PDA

View Full Version : Playing for Fun......

RTyPE9
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I've had this game for just about a week and have only gotten the prologue achievement.......I know for sure that I'll get the gang takedown ones, but after that I've decided this is a going be a "just for fun" game for me.....anyone who has the game yet agree or disagree..........

daninthemix
10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I've had this game for just about a week and have only gotten the prologue achievement.......I know for sure that I'll get the gang takedown ones, but after that I've decided this is a going be a "just for fun" game for me.....anyone who has the game yet agree or disagree..........

Play for fun? Bwa ha ha! Ridiculous!

Masta Mylez
10-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I came to this web-sight for hints and tips. I only play games for fun. People who play games for achievements are lame and seem to have no life. Microsoft gives you NOTHING for achievements. Why waist all that time on computer generated numbers. If you like a game then try to get all the achievements. But why waste money and time on points that mean nothing in the real world.

greg
10-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Play for fun? Blasphemy.... as for masta mylez `` People who play games for achievements are lame and seem to have no life``if u only play 4 fun what kind of tips u need??..lol

Masta Mylez
10-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Play for fun? Blasphemy.... as for masta mylez `` People who play games for achievements are lame and seem to have no life``if u only play 4 fun what kind of tips u need??..lol
Like the 200 piegons and the stunt jumps on GTA4. This is an excellent site for game news, reviews and previews. And i like to here other peoples opinions on certain games. Games I like I will try and get all the achievements but purchasing or renting crappie games for some computer generated numbers does not make any sense to me. How does a high gamerscore benefit you? Microsoft gives you nothing for them! I know Microsoft created achievements to add to games, to make them last longer and give the player reasons to play said game longer. Games are meant to be fun and entertaing. The only score I care about that has to do with numbers is my bank account increasing. Now that's an achievement.

DFB 1708
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Well that would be awesome :). I really agree with Masta. I never rent games and I just take a look at demo's and reviews and play them and check if I like them, If the game isn't in between I buy it and if I don't like it I just bring it back and not firstly get every achievement in a day before bringing it back, I'm not going to fakely buy a game for the achievement. Gaming is for fun, thats kind of a better thing to PS3 just plain Fun Gaming.

Bobo
10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Well that would be awesome :). I really agree with Masta. I never rent games and I just take a look at demo's and reviews and play them and check if I like them, If the game isn't in between I buy it and if I don't like it I just bring it back and not firstly get every achievement in a day before bringing it back, I'm not going to fakely buy a game for the achievement. Gaming is for fun, thats kind of a better thing to PS3 just plain Fun Gaming.

damn!! they let you return games that have been opened in holland?!?!? my gamerscore would be 6 digits by now

FoxRacing1234
10-15-2008, 04:29 PM

I don't know a lot about PS3 but don't they give you Trophies? I don't know if they're the same thing as achievements but you still get something for playing, right? Frankly I've always felt that if I don't unlock something then there's no point to a game, whether it's an achievement or more things in the game. It bores me if I'm not going to get something from it. Unlocking something gives me something to look forward to.

DFB 1708
10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
If it are cool games I unlock achievements as kind of a Side Quest.

And bobo that does depends on the store

HamarSkald
10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Actually, if you get a gamerscore of 100,000, they give you a car. But you're not supposed to tell anyone about it.

DFB 1708
10-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Riiight. U got proof or something. I won't believe u anyway

daninthemix
10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Actually, if you get a gamerscore of 100,000, they give you a car. But you're not supposed to tell anyone about it.

That's why I heard. And don't you get a boat at 200k?

DFB 1708
10-16-2008, 08:56 AM
So why don't my friends have a boat and a car? Cause I got some friends with 277.345 GS

daninthemix
10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
So why don't my friends have a boat and a car? Cause I got some friends with 277.345 GS

He must have hacked his GS. You have to earn it legit.

Bax x360a
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
So why don't my friends have a boat and a car? Cause I got some friends with 277.345 GS Don't tell me you actually believe him... You get jack shit for gamerscore. Stallion would have a house by now!

DFB 1708
10-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't believe him. I know u get nothing but would be cool if ther where for .. GS a month XBL ;)