PDA

View Full Version : Things you shouldnt sell, drop or avoid.

Ultra_extreme
10-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Ill spoiler tag as usual, this is just a few items from the game that you start out thinking are worthless junk but turn out to be collectible and you wish you'd kept em!

1)Nuka-cola Quantum: Effervescent, luminescent, blue cola.
Where? Everywhere from the start
Why? In Grayditch you are given a quest to get 30 of them for one of two people in the town (Achievement: The Nuka-Cola Challenge) If i had kept all mine id have completed it right away! Dont worry there are loads more than 30 in the world.

2)Pre War Books. Undamaged but useless books.
Where? Again everywhere, often in undamaged houses of in the personal possessions of living characters
Why? There is a Female scribe of the Brotherhood of steel collecting these, located in the national library, she pays well for them.

3)Brotherhood of steel holotags
Where? On bodies of downed brothehood of steel soldiers
Why? There is a scribe in the citadel, the keeper of the scrolls in A-ring who pays you for them and gives you advanced technology.

4)Thumbs and ears
Where? on the bodies of dead enemy humans once either the 'lawbringer' or 'Hitman' perks have been activated.
Why? On activating the perk you will be shown a HQ for the organization, there you can trade the tokens in for cash and occasional equipment

Thats all i can think of atm, anyone has additional items please post but spoiler tag it if u do!

Spinal232
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM
both pre war books and sugar bombs can be sold to certain people for many times their listed price

(books are sold to a brotherhood scribe in a library in dc and sugar bombs are sold to some ghoul in a metro tunnel somewhere who is making ultra jet)

jwmc1971
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
the old man running the water treatment plant will buy scrap metal for 10 caps a pop . i made a lot in the beginning off him . also , you can earn XP everytime you do it . another one is the alien laser pistol . i think i accidentally repaired another gun with it . you find it and ammo at a space ship near a sat. dish . also if you read the pc in the citadel it has a report from before the war on how they tracked an alien ship , then lost it somewhere near arlington . they also say they are not alone ...nice tie in for the gun . their maybe more .....

Strygrog
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Brotherhood Hollow-Tags looted off fallen brotherhood members.
Nuka Cola Quantum for the Nuca cola challenge quest.

I've been saving the toy trucks too. Seem kinda too random not to be used.

Smeer516
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone looking for some quantum colas I seem to remember passing by at least five you can steal in the richs dudes pad in Paradise Falls.

jwmc1971
10-16-2008, 09:22 PM
I've been saving the toy trucks too. Seem kinda too random not to be used.

:woop: me too , i have six so far . everytime i see one my 4yr old says grab it so ....

PhoenixRising17
10-16-2008, 10:01 PM
i have six so far . everytime i see one my 4yr old says grab it so ....

I got zero so far because........... the game isnt released :P. Damn you, getting it from connections :P I wanna have connections to :)