PDA

View Full Version : Last Great Person

snrdragon
10-16-2008, 01:47 AM
I have been trying for many days using the quick culture/great people hint. I am trying to get Agamemnon. I have used it with the greeks and each time I am seeing a pattern of what great people I get. Does anyone know which civilization has a higher chance of getting Agamemnon?

snrdragon
10-17-2008, 10:56 PM
It is funny I have actually went through each civilization using the culture tip and I have actually gotten every one but Agamemnon. Can someone tell me what culture they remember getting him and what scenario or game they remember it being?

turbonyg
10-18-2008, 07:09 PM
It is funny I have actually went through each civilization using the culture tip and I have actually gotten every one but Agamemnon. Can someone tell me what culture they remember getting him and what scenario or game they remember it being?

I got him with the Greeks on Easy Beta Centuri Method.

I have been trying for days to get 2 - Marco Polo and Homer. Popped Polo last night, but haven't snagged Homer yet... last achievement to get..

Good luck

turbonyg
10-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Finally got Homer. Was about halfway through my next game as the greeks again.

Fastest method seems to be as the greeks, Monarchy on Beta Centuri Easy. Build temple, cathedral and then Magna Carta. After that build wonders and then buildings to your hearts content.

snrdragon
10-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks I actually got it after quitting this game and playing Call of Duty 4 to the veteran Mile HIgh Club. Got Agamemnon in my third game. Counted 18 games just to get this one guy. Funny thing is I got a guesstimate of how many great people one civilization can make per Beta Centari scenario. Greek and Roman bet all getting around 19 a piece for me.

hoernchen
10-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Seriously Marco Polo, I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!

What is up with this Achievement? All and i mean ALL other Achievements were a breeze, but the 'Here's looking at you' one drives me mad. I've been at it for hours and i just can't find him to complete all Great Persons.

I popped every other Person at least 30 times (even the ones many others seem to have problems with), but Polo... arghhh...

I tried every Scenario, did Beta Centauri and the 'Money' Scenario at least 20 times each, tried different difficulties, tried different Civs, normal play & quick play just upgrading to 'Currency' (it's what he needs to pop, at least the Civilopedia says so), nothing...

So, if anybody has found a Scenario/Civilization or a way that seems to make him pop up more often, please share. I'm going nuts over this one.

EDIT: + 3 hours - still nothing. I hate HIM!

Brin Caspian
10-27-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm down to 6 people. Trying the BC-culture method, I tend to get the same people over and over. This last time I even sent out spies and armies and stole GP from other cities before taking them. Converted them into culture makers for me. No luck. I am stuck on this and 1000AD.

Edit: Got them ALL! So I started over with my wife's account, and got the ones that took me forever as 2 of the first 3 GP! GRRRR....

xTaylor 94x
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm down to 6 people. Trying the BC-culture method, I tend to get the same people over and over. This last time I even sent out spies and armies and stole GP from other cities before taking them. Converted them into culture makers for me. No luck. I am stuck on this and 1000AD.

Edit: Got them ALL! So I started over with my wife's account, and got the ones that took me forever as 2 of the first 3 GP! GRRRR....

you can check if someone already has a great person in the civilpedia

eshewitt
11-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I got all of my great people with little dificulty by putting it on easy and maxing culture out of as many cities as possibly in a skirmish. If I got a pattern of people I switched civilizations or switched my civ to the Americans to screw up the pattern. It may not seem short but you can get at least 35 great people by the end of the game and the acheivement. You can also play a scenario to change the great
people's order.

Daimakaimura
01-22-2009, 06:12 PM
i need only Confucius

but i read somewhere that you need to find a relic to get him...
is that true -_- ?

The Ben Machine
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Confuscious(sp?) & Cheops have continued to avoid me. Im starting to go mental just redoing the easy great people trick...

The Ben Machine
01-22-2009, 09:42 PM
i need only Confucius

but i read somewhere that you need to find a relic to get him...
is that true -_- ?

Well there is the school of Confuscious relic but i have no idea if that gives you him.. i keep being beaten to it.

Edit: No, the school of Confucius does NOT guarantee you getting him... bastard! he has managed to avoid me through about 50 games, even doing the little tricks. The same few pop.

If i see Tippu sultan, Einstein or Stokowski anymore times.. i think i may go mad

mig0
03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I followed a different pattern than what has been suggested- instead of trying for Homer & stopping after 6 or so great people appeared, I kept on and on. I must've gotten about 30 or so GP and finally Homer appeared. When my cities maxxed out in buildings, I built more cities and used those to generate more culture and eventually I was generating like 1500 per turn.