get an invite for online while in a local game, back out to the main menu before accepting the invite.

4. Avoid Switching 360's

~Switching your hard drive to a different console already messes with all your data. Doing it with Castle Crashers can be even worse.

Now I've heard of two ways that have been confirmed, if you know any more be sure to post them. This is the method that has worked for people I know:

1. Go to the main menu of Castle Crashers while signed into the profile you lost your data on

2. Sign out of your profile (Guide Button > X)

3. Sign back in (Guide Button > X)

Also, if that doesn't work, try this method:

1. Go to Xbox Live Game (Castle Crashers)

2. Sign in using the tag you usually use

3. Create a match using the following settings: 0 Private Slots, 4 Max Players, Hidden Characters "Yes"

4. Toggle ready, then back out to the main menu

5. Go into Local Game, and check if your stuff has been returned

Another method is:

I've been reading lots of reports that there are people claiming to have lost their saved data and have been reset back to Lvl 1 on every character. I had this same thing happend to me unforunately but I think I have found a fix. Both times this had happend to me what I did was simply just turned off 360, took off harddrive and reconnected the harddrive and loaded the game back up. Sure enough this has worked both times the game had my saves reset. So when this happends to you people again do not restart just simple follow these steps and you will have your stats/game save back :). So this has to be a load issue in the game and doesn't load your game file right.

Taken from Xbox.com forums http://forums.xbox.com/22985721/ShowPost.aspx

3. Exit Correctly

~If you have to go back to dashboard (especially during an online game), don't use the guide to get back. Take the extra 10 seconds to go to the main menu and hit "Return to Arcade". You'll thank yourself later.

Also, to go along with this, if you get an invite for online while in a local game, back out to the main menu before accepting the invite.

4. Avoid Switching 360's

~Switching your hard drive to a different console already messes with all your data. Doing it with Castle Crashers can be even worse.

I have always exited correctly.. but i once used my HDD on my bros 360 and lost everything..

At the time i'd not done much though, so it was hard to get it all back..

But since then, i haven't tried it again and with me always exiting the game properly i haven't any problems

I have always exited correctly.. but i once used my HDD on my bros 360 and lost everything..

At the time i'd not done much though, so it was hard to get it all back..

But since then, i haven't tried it again and with me always exiting the game properly i haven't any problems

that would suck.