PDA

View Full Version : Highlight Reel Announced

xJMx Joker
10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
"SVR 09 is tossing in Highlight Reel, an option where you can record parts of your matches, save them, edit them together, and then upload the file for the world to see.

The feature seems like it'll be easy enough to use. Players will do something cool in their matches; pause the game; and have the option to watch the last 30 seconds of gameplay while changing camera angles, manually moving the point of view, and fast forwarding and rewinding at will. If you dig a 30-second spot, you can save the clip and continue the match -- saving other replays whenever you feel like it. When the match is over, you can jump into the Highlight Reel option and get to work on your masterpiece.

Once you're in the editing tool, you're going to have a handful of options at your fingertips. You can toss in multiple clips, put transitions between them, add effects such as slow motion and filters, and pipe in sounds that include music from your system's playlist. There will be editable graphics and logos, the ability to change camera angles here as well, and more. When it's all said and done, you can create a custom, virtual DVD Cover with different backgrounds, Superstar photos, graphics, and custom text. You can even create your own screenshots -- complete with graphics, filters and more -- in the editing tool.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/919/919299/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-20081013113416467-000.jpg

You'll be able to save 20 of these movies, and yes, your created Superstars and finishers will be supported in this mode. When you think you've got squared-circle gold, you can upload your videos and/or screens and hop on the SVR server to download what the other rabid WWE fans have made." Straight from IGN.

I think this feature is cool and somewhat modernises the game because alot of others are doing this now. (FIFA etc)

l.maciver
10-16-2008, 11:07 PM
I hope you can make your own entrance video, RAW2 on the xbox aloud you to let your guy be on the screen. adding this and you can make something even better...
I hope it gets added, if not, then i hope the suggestion get through to the next game...

RainmanNGGC
10-18-2008, 05:29 AM
This feature could be very cool, but I think it might get old after a couple of months. That is, unless you can use it as your Titantron. I can see myself recreating my CAW's Titantron several times as I edit his moves through out the year. Whether you can or can't use it for the Titantron, this feature will be fun to play with from time to time.

xJMx Joker
10-19-2008, 01:21 AM
This feature could be very cool, but I think it might get old after a couple of months. That is, unless you can use it as your Titantron. I can see myself recreating my CAW's Titantron several times as I edit his moves through out the year. Whether you can or can't use it for the Titantron, this feature will be fun to play with from time to time.

i agree, it would be very cool if you could use it to edit a titantron because it would keep things fresh. I like the idea of it being a dvd when played back from the hard disk.

XxNoMercy94xX
10-22-2008, 01:12 AM
At first I wasn't liking this new feature so much until I read about how much different things you can do to your videos. I'm also hoping that you can make a titantron with all of your videos. Being able to make a titantron would make people use the Highlight Reel alot more since people would update their characters movesets, face new people, and just do new stuff making them want to edit their titantron. Without being able to make a titantron I don't see this feature lasting more than a few months.

davie mac
10-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Am unsure if this feature has any real uses being perfectly honest. Yeah making your own videos of matches will be cool for like an hour but then afterwards it will get boring fast unless you can share videos with your friends. i.e. Uploading the videos to a site so everyone can watch them. Even then unless the videos are from online matches the odds are the matches will likely look crap.

Am reserving my judgement on this new feature will have to wait until the 7th to find it out if this is a make or break feature. I just don't see myself sitting there editing videos for hours on end, well not unless this feature is that incredible it blows my mind....I have never found a game with a feature that has blown my mind yet btw.

afunk117
10-22-2008, 09:55 AM
if they created it probably it could be a fan favorite feature